Dr A.K. Srivastava. M.Sc, Ph.D.
Sr. Biochemist (Scientist-IV)
Joined the Clinical Chemistry Laboratory of Hosp. Laboratory service
on 8th March 1984.
Nature of Work:
Supervision of clinical chemistry laboratory with regards to quality assurance, maintenance of equipments and other day to day problems. Direct supervision of Clinical Chemistry Emergency laboratory.
Member of Scientific Societies
1. Life member- Association of Clinical Biochemist of India
2. Life Member- India Science Congress Association
Received Asia-B award and cash prize of JPY 50,000 for the work presented at 18th International Congress on Clinical Chemistry & Laboratory Medicine held at Kyoto, Japan in October 2002.
1.Tandon R.K., Srivastava, A.K., Bhaskar, A.K., Gupta, P.C., and Lal, K. Lithogenecity of bile in Indian patients with cholesterol gallstones. Ind. J. Med. Res. 71:907,1980
2.Tandon R.K., Srivastava, A.K. and Gupta U. Interrelation of biliary infection and proteins to gallstone proteins in man. Ind. J. Med. Res. 72: 398, 1980
3.Tandon R.K., Srivastava, A.K. and Gupta U. A study of interrelation of biliary infection to gallstones and bile proteins. Abstracts of 5th Asian Pacific Congress of Gastroenterology. Auckland, New Zealand. Feb.10-15, P-95, 1980.
4. Tandon R.K., Srivastava, A.K., Kapur, B.M.L. and Gupta, Y.K. Gallstone formation : Transition of bile constituents into gallstones. Ind. J. Med. Res. 74: 575, 1981.
5. Tandon R.K., Srivastava, A.K., Khandelwal, B.L. and Mallela, S.P. On bilirubin-copper complex in reference to pigment gallstones. Hepatology-Rapid Literature Review. 11(5): p.1637, 1981.
6.Tandon R.K., Srivastava, A.K. and Gupta U. Increased deconjugation of bilirubin in the bile of pigment gallstone patients. Ind. J. Med. Res. 75: 107, 1982.
7.Srivastava, A.K., Lal, K. and Tandon, R.K. A layerwise quantitation of gallstone constituents. Ind. J. Med. Res. 77: 733, 1983.
8.Tandon R.K., Srivastava, A.K. and Khandelwal, B.L. Bilirubin-metal complexes in reference to pigment gallstones. Hepatology 3: p-1059, 1983.
9.Tandon R.K., Srivastava, A.K., Kapur, B.M.L.and Mishra, R.K. Gallstones of intermediate cholesterol content in Northern India. Jap.Jour. Gastroenterology. 61 (Suppl.59): 2337, 1984.
10.Sahney R., Srivastava, A.K., Puri B.K., Anand S. Enzyme coated glass pH-electrode: Its fabrication and applications in the determination of urea in blood samples. Analytica Chim. Acta. 542: 157, 2005.
11.Sahney R., Anand S., Puri B.K., Srivastava A.K. A comparative study of immobilization techniques for urease on glass-pH-electrode and its application in urea detection in blood serum. Anal. Chim. Acta. 578: 156, 2006.
12. Pathy B.M., Srivastava A.K., Kumar V.L. Calotropis procera latex affords protection against carbon tetrachloride induced hepatotoxicity in rats. Jour. Of Ethnopharmacology 113: 498, 2007.