Name: Dr. Sudhir Chandra Sarangi, MBBS, MD, DM (Clinical Pharmacology), MAMS
Designation: Associate Professor
Affiliation: Department of Pharmacology, AIIMS, New Delhi
Address: Room No-5009, 5th Floor,
Department of Pharmacology,
All India Institute of Medical Sciences,
Email Id: यह ईमेल पता spambots से संरक्षित किया जा रहा है. आप जावास्क्रिप्ट यह देखने के सक्षम होना चाहिए.
- D.M. (Clinical Pharmacology) in the year 2013, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
- M.D. (Pharmacology) in the year 2009, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- M.B.B.S (Hons) in the year 2005, MKCG Medical College, Berhampur
Research Interest/Areas: Clinical Pharmacology, Neuropharmacology, Pharmacovigilance, Drug Safety, Pharmacoeconomics, Computational Pharmacology
Fellowships/ Memberships/ Awards:
- Awarded membership by National Academy of Medical Sciences
- Obtained Certificate of Achievement for poster presentation at International Epilepsy Congress held in 2017 and 2019.
- Best Paper Award (2nd prize) in 20th Joint Annual Conference of Indian Epilepsy Society and Indian Epilepsy Association (ECON 2019)
Life Membership of societies:
- Indian Pharmacology society
- Indian Society of Rational Pharmacotherapeutics
- The Association of Physiologists & Pharmacologist of India
- Society of Toxicology, India
- Indian Epilepsy Society
- Indian Society of Nanomedicine
Authorship in scientific books: Authored 08 chapters in books
- Kumar S, Sarangi SC, Tripathi M, Ramanujam B, Gupta YK. Seizure-recurrence risk in persons with epilepsy undergoing antiepileptic drug tapering. Acta Neurologica Scandinavica. Accepted 2019
- Sarangi SC, Kaur N, Tripathi M. Assessment of psychiatric and behavioral adverse effects of antiepileptic drugs monotherapy: Could they have a neuroendocrine correlation in persons with epilepsy? Epilepsy Behav. 2019 Sep 28;100(Pt A):106439. [Epub ahead of print]
- Kakkar AK, Padhy BM, Sarangi SC, Gupta YK. Methodological Characteristics of Clinical Trials: Impact of Mandatory Trial Registration. J Pharm Pharm Sci. 2019;22(1):131-141.
- Sarangi SC, Kaur N, Tripathi M, Gupta YK. Cost analysis study of neurological drugs: Role of National List of Essential Medicines, India. Neurology India. 2018;66:1427-33.
- Singh H, Sarangi SC, Gupta YK. French Phase I Clinical trial Disaster: Issues, learning points and future steps. J Nat Sc Biol Med. 2018;9:106-10. (SJR 0.42)
- Goyal A, Singh H, Sehgal VK, Jayanthi CR, ... Sarangi SC, Gupta YK. Impact of regulatory spin of pioglitazone on prescription of antidiabetic drugs among physicians in India: A multicentre questionnaire-based observational study. Indian J Med Res. 2017 Oct;146(4):468-475.
- Sarangi SC, Joshi D, Kumar R, Kaleekal T, Gupta YK. Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic interaction of hydroalcoholic extract of Ocimum sanctum with valproate. Epilepsy Behav. 2017 Oct;75:203-209.
- Sarangi SC, Tripathi M, Kakkar AK, Gupta YK. Body composition comparison in persons with epilepsy on conventional and new antiepileptic drugs. Indian J Med Res. 2016 Mar;143(3):323-30.
- Sarangi S- C, Kakkar AK, Kumar R, Gupta YK. Effect of lamotrigine, levetiracetam and topiramate on neurobehavioral parameters and oxidative stress in comparison with valproate in rats. Indian J Med Res. 2016 Jul;144(1):104-111.
- Sarangi SC, Tripathi M, Kakkar AK, Gupta YK. Effect of antiepileptic therapy on trace elements status in Indian population in a tertiary care hospital from northern India: A cross sectional study. Epilepsy Res. 2014;108(5):917-27.