Department of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology is having well established Toxicology laboratory for doing analysis of following tests.
1. Qualitative and quantitative analysis of alcohol in clinical as well as medico-legal cases.
2. Qualitative and quantitative analysis of heavy metals such as As, Pb, Hg, Cu, Cd, Zn, Tl etc from blood, urine and other biological materials.
3. Qualitative analysis of pesticides such as Organophophorus, Organochloro, Pyrethroids, Carbamates etc from biological materials.
4. Qualitative analysis of different drugs such as opiates, tranquilizers barbiturates etc
5. Analysis of several other poisons such as Carbon monoxide, Cyanide, phosphate etc.
Toxicology laboratory is equipped with the following major sophisticated analytical equipments for day today work.
1 Gas Chromatography Head Space (GC-HS)
2 High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC)
3 Trace Metal Analyser (Polarography/ Voltametry)
4 UV-Visible Spectroscopy
5 Gas Liquid Chromatography (GLC)
6 Biochemical Analyser
Toxicology laboratory regularly provides short term and long term training to the students from India and abroad. Laboratory also supports research work for M.D. and Ph.D.students