Medical Social Service Unit
“We can’t help everyone, but everyone can help someone”
"Join Hands with us"
Dr. RP Centre, was established on the 10th of March, 1967 as a National centre for ophthalmic science, to provide state of the art patient care, expand human resources for medical education and undertake research to find solutions to eye health problems of national importance.
Dr. R.P. Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences has a Medical Social Service Unit to assist, guide and help patients for their treatment. Our unit has been serving patients for more than three decades. There are two Medical Social Service Officers to guide and counsel the patient as per the need. The Medical Social Service Officer (MSSO) is an indispensable member of the ‘Multi-professional Health Care Team’ who creates a therapeutic network among the doctor, the patient, the family and the community. The MSSO team works under the supervision of the Medical Superintendent of the centre.
WHO definition says that “Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.”Therefore the ultimate goal of Medical Social Services is Health which has a Psycho-social element dominating the physical factors most of the time.
The professional competency of a MSSO is formed through a Postgraduate Degree in Social Work which gives a rigorous training by study of Social Work Methodology, Medical & Psychiatric Social work, Psychology, Sociology, Human Resource Management, Statistics, Social Policy & Administration and Research Methodology in addition to the Concurrent Field-work, Dissertation and Block-placement in specialized Social-work agencies.
- The Chief, Dr. R.P.Centre
- Medical Superintendent, Dr. R.P.Centre (Dr.D.K.Sharma)
- Chief M.S.S.O.(Ms. Kiran Bala Singh)
- M.S.S.O.( Ms. Surinder Pal Kaur)
- “MAY I HELP YOU COUNTER” - (Part Time Social Guides)
Role of the Medical Social Service Officer
- Exemption process of Hospital Levy charges for BPL and Indigent patients manually and through e-hospital management system based on the Socio-economic assessment.
- Providing Railway concession Certificate to patients as per Government rules to ensure the regular follow-up.
- Counselling services - Counselling the patient and attendants empowering them towards physical, social, economical ,vocational and psychological rehabilitation.
- Planning & Administration-Coordination with the Hospital Administration and various Departments to improve the patient welfare activities and create a more patient-friendly environment
- To generate Unique Hospital Identity Details (UHID) for jail patients for the treatment under exempted category
- Facilitating outstation patients for accommodation facilities in sarais, dharamshalas etc..
- Liasoning for Employees Health Services (EHS) beneficiaries
- Coordination for Disability Certificate
- Socio-Economic assessment and Psycho-Social diagnosis: The MSSO helps the patient to get the benefits from different schemes for patients through the Socio- Economic assessment of MSSO
- Facilitating for free medicines & surgical items through store for in-patients as per the Consultations received from various wards
- Facilitating for free medicines and Spectacles for poor and indigent outdoor (OPD) patients through Poor Patients Fund of Centre
- Coordination of Financial Assistance through Rashtriya Arogya Nidhi (RAN/NIAF), Prime Minister's Relief Fund, Health Minister's Discretionary Grant Fund and direct donations
- Channelize the May I Help You Counter by Part-time Social Guides for guidance and assistance regarding centre's services
- Fund-raising and networking -Coordination and networking with various NGOs and Donors for patient welfare.
- To create a therapeutic-Network among the doctor, the patient, the family and the community.
- To ensure the protection of the basic rights of the patients.
- To coordinate with the Ophthalmologist , Technical Staff, Record Section and Liasioning with various Departments of the Main Hospital, along with the Dr. R.P. Centre and Hospital Administration to facilitate the Medical Social Services .
- Special services during Epidemics, Disasters and Natural Calamities for managing the patient care efficiently
Donate eye to give sight - Donate generously to save sight
Donations for poor & indigent patients undergoing treatment at our centre can be made by Cash/ Bank Draft/ Cheque drawn in favor of “POOR PATIENTS FUND ACCOUNT / Dr. R.P .Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences”/ NEFT (Account Nbr. 10874588480, IFSC:SBIN-0001536).
Donations made under this account are eligible for 100% tax relief U/S 80G and 35 of the Income Tax Act, 1961 vide order no. DIT (E) 2006-2007/A-240/1216 dated 31-08-2006.
The Bank Draft/ Cheque along with a covering letter could also be directly sent by post to:-
Dr.R.P.Centre for Ophthalmic Science,
Room No.129, Ist Floor,
All India Institute of Medical Sciences,
Ansari Nagar, New Delhi-110029.
Contact For Medical Social Services
Ms. Kiran Bala Singh
Chief Medical Social Service Officer,
Room No.-114, First Floor,
Dr. R.P. Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences,
Email - यह ईमेल पता spambots से संरक्षित किया जा रहा है. आप जावास्क्रिप्ट यह देखने के सक्षम होना चाहिए.