Activities of Computer Facility
The Computer Facility was created at AIIMS in 1988 in view of the increasing demands and pressing needs of the institute for the computerization of Patient Care System, academics, administration and library etc. The computer Facility has ever since been responsible for established of a local Area Network catering to more than 6500 nodes supporting the Institute, its hospital, Centers, the establishment, finance and the library... It is responsible for the application of computerization in academics where computational needs of the departments is assessed, developed and installed for the requirement of technology for research and teaching. The network management unit of Computer Facility is responsible for maintenance of network, its ever expanding needs, implementation of stat -of -art technology for higher speeds, development and installation of networks and network hardware. The Computer Facility has already established internet site hosted on server at the aiims.edu
The Computer Facility's internet and intranet unit takes care of maintenance of its proxy Mail and HTTP server for AIIMS, up gradation of internet services, development of the web site and the contents creation and management of the latest information of the departments at its web site. The management support unit of Computer Facility looks after the development and software and its maintenance for all the computational needs of the establishment, recruitment, audit, accounts and other administrative units of the AIIMS.
Computer Facility has undertaken the task of implementation of ehospital software along with NIC for AIIMS main hospital and related centres
The Institute is connected on to the Wide Area Network through the high speed dedicated link provided by NKN and NIC. The library network of the Institute is highly advanced and it is being upgraded to be available through web browsing so that readers may avail of the services form anywhere on the network.
The Computer Facility had also initiated certain teaching programme like Computer in Nursing (B.Sc.), Biotechnology, Human Biology. Certain other programs providing regular courses in Medical Informatics at Diploma in Postgraduate level which have been proposed by the Computer Facility are currently under consideration of the Institute.
- Research ,Ethics and Publication Program (R.E.A.P) (http://www.slideshare.net/nisaiims/reap-54630038)
- Ø CNE (Computerization)
- Ø E-LEARNING MODULE (http://www.aiimsdelhi.org/ )
- Ø PDCP (www.jpnatc.com/conference/pspd2013/ )
• cost effectiveness of network printer and local printer in health care delivery system (https://www.slideshare.net/secret/4JMqQzVon3x5cF)• Improving Emergency Care Of Neurosurgery Patients By ENCs In AIIMS (http://www.slideshare.net/nisaiims/improving-emergency-care-of-neurosurgery-patients-by-encs-in-aiims• EFFICIENCY OF WEB PORTAL IN ENHANCING PATIENT SATISFACTION: A PROSPECTIVE COMPARITATIVE STUDY (https://www.slideshare.net/secret/6aRoPC4z8hLfmA)• A STUDY TO ASSESS THE HEALTH LITERACY RATE OF PATIENTS PRESENTING TO OUTPATIENT DEPARTMENT (http://www.slideshare.net/nisaiims/a-study-to-assess-the-health-literacy-rate-of-patients-presenting-to-outpatient-department)• Evidence-based Practice: Knowledge, Attitudes and Practice Among Nurses in AIIMS (http://www.slideshare.net/nisaiims/evidencebased-practice-knowledge-attitudes-and-practice-among-nurses-in-aiims)• Continuous Nursing Education(CNE), Role Of Nurse Informatics: Strategies to Success (http://www.slideshare.net/nisaiims/continuous-nursing-educationcne-role-of-nurse-informatics-strategies-to-success)• CASH CARD: BON VOYAGE QUEUE SYSTEM” (http://www.slideshare.net/nisaiims/cash-card-bon-voyage-queue-system)• Data Based Registry :Accuracy, Efficiency And Quality (http://www.slideshare.net/nisaiims/data-based-registry-accuracy-efficiency-and-quality)
AWARDS & ACHIEVEMENTS
- Award for cost effective use of ITC for e-governance by ‘Times of India Health Care’ 2015
- Award for AIIMS OPD Transformation Technology Evangelist by TCS in 2015
- SKOTCH Award 2015 for Online Appointment System in AIIMS
- Awarded the best project in its category in Healthcare Leaders Forum and Awards for ‘Patient display system’ by ELETS at Hotel Royal Plaza, New Delhi on 12 March 2015Golden Peacock award Golden Peacock Innovative Product / Service Award – 2014.
- Awarded the best IT project in healthcare-2014 by e-India at The Leela Kovalam, Trivandrum on 15th November 2014
- E-India award for ‘Most Innovative Healthcare Implementation’ for the year 2013 held in Hyderabad on 29th July 2013
- Best Poster award for ‘Online health portal in Improving Neurosurgical care’ at the Annual conference of NSI in Bangalore from 16-18 Dec 2011
- Best Jury Award for online healthcare provider for developing ‘Integrated online portal for AIIMS Trauma Centre’ at the eHealth world awards 2011 held on August 2, 2011at New Delhi
- m-billionth 2011 award for m-health category for project mPAIN (mobile patient admission information network) in July 2011 in New Delhi, India.
- Best IT implementation of the year 2011 by PCQuest for online portal for JPN Apex Trauma Centre, AIIMS in May 2011 by PCQuest IT magazine
- eIndia 2010 Jury's choice award in mGovernance for 'Eliminating queues in OPD-An mgovernance initiative at JPNATC' on 6 September 2010 at Hyderabad, India
- m-billionth 2010 award for m-health category for mBillionth Congress & Award Gala scheduled on July 23rd 2010 in New Delhi, India.