Dr. HITENDER GAUTAM
Bacteriology and Serology Section
Email: यह ईमेल पता spambots से संरक्षित किया जा रहा है. आप जावास्क्रिप्ट यह देखने के सक्षम होना चाहिए.
Area of Research:
- Antimicrobial resistance
- Hospital Infection Control (HIC) and Hospital acquired infections (HAI)
- Antimicrobial stewardship
Dr. Hitender Gautam has completed his M.B.B.S. from University College of Medical Sciences (U.C.M.S.) & G.T.B. Hospital in 2003. He has completed his M.D. in 2008 and Senior Residency in 2011 from Maulana Azad Medical College (M.A.M.C.). He joined the institute as Assistant Professor in June 2014 and currently working in the bacteriology and serology section.
Dr. Hitender Gautam looks after the routine functioning of Bacteriology & Serology Laboratories; routine functioning of HIV-Immunology Laboratory; HIC Core Committee Member, AIIMS, New Delhi; Hospital Infection Control Officer, Dr. B.R.A IRCH & Surgical Block; NABL Core Committee Member & Deputy Quality Manager for Dept. of Microbiology; Invited Co-Guide for PhD in Medicine by Research Medical Microbiology program at Texila American University; Nodal Officer for COVID-19 for Department of Microbiology; Nodal Officer for Department: Information Technology Program Management Consultant (IT PMC) facilitation.
Papers in Conference either as Presenting or Co-author – 76
Book Chapters- 6
Invited Lectures: 30
Gene Bank Submission: 24
- Bir, Raunak; Gautam, Hitender; Arif, Nazneen; Chakravarti, Priyanka; Verma, Jyoti; Banerjee, Sayantan; Tyagi, Sonu; Mohapatra, Sarita; Sood, Seema; Dhawan, Benu; Chaudhry, Rama; Kapil, Arti; Das, Bimal; Das, Bhabatosh. Analysis of Colistin resistance in Carbapenem-Resistant Enterobacterales and XDR Klebsiella pneumoniae. Ther Adv Infectious Dis 2022;9: 1–15. DOI: 10.1177/20499361221080650 (Corresponding author)
- Sharma N, Gautam H, Tyagi S, Raza S, Mohapatra S, Sood S, Dhawan B, Kapil A & Das B.K. Clinical Use of Multiplex-PCR for the Diagnosis of Acute Bacterial Meningitis. J Family Med Prim Care 2022;11:593-8. (Corresponding Author)
- Raza S, Gautam H, Mohapatra S, Sood S, Dhawan B, Chaudhry R, Kapil A, Das BK. Molecular characterization of resistance-nodulation-cell division efflux pump genes in multidrug-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii. J Global Infect Dis J Global Infect Dis 2021;13:177-9. DOI: 10.4103/jgid.jgid_404_20. (Corresponding Author)
- Sonu Agrawal, Hitender Gautam, Abdul Hakim Choudhary, Bimal Kumar Das, Lalit Kumar, Arti Kapil. Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infections in Cancer Patients: An experience from a tertiary care cancer centre. Ind J Med Microbiol 2019 Jul-Sep;37(3):376-380. (Corresponding Author).
- Jajoo M, Manchanda V, Chaurasia S, Sankar MJ, Gautam H, Agarwal R, Yadav CP, Aggarwal KC, Chellani H, Ramji S, Deb M, Gaind R, Kumar S, Arya S, Sreenivas V, Kapil A, Mathur P, Rasaily R, Deorari AK, Paul VK; Investigators of the Delhi Neonatal Infection Study (DeNIS) collaboration, New Delhi, India. Alarming rates of antimicrobial resistance and fungal sepsis in outborn neonates in North India. PLoS One. 2018 Jun 28;13(6):e0180705.
- Hitender Gautam, Preena Bhalla, Sanjeev Saini, Beena Uppal, Ravinder Kaur, Chander Prakash Baveja, Richa Dewan. Epidemiology of Opportunistic Infections and its Correlation with CD4+ T-Lymphocyte Counts and Plasma Viral Load among AIDS Patients at tertiary care hospital in India. Journal of the International Association of Physicians in AIDS Care 2009; 8(6): 333-337. (Corresponding Author)