|Deputy Director||R.S. Tyagi|
|System Analyst||S. Kailash|
|Application Programmers||S.N. Ragu Kumar|
Computer programming covering both theory and practical was conducted for the post-graduate students of Bio-technology department. short training courses for the doctors, residents, nurses,MHA students and other allied staff were organised throughout the year, Faculty, residents and nurses of CNC were trained on the use of computers. The IRCH hospital computerisation has been started with ADT module.
Continuing Medical Education
The members of the department participated in and delivered 12 lectures in continuing medical education programmes, symposia and annual conferences during the year.
The members of the department also guided various software for students of Computer Applications and guided Application of computers to the Postgraduate Nursing students and Diploma in Nursing education of Raj Kumari Amrit Kaur College of Nursing . A demonstration of patient care system was given to a visiting team from Hungary.
Collaborative Research Completed
A.QBERIA a complete package for Question Bank, Evaluation of Responses in MCQs, and Item Analysis. (Physiology).
Collaborative Research Continuing
A. Software package for Multimedia based Computer Aided Teaching Package (physiology).
B. Software for analysis of Tumor patterns (biophysics).
1. Giri TK, Wali JP, Meena HS, Pande I, Uppal S, Kailash S. Sociodemographic Characteristics of HIV infection in Northern India. Com Dis 1995, 27 (1) : 1-9.
2. Uppal SS, Pande I, Kumar A, Kailash S, Sekharan NG, Adya CM, Malaviya AN. Adult Onset Still's Disease in Northern India: Comparison with juvenile Onset Still's Disease. Brit J Rheumatol, 1995, 34 : 429-434.
3. Pande I, Uppal SS, Kailash S, Kumar A, Malaviya AN. Behcet's Disease in India: A clinical, immunological, Immunogenetic and outcome study. Brit L Rheumatol, 1995, 34 : 825-830.
4. Aggarwal P, Wali JP, Gupta A, Kailash S, Mishra MC. Profile of patients with poisoning (A 6 months experience). J Foren Med Technol, 1995, vol x : 3-4.
5. Uppal SS, Pande I, Singh G, kailash S, Kakker R, Kumar A, Mehra NK, Giri TK, Sekharan GS, Malaviya AN . Profile of HLA -B27-Related ' unclassificable' seronegative spondyloarthropathy in females and its comparison with the profile in males. Brit J Rheumatol, 1995, 34 :137-140.
6. Aggarwal P, Wali JP, Ranganathan S, Kailash S, Kumar A, Mishra MC, Utility of an observation unit in the emergency department of a tertiary care hospital in India. Europ J Emer Med 1995, 2 : 1-5.
7. Kailash S, Jawa A, Renganathan S, Ragu Kumar SN, Aggarwal P, Demographic Consumer Profile as a scientific planning tool in Hospital Scenario. J Academy Hospt Adm, 1995, 7 :39-43.
As a part of implementation of various modules in the hospital, the stores module has also been implemented. Computerised Billing module is being by CTVS for their surgery billing. The ADT module for CT and NS centre have been implemented.
E-mail facility for academic communication has been extended to the faculty of CN centre by providing line to access the MEDINST E-mail server. The total no of E-mail users has risen to 259 in the institute. Online internet is being provided from the computer facility.
The E-mail Statistics for the year 1995-96 is as follows.
Total no. of Users : 259
Total E-mails sent : 14080 * 25 = 352000
Total E-mail received : 47625 * 2 = 95250
Total : 447250
Revenue saved (compared to the 1/4th usage cost of FAX ) 3.0 lacs (approx.)
The remote login facility to the E-mail and the patient care system has been for the benefit of those staying in AIIMS campus. UTP based LAN is being laid in the teaching department of AIIMS.
The award of Associate Membership to Dr. R.S. Tyagi from International centre for theoretical Physics, Trieste, Italy, a UNESCO & IAEA sponsored organisation, was extended for one more year.
©AIIMS , New Delhi, 1998.