a. Major O.T Services:
The department of Surgical Oncology has three state of art major operation theaters for performing various kinds of major cancer surgeries . One of the existing operation theater has been renovated for Intra operative Radiotherapy (IOHDR). This technique involves delivery of precise radiation beams to the tumor bearing area during the surgery after tumor removal. All the major operation theatres are well equipped with the whole range of machinery and equipment required to perform various types of complex cancer surgeries involving various organ systems.
a. Minor O.T Services :
The department has a separate Minor O.T complex in the ground floor of IRCH for wound care, minor operations, and Endoscopies.
Minor operative procedures:
1. Various Biopsies for confirmation of cancer including Fine needle aspiration cytology, Core needle biopsy , incision or excision biopsy .
2. Removal of small superficial cancers under local anesthesia .
3. Placement of long term venous access devices for chemotherapy (Hickman catheters / Chemoports)
Majority of G.I. cancer patients require some endoscopy procedure for confirmation of cancer. The department of Surgical oncology is offering the following Endoscopy services for cancer patients at IRCH.
Diagnostic Endoscopy :
1. Upper Gastrointestinal Endoscopy including side viewing endoscopy
2. Lower Gastrointestinal Endoscopy including sigmoidoscopy and colonoscopy .
Therapeutic Endoscopy :
1. Endoscopy guided placement of feeding tubes & PEG.
2. Dilatation of Strictures
3. Placement of Stents for G.I. Cancers.
4. Intra-luminal Radiotherapy tube placement for Esophageal cancer
5. Endoformalin therapy for radiation cystitis and proctitits.
Surgical Oncology Census
ICU has 6 beds with state of art equipment for managing post operative and critical patients. The ICU is managed by the Dept. of Anasthesiology , BRA-IRCH.
1) Dr .S.V.S. Deo (Senior Resident )
2) Dr .Sumeet goyal (Senior Resident )
3) Dr. Kislay Kumar Thakur(Senior Resident )
4) Dr. Rajesh Nanda (Senior Research Associate )
5) Dr. Shantivardhan (Senior Research Associate)
6) Dr .Arun Goel ( Senior Research Associate)
7) Dr .V Seenu ( Senior Research Associate)
8) Dr. Deepak Routray (Long term Trainee)
9) Dr .Rajesh Srivastava (Long term Trainee)
10) Dr .J Kishore (Senior Resident )
11) Dr. Murali babu (Senior Resident )
12) Dr .Niranjan (Senior Resident )
13) Dr. Dinesh Kadam (Senior Resident )
14) Dr. Rashmi (Senior Resident )
15) Dr.Madhabanand Kar(Senior Resident&SRA )
16) Dr. G. Srinivas (Senior Resident )
17) Dr. Sonal Asthana (Senior Resident )
18) Dr .D Sridhar (Senior Resident )
19) Dr Diganta K das (Senior Resident )
20) Dr. Joydeep Purkayastha. (Senior Resident )
21) Dr. Sunil Kumar (Senior Resident & SRA)
22) Dr. Rajiv Saran (Senior Resident )
23) Dr Mittal (Long term Trainee)
24) Dr Neeraj saxena (Long term Trainee)
25) Dr Charak (Long term Trainee)
26) Dr. Atul Samaiya (Senior Resident )
27) Dr. Sidharth Hazarika(Senior Resident )
28) Dr .Ajay Saha (Long term Trainee)
29) Dr. M. Omprakask (Senior Resident )
30) Dr.Gaurav Jain (Long term observer )
31) Dr. Majid ( Short term observer )
32) Dr. Prashant Khullar (Senior Resident )
33) Dr. Rajive (Senior Resident )
34) Dr. Manish Verma (Senior Resident )
35) Dr. Archit Pandit (Senior Resident )
36) Dr. Mandeep Singh (Senior Resident )
37) Dr .Praveen (Senior Resident )
38) Dr. Deepak Jha (Senior Resident )
39) Dr. Jeevan Ram(Senior Resident )
40) Dr. Jitender(Senior Resident )
41) Dr. Ashwin Kalayanpur(Senior Resident )
42) Dr. Balasubramaniam(Senior Resident )
43) Dr. Amrita(Senior Resident )
44) Dr. Shubham(Senior Resident )
45) Dr. Subi (Senior Resident )
46) Dr. Debashish (Senior Resident )
47) Dr. Arvind (Senior Resident )
48) Dr. Vaitheeswaran (Senior Resident )
49. Dr.Manjunath (MCh)
50. Dr.Dilip K Mudulay (MCh)
51. Dr.Shivam (Senior Resident )
52. Dr.Rakesh (Senior Resident )
53. Dr.Tapan (Senior Resident )
MCh Surgical Oncology 1 st Batch ( Jun 2015)
Standing : Dr. Manjunath . Dr.Dilip K Mudulay (Students)
Sitting : Dr.Amar Bhatnagar , Dr.Ravikant,Dr.N.K.Shukla, Dr.S.V.S.Deo (Examiners)
Award & Honors:
Prof. N.K.Shukla being felicitated by Dr.A.P.J.Abdul kalam on the occasion of “Doctors Day”
Award & Honors:
Dr.S.V.S.Deo . Recipient of International Guest Scholar Award of American College of Surgeons .
| Department Alumini Meet during International Cancer Congress , New Delhi 2013
Courses / Training
Details of the application format and regulations governing such training are available on the AIIMS web site (http://www.aiims.edu/aiims/academic/guideline_ST_LT.htm).
For Enquiry - Contact :
Dean / Registrar
New Delhi -110029, India
Prof. N.K. Shukla
Head of Department, Surgical Oncology
New Delhi -110029, India