Chapters in Book Published
Chapters in Books
1. Mukhopadhyay, A. K. Cracking the Hard Problem of Consciousness.
In Quantum Physics and Consciousness. Eds. Sudipto Ghosh, B. D. Mundra, K vasudeva Rao and Varun Agarwal. Pub. Bhaktivedanta Institute and Bharatiya Vidya Mandir, Kolkata, pp. 99-112 (2017).
2. Mukhopadhyay, A. K. Wisdom of both East and West has a common source, Consciousness.
In Consciousness. Integrating Eastern and Western Perspectives. Ed. Emeritus: Prem Saran Satsangi and Stuart Hameroff. Chapter 17, New Age Books, New Delhi, pp. 437-468 (2016).
3. Mukhopadhyay, A.K. From Signal to Will and from Will to Consciousness
In, The Science and Spiritual Quest. The Role of Spirituality in the age of Science and Technology. Ed. Subhas.C. Mishra, Ramgopal Uppaluri, Varun Agarwal.
Proceedings of the 9th AISSQ Conference, IIT, Kharagpur. Pub. Bhaktivedanta Institute,
Kolkata, India, pp. 41-52 (2015).
4. Mukhopadhyay, A. K. From Quantum to Consciousness. A long way to go!
Brain Mind, Cosmos. The nature of our existence and the universe. Part I, E-book,
Ed. Deepak Chopra. Pub. Deepak Chopra, pp. 202-229 (2014).
5. Mukhopadhyay, A. K. Who is the Knower? A response from Medical Science point of view.
9th Nalanda Dialogue on Philosophical and Scientific Models of Understanding Consciousness. Dept. of Philosophy Nava Nalanda Mahavihara, under Ministry of Culture, Govt. of India. (2014), pp. 56-61
6. Mukhopadhyay, A.K. The Material, the Psyche and the Spiritual.
In, Spiritual Consciousness. Ed. P. Srirammurti, Prem Prashant and Anand Mohan, New Age Books, New Delhi, pp. 351-355(2013).
7. Mukhopadhyay, A.K. God Particle to Consciousness: Life-science, Neuroscience and Nonlocal Science Hold the Key.
In, The Science and Spiritual Quest. Integrating Capabilities with values. Ed. S.C. Mishra, Sudipto Ghosh, Varun Agarwal. Proceedings of the 7th AISSQ Conference, Bangalore. Pub. Bhaktivedanta Institute, Kolkata, India, pp.108-123 (2012).
8. Mukhopadhyay, A.K.Consciousness is the Central one in a Five-piece puzzle
In, Models of Understanding Consciousness. Pub. Centre of Advanced Study in Sanskrit, University of Pune, pp. 1-21, (2012).
9.Birendra N. Mallick,Asok K. Mukhopadhyay. REM sleep and dream sleep: are
they identical? Exploring the conceptual developments in the Upanishads and the
present knowledge based on the neurobiology of sleep.
In, REM Sleep: Regulation and Function, Chapter 3. Eds. Birendra N. Mallick, S.
Pandi-Perumal, Robert W. McCarley, and Adrian R. Morrison. Pub. Cambridge
University Press, England, pp.21-30, (2011).
10. Mukhopadhyay AK. The Psyche and the Health
In, Towards the Wellness of Body, Mind and Self. Ed. Jayanti Ranganathan
Published by Institute of Science and Religion, Navi, Mumbai, pp. 15-20 (2010).
11. Mukhopadhyay AK. The Self and its Memes and Genes: Genes, Memes, Self
(Brain), Information and Consciousness.
In, History of Science and Philosophy of Science. A Historical Perspective of theEvolution of Ideas in Science. Project History of Indian Science, Philosophy andCulture (PHISPC).Vol.XI,PartVI, Chapter 21.Ed. Pradip Sengupta. Pub. Pearson, New Delhi, pp. 481-558, (2010).
12. Mukhopadhyay AK. On the Landscape of Human Possibilities – Tendencies of Homo Sapiens to become Homo Spiritualis
In Bridging Science and Spirituality Ed. Subhash C. Mishra, Arun B. Samaddar, Sudipto Ghosh. Published jointly by Bhakti Vedanta Institute, Kolkata and Motilal Nehru Institute of Technology, Allahabad, pp.69-87 (2010).
13. Mukhopadhyay AK. Brain Mind andConsciousness
In, Life and Organicism. Project History of Indian Science, Philosophy and Culture(PHISPC). Vol. XII, Part VI, Chapter 21. Ed. N. S. Rangaswami. Pub. Center for Studies in Civilization, New Delhi, pp. 159-191, (2009).
14. Mukhopadhyay AK. Connection, Confrontation and Unity of Two Titans:
‘Local’ and ‘Nonlocal’ Science
In, Science and Spiritual Quest Ed. Subhash C. Mishra, Sri Kant Nagulapalli, Sudipto Ghosh. Published jointly by Bhakti Vedanta Institute, Calcutta and NIIT, Tiruchirapalli, Tamilnadupp.129-144, (2008).
15. Mukhopadhyay AK. Three Consciousness(es), Mind and Information
In, Science and Spiritual Quest Ed. Subhash C. Mishra, Sri Kant Nagulapalli, Sudipto Ghosh. Published jointly by Bhakti Vedanta Institute, Calcutta and Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams, Tirupati,pp. 65-81, (2007).
16. Mukhopadhyay AK. The Layers in the Matrix of Spirit and Matter
In, Science and Spirituality in Modern India.Ed. Makarand Paranjape. Samvad India Foundation, New Delhi, in association with Center for Indic Studies, University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth, pp. 96-120, (2006).
Cited and Abstracted in Network Review (2007), 93, p. 38.
17. Mukhopadhyay AK. Supracortical Consciousness. An opening to multiple new
doors of Science.
In, The Enworlded Subjectivity. Its Three Worlds and Beyond. Project History of
Indian Science, Philosophy and Culture (PHISPC). Vol. XI, Part 4, Ed. R.
Balasubramanian. Pub. Center for Studies in Civilization, New Delhi, pp. 380-
Cited and Abstracted in Network Review (2006), 91, p. 39.
18. Mukhopadhyay AK. A Composite Model of the Psyche. Its Practical
Relevance in Psychotherapy
In Psychotherapy, Yoga and Spirituality. Ed. Ganesh Shankar. Jagdamba
Publishing Company, New Delhi, pp. 20-29, (2005).
“I appreciate your commendable originality” - Prof. Elitzur.
Republished in 2009 in the book, Psychotherapy and Yoga Traditions, Author Ganesh Shankar, Pranjal Prakashan, Sagar (M.P.), pp. 3-14.
19. Mukhopadhyay AK. Developing a Science for Consciousness: Philosophical
In, Philosophical Consciousness and Scientific Knowledge: Conceptual Linkages and Civilizational Background. Project, History of Indian Science Philosophy and Culture (PHISPC), Vol. XI, Part I. Ed. D. P. Chattopadhyay, Pub. Center for Studies in Civilization, New Delhi, pp. 92-145, (2004).
Cited and Abstracted in Network Review (2006), 91, p. 39.
20.Mukhopadhyay AK. The Experience of Death Phenomenon may be made
amenable to Science
In, Seminar onDeath Dying and Beyond. Publ. SAIIIHR, Pondicherry, pp. 147-182 (2003).
21.Mukhopadhyay AK. Limitation of Present Science
In,Human Mind and Machine Ed. V. N. Jha, Publ. Indians Book Center, New Delhi, pp. 1-12, (2003).
22.Mukhopadhyay AK. The ‘Pentanue’ and the ‘Nanoune’ Models for the
Mechanics of Nature and Consciousness are suggested.
In Philosophy and Science: An Exploratory Approach to Consciousness. Publ. The Ramakrishna Mission Institute of Culture, Kolkata, pp. 347-372, (2003).
23. Mukhopadhyay AK. Science for Consciousness. How is it expected to be?
InApplied Philosophy. Ed. R.P.Singh. Om Publication, Ch.9. New Delhi, pp. 163-195, (2003).