Name: Dr. Ranjan Gupta
Designation: Assistant Professor
Qualification: MD, DM
e-mail id: यह ईमेल पता spambots से संरक्षित किया जा रहा है. आप जावास्क्रिप्ट यह देखने के सक्षम होना चाहिए. ; यह ईमेल पता spambots से संरक्षित किया जा रहा है. आप जावास्क्रिप्ट यह देखने के सक्षम होना चाहिए.
A. Medical Education:
C. Areas of special interest:
Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE), Lupus Nephritis
Anti-Phospholipid Syndrome / Anti-Phospholipid Antibody Syndrome (APS/APLA)
Immunopathogenesis of SLE and Vasculitis
T cell biology
D. Current Research Projects:
Prediction of response to methotrexate in enthesitis related arthritis and polyarticular subtypes of juvenile idiopathic arthritis: Role of adenosine ectoenzyme network on mononuclear cells.
Funded by Asia-Pacific League of Associations for Rheumatology (APLAR)
I. T helper cells and their signature cytokines as biomarkers of lupus nephritis.
Funded by DST Young Scientist Grant
II. CD163+ macrophages and soluble CD163 in blood and urine as markers of lupus nephritis disease activity.
Funded by IRA research grant
Endogenous TLR4 ligands MRP8/14 and Tenascin-C as biomarkers of lupus nephritis disease activity: Cross sectional and longitudinal assessment
E. Awards and honors:
1. ARA – APLAR scholarship, 2017 to attend the combined Australian and New Zealand Rheumatology Association Meeting at Auckland
2. 9th Young Investigator’s Meeting (YIM), 2017 participant at Goa – Organized by IndiaBioscience.
3. International fellow from India for the year 2016 for the fellows exchange program between American College of Rheumatology and Indian Rheumatology Association.
4. Indian Rheumatology Association (IRA) Research Grant, 2016
5. IRA travel grant, 2016 to attend ACR annual meeting at Washington, USA
6. Asia-Pacific League of Associations for Rheumatology (APLAR) research grant, 2016
7. International Travel Grant, 2016 given by Japanese College of Rhuematology to attend annual meeting at Yokohama, Japan
8. DST travel grant, 2013 to attend American College of Rheumatology (ACR) annual meeting, 2015 at San Francisco, USA
9. IRA travel bursary, 2014 to attend National annual meeting of IRA at Chandigarh
10. Department of Science & Technology (DST), Govt. of India Young Scientist Grant
11. IRA travel grant, 2013 to attend APLAR Symposium at Bali, Indonesia
12. IRA travel bursary, 2013 to attend National annual meeting of IRA at Kolkata.
13. Best oral paper in basic sciences at the Annual meeting of Indian Rheumatology Association (IRA), 2013 at Kolkata
14. ICMR travel grant, 2013 to attend American College of Rheumatology (ACR) annual meeting, 2013 at San Diego, USA
15. Dr. Vithalrao Nathgouda national best annual thesis award, 2012 given by Association of Physicians of India (API) at Kolkata
16. Best paper award – Best case report for the year 2010-2011 given by JIPMER Scientific Society (JSS)
17. Certificate of appreciation in physiology and microbiology for securing >75% marks in all internal assessment examinations in MBBS
F. Publications in peer reviewed journals:
1. Aggarwal A, Gupta R, Negi VS, Rajasekhar L, Misra R, Singh P, Chaturvedi V and Sinha S. Urinary haptoglobin, alpha-1 anti-chymotrypsin and retinol binding protein identified by proteomics as potential biomarkers for lupus nephritis. Clin Exp Immunol 2017;188(2):254-62
2. Phatak S, Chaurasia S, Kumar S, Gupta R, Agrawal V, AGgarwal A, Misra R. Urinary B cell Activating Factor (BAFF) and A Proliferation Inducing Ligand (APRIL): Potential biomarkers of Active Lupus Nephritis. Clin Exp Immunol. 2017;187(3):376-82
3. Gupta R, Yadav A, Aggarwal A. Longitudinal Assessment Of Monocyte Chemoattractant Protein – 1 In Lupus Nephritis As A Biomarker Of Disease Activity. Clin Rheumatol 2016;35(11):2707-14
4. Gupta R, Misra R. Microbe-triggered arthropathies: reactive arthritis and beyond. Int J Rheum Dis. 2016;19:437-9
5. Gupta R, Misra R. Measuring Anti-drug antibodies: A step towards optimization of biologic therapy. J Assoc Physicians India 2016;64(9):11-12
6. Gupta R, Aggarwal A, Sinha S, Rajasekhar L, Yadav A, Gaur P, Misra R, Negi VS. Urinary Osteoprotegerin: A Potential Biomarker of Lupus Nephritis Disease Activity. Lupus 2016;25(11):1230-6
7. Gupta R, Aggarwal A. Popeye deformity in rheumatoid arthritis. – J Postgrad Med 2016;62(2):33-4
8. Gupta R, Nath AK, Subbian M, Basu D, Hamide A, D'Souza M. Hemorrhagic skin nodules and plaques: A diagnostic clue to underlying primary plasma cell leukemia. Indian J Dermatol 2016;61(2):203-5
9. Gupta R, Yadav A, Misra R, Aggarwal A. Urinary sCD25 as a biomarker of lupus nephritis disease activity. Lupus. 2015 Mar;24(3):273-9
10. Gupta R, Yadav A, Misra R, Aggarwal A. Urinary prostaglandin D synthase as biomarker in lupus nephritis: a longitudinal study. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2015; 33:694-98
11. Gupta R, Aggarwal A. Exercise and rheumatoid arthritis: A low cost intervention with major benefits Natl Med J India 2015;28(3):32-3
12. Misra R, Gupta R. Biomarkers in lupus nephritis. Int J Rheum Dis. 2015 Feb;18(2):219-32
13. Gupta R, Aggarwal A. High burden of cardiovascular disease in lupus: Is there a way out? Indian Journal of Rheumatology 2015;10:181-82
14. Gupta R, Aggarwal A. An unusual cause of hip pain – National Medical Journal of India 2014; 27(6): 349
15. Venkateswaran R, Gupta R, Swaminathan R P. Bruns nystagmus in cerebellopontine angle tumor. JAMA Neurol. 2013;70(5):646
16. Aggarwal A, Shenoy S, Gupta R. Long term Outcome in Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis. Indian Journal of Rheumatology 2012;7:22-26
17. Gupta R, Mohindra N, Agarwal V. A rare cause of focal myositis in diabetes. Indian Journal of Rheumatology 2013; (8): 190 – 191