SEXUAL ASSAULT ACCUSED MEDICOLEGAL EXAMINATION
Round the clock supervision of Casualty is maintained for imparting Expert Opinion (medicolegal services) in requisite cases belonging to jurisdiction of South and South East Delhi. These include cases of injury, sexual offences, poisoning and other complicated medico-legal cases. The department is attending all the calls pertaining to medical examination in police & judicial custody.
The Department of Forensic Medicine conducts the Medicolegal Examination of accused of sexual assault. The Jurisdiction of the cases dealt in the department is the same as that of the Postmortem Cases i.e. South and Southeast District of Delhi.
Request application in the name of department of forensic medicine.
- FIR/DD copy.
- Brief History of the case certified by IO.
- Statement of the victim/witnesses
- MLC No & E.No, which are provided by the Department of Emergency, AIIMS.
- The medico-legal examination is conducted round the clock in Clinical Forensic Medicine in Mortuary.
- After duty hours only the fresh cases in which the alleged incident is of less than 72hrs days will be entertained.
- The application for conducting the examination has to be made by the Investigating Officer of the case.
- The Investigating Officer of the case should accompany the accused. This is required for better understanding of the circumstances of the case, so as to preserve the necessary trace evidences.
- If he/she is unable to do so, the name of the police person accompanying should be clearly written in the application and same will be mentioned in the MLC.
- The IO should ensure that accompanying police is carrying the documents relating to the history and details of the case.
- The police personal along with the accused will take MLC Number from the Emergency department.
- Then he will report to the doctor on duty in the mortuary who will conduct the examination of the accused.