Awards and Honours
- Dr. S.K.Acharya was awarded the Padma Shree Award by the President of India on January 31, 2014.
- Dr. Umesh Kapil was requested by World health organization to review and update of the Regional Nutrition Strategy: addressing malnutrition and micronutrient deficiencies (2011-2015) which consists of following chapters i) Introduction ; ii) Profile of the South East Asia Region Countries and Food Security and iii) Assessment of Nutrition
- Dr. Umesh Kapil was elected member of Technical Meeting of International Malnutrition Task Force on “Severe Acute and Moderate Malnutrition in South-East Asia” held on 27-29th May 2013 at Bangkok, Thailand.
- Dr.Pramod Garg Continues to be as Associate Editor of an international journal “Pancreatology” (5-year impact factor 2.39).
- Dr. Pramod Garg was Elected Council Member, International Association of Pancreatology 2012
- Dr. Pramod Garg is editorial Board member, ‘Pancreapedia’, an online resource website for Pancreas Research.
- Dr. Govind Makharia was nominated as the Chairman of World Gastroenterology Organization and Asia Pacific Association of Gastroenterology Working Party on Celiac Disease; Continue to be member of Asia Pacific Working Party on Colorectal cancer and Polyps; Continue to be Core Member of Asia Pacific Working party on Inflammatory Bowel Disease; Continue to be the treasurer of Indian Society of Gastroenterology; Continue to be the treasurer of Indian Society of Evidence Based Medicine; Continue to be the Governing Council of Functional Disease and Motility Disorders of India; Continue to be an Editorial board member of Indian Society of Gastroenterology; Continue to be the Coordinator, Indian Society of Gastroenterology: Young Clinician Program; Coordinator Indian Society of Gastroenterology: Taskforce on Inflammatory Bowel Disease; Invited as Screening Committee member of taskforce on RNAi by DBT, Invited as Screening Committee member of Task Force on Nano-medicine, Continue to be member of the ICMR Taskforce on celiac disease;
- Dr. Govind Makharia was invited to be the Editor in Chief, Frontiers in Medicine (Gastroenterology);
- Dr. Baibaswata Nayak is the reviewer of following journals: Biochemistry and Biotechnology Research, Drug Research, Tropical Gastroenterology, Indian Journal of Virology, PLoS One, Virus Research, Virology Journal, Viral Immunology, and Journal of Veterinary Science.