Dr B Dhawan
- Last Updated On :
Dr. Benu Dhawan
Department of Microbiology
E-mail: यह ईमेल पता spambots से संरक्षित किया जा रहा है. आप जावास्क्रिप्ट यह देखने के सक्षम होना चाहिए.
Dr. Benu Dhawan graduated in Medicine from Government Medical College, Patiala, in 1987. She obtained her MD (Microbiology) degree from the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh in 1993. She joined the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi in the year 1994. She is presently a Professor in the Bacteriology & Mycoplasma division of the Department of Microbiology.
1. Sexually Transmitted Infections with special reference to Genital Mycoplasmas and Chlamydia trachomatis
2. Diagnostic Microbiology with special reference to Prosthetic Joint Infections
3. Molecular epidemiology and antimicrobial resistance of nosocomial pathogens with special reference to Staphylococci and Enterococci.
Research Guidance (Chief Guide)
D.M. (Infectious Diseases: 1
Research papers published: 168
Cumulated citation index (CI): 3237 Cumulated Impact Factor (IF): 373.194
Chapter in Books : 1
International Awards and Honours
1 Congress Scholarship by the German foundation for International Development (DSE), 1998.
2 Nominated as “2002 Woman of the Year” by the American Biographical Institute
3 Awarded the “2003 Certificate of Membership to the American Association for the Advancement of Science ’’
4 Recipient of Honorable Mention to the ASM-UNESCO Train-the-Trainers Scholarship Program, 2008.
- Rao C, *Dhawan B, Vishnubhatla S, Kapil A, Das B, Sood S. Clinical and Molecular Epidemiology of Vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus faecium Bacteremia from an Indian Tertiary Hospital. Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis. 2021 Feb; 40(2):303-314.
- Dhawan B, Rawre J, Dhawan N, Bhatia R, Gupta V, Khanna N. High Prevalence of Mycoplasma genitalium in men who have sex with men: A cross-sectional study. Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol. 2020 Mar-Apr; 86(2):195-196.
- Rawre J, *Dhawan B, Khanna N, Sreenivas V, Broor S, Chaudhry R. Distribution of Chlamydia trachomatis omp A genotypes in patients attending a sexually transmitted disease outpatient clinic in New Delhi, India. Indian Journal of Medical Research. 2019 May 1; 149(5):662. IF: 1.503; CI:2
- Sebastian S, Malhotra R, Dhawan B, Sreenivas V, Kapil A, Chaudhry R. Sonication of antibiotic loaded cement spacers: A valuable technique for detection of infection persistence in two-stage revision for infected joint arthroplasty. Indian J Med Microbiol. 2019; 37:99-10.
- Sebastian S, Malhotra R, Sreenivas V, Kapil A, Chaudhry R, *Dhawan B. A clinico-microbiological study of prosthetic joint infections in an Indian tertiary care hospital: Role of Universal 16S rRNA gene polymerase chain reaction and sequencing in diagnosis. Indian J Orthop. 2019; 53:646-54.