Few selected recent publications
1. Ramakrishnan L, Sachdev HS, Sharma M, Abraham R, Prakash S, Gupta D, Singh Y, Bhaskar S, Sinha S, Chandak GR, Reddy KS, Bhargava S. Relationship of APOA5, PPAR gamma and HL gene variants with serial changes in childhood body mass index and coronary artery disease risk factors in young adulthood. Lipids Health Dis. 2011 May 8;10(1):68
2. Lakshmy R, Fall CH, Sachdev HS, Osmond C, Prabhakaran D, Biswas SD, Tandon N, Ramji S, Reddy KS, Barker DJ, Bhargava SK. Childhood body mass index and adult pro-inflammatory and pro-thrombotic risk factors: data from the New Delhi birth cohort. Int J Epidemiol. 2010 Jul 26.
3. Lakshmy R, Ahmad D, Abraham RA, Sharma M, Vemparala K, Das S, Reddy KS, Prabhakaran D. Paraoxonase gene Q192R & L55M polymorphisms in Indians with acute myocardial infarction & association with oxidized low density lipoprotein. Indian J Med Res. 2010 Apr;131:522-9.
Ramakrishnan Lakshmy, Ruby Gupta, Dorairaj Prabhakaran, Uma Snehi, K. Srinath Reddy. Utility of Dried Blood Spots for Measurement of Cholesterol and Triglycerides in a Surveillance Study. Journal of Diabetes Science and Technology, March 2010, Volume 4, Issue 2: pages 258-262
5. Huffman MD, Prabhakaran D, Osmond C, Fall CHD, Tandon N, Lakshmy R, Ramji S,Khalil A, Gera T, Prabhakaran P, Biswas SKD, Reddy KS, Bhargava SK, Sachdev HS, on behalf on the New Delhi Birth Cohort. Incidence of cardiovascular risk factors in an Indian urban cohort. JACC, 2011, 57: 1766-74.
6. Jeemon P, Prabhakaran D, Ramakrishnan L, Gupta R, Ahmed F, Thankappan K, Kartha C, Chaturvedi V, Reddy K, Population study Group TS. Association of high sensitive C-reactive protein (hsCRP) with established cardiovascular risk factors in the Indian population. Nutr Metab (Lond) 2011, 8(1): 19
7. Ramakrishnan L, Thangjam R, Roy A, Singh S, Ramakrishnan L, Seth S, Narang R, Bhargava B. Acute effect effects of tobacco chewing on the systemic, pulmonary and coronary circulation. Am J Cardiovasc Drugs 2011, 11(2) 109-14.
Caroline HD Fall, Harshpal Singh Sachdev, Clive Osmond, Ramakrishnan Lakshmy, Sushant Dey Biswas, Dorairaj Prabhakaran, Nikhil Tandon, Siddharth Ramji, K Srinath Reddy, David JP Barker, Santosh K Bhargava.Adult metabolic syndrome and impaired glucose tolerance are associated with different patterns of body mass index gain during infancy; Data from the New Delhi birth cohort. Diabetes Care. 2008 Oct 3.
R.Lakshmy, R.Gupta, C.C.Kartha, T.Malathi, P.K.Nigam, N.R.Akarte, U.Sampson, S.Borkotoky, D.N.Doiphode, U.Arora, D.Prabhakaran, K.Srinath Reddy (2008) A simple cost effective quality assurance model for measurement of lipids in a large epidemiological study The Natl. Med J of India 21:279-83.
Dorairaj Prabhakaran, Panniyammakal Jeemon,Shifalika Goenka, Ramakrishnan Lakshmy, K. R. Thankappan, Faruq Ahmed, Prashant P. Joshi, B. V. Murali Mohan, Ramanathan Meera, Mohas S. Das, Ramesh C. Ahuja, Ram Kirti Saran,Vivek Chaturvedi, K. Srinath Reddy, (2009) Impact of a Worksite Intervention Program on Cardiovascular Risk Factors: A Demonstration Project in an Indian Industrial Population Journal of American College of Cardiology 53:1718-28
Ramakrishnan Lakshmy and Ruby Gupta. Measurement of Glycated Hemoglobin A1c from Dried Blood by Turbidimetric Immunoassay J Diabetes Science Technology .2009, 3(5): 1203-1206
Kumar J, Garg G, Kumar A, Sundaramoorthy E, Sanapala KR, Ghosh S,Karthikeyan G, Ramakrishnan L; Indian Genome Variation Consortium, Sengupta S Single nucleotide polymorphisms in homocysteine metabolism pathway genes: association of CHDH A119C and MTHFR C677T with hyperhomocysteinemia..Circulation Cardiovasc Genet. 2009 Dec;2 (6):599-606.