Dr. AK Mukhopadhyay
1. The study of mitochondrial mutations, mitochondrial function and oxidative stress in Parkinson’s disease(Chief Investigator: Dr. AK Mukhopadhyay, DBT, 2011-14).
2. Assessment of risk factor associated with Alzheimer’s disease and Vascular dementia (Chief Investigator: Dr. AK Mukhopadhyay, ICMR, 2007-11)
3. Study of oxidative stress risk factors in Alzheimer’s disease and vascular dementia in Geriatric patients (Chief Investigator: Dr. AK Mukhopadhyay, ICMR, 2008-11)
4. Effect of Yoga on Serum Interleukin Levels in Adolescents with Depression. (Chief Investigator: Dr. AK Mukhopadhyay, CCRYN, 2008-11)
5. The role of neurotrophins, cytokines and genetic polymorphisms in clinical manifestation of depression in adolescents. (Chief Investigator: Dr. AK Mukhopadhyay, DBT 12-01-2010 to11-01-2013)
Dr. M. Irshad
1. Prevalence and significance of transfusion transmitted virus (TTV) and association of lipoprotein (a) with apoprotein A and B in various forms of liver diseases. Funded by ICMR.
2. Cloning, sequencing and expression of different genomic regions of transfusion transmitted virus (TTV) prevalent in Indian populations. Funded by ICMR.
3. Role of Hepatitis C virus (HCV) core protein in diagnosis and pathogenesis of HCV infection. Funded by ICMR.
Dr. Sarman Singh
1. Rapid and accurate diagnosis of tuberculosis using a novel set of primers directly from clinical sample. Funded by ICMR
2. Genotypic characterization of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in clinical isolates from Pulmonary tuberculosis by using spoligotying and IS 6110 RFLP analysis. Funded by UGC.
3. Proteomic analysis of M. tuberculosis during the stage of acquisition of resistance to Isoniazid and Rifampicin. Funded by DBT.
4. Transmission of Drug Resistant Hepatitis B Virus in Close Family Contacts of HBV-Related Chronic Liver Disease Patients. Funded by DST.
5. Detection of Hepatitis A, E, Salmonella , E.histolytica and Giardia lamblia from drinking water samples using novel multiplex PCR. Funded by DBT.
6. To study the molecular mechanism (s) of miltefosine induced drug resistance in Leishmania donovani. Funded by CSIR.
7. Inhibition of kinetoplast DNA replication using topoisomerase inhibitors. Dr. Sarman Singh. Funded by ICMR.
8. The role of TNFa, IFNγ and the success of anti-tubercular therapy in Immune Restoration Disease in HIV/MTB co-infected patients responding to ART. Funded by Australia-India Council.
9. Developing a Novel Multiplex PCR Assay for simultaneous detection and Differentiation of hepatitis A & E salmonella Spp. Entamoeba histolytica and giardia famblia directly from drinking water samples. Funded by DBT.
10. A Novel multiplex PCR Assay for simultaneous detection and differentiation of mycobacterium tuberculosis, M. avium complex and other Mycobaterium species directly from clinical samples of suspected tuberculosis cases. Funded by DBT, 2007-2010.
11. Isolation and purification of active compounds with anti-leishmanial activity of unani medicinal plants. Funded by Central Council for Research in Unani Medicine.
12. European Network for Global Collaboration on AIDS and Tuberculosis. Dr. Sarman Singh. Funded by European Commission and Bill & Milinda Gates Foundation (EU FP7).
Dr. Purva Mathur
1. Evaluation of peripheral blood Polymerase chain reaction for diagnosis and prognosis of visceral leishmaniasis: Institute Research Grant.