Name: Dr. Vijay Kumar
Education: MBBS, MS Ortho (AIIMS), MRCS(Glasgow), Diploma in Tissue Banking (NUH, Singapore), MAMS,FIMSA
Specialized Training/ Fellowship:
1. Commonwealth Academic Fellowship in Joint Replacement at Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre ,Oxford ,22nd April 2013 -12 Oct 2013
2. ICMR International fellowship for Young Biomedical Scientist 2012 availed at Department of Orthopaedics (Sports Medicine),Singapore General hospital ,Singapore.178 April 2012-18th Oct 2012
3. Fellowship in Traumatology and Orthopedics ,Katharine Hospital, Stuttgart ,Germany .04th May – 28th May 2009.
4. Indo-British Travelling Fellowship 2010,13-26th June 2010.UK
5. IAEA/NUS Training Course for Tissue Bank Operators, Managers, and Medical Doctors – 2006/2007 , Singapore
1. Joint Replacement (Primary and Revision)
2. Partial Knee replacement
3. Computer navigation Assisted Joint replacement
4. Sports Medicine
5. Knee Arthroscopy
6. Shoulder Arthroscopy
7. Ankle Arthroscopy
OPD –Tuesday,Thursday and Saturday:09:00-13:00 hrs
Sports Clinic-Thursday:14:00 hrs
Synopsis (150 words)
Dr Vijay Kumar joined AIIMS as a Faculty Member in 2005 after completing his training from AIIMS. He is Fellowship Trained in the field of Joint Replacement and Sports Medicine. He had the privilege of being trained in Partial Knee Replacement from Nuffield Department of Orthopaedics, Rheumatology and Musculoskeletal Sciences (NDORMS), Oxford, which is also the designer centre for Oxford Partial knee.
He has been trained in the field of Sports Medicine from Singapore General Hospital, Singapore and specializes in treatment of Knee and Shoulder injuries.
He has received training in Tissue Banking from National University Hospital, Singapore and is a key member of the Bone Bank at AIIMS.He is an investigator in numerous funded research projects and has been awarded an International Collaborative Research project with NDORMS, Oxford under the UK India Research and Education Initiative. He has many publications in indexed journals as well as chapters to his credit and has presented his scientific work in various international Orthopaedic conferences.