Dr. Sumit Malhotra
Room No. 33, Old OT Block,
Centre for Community Medicine, AIIMS, New Delhi
Phone No: 011-26594125
Research Gate Link: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Sumit_Malhotra2
MBBS, Bangalore Medical College, Bangalore
MD (Community Medicine), AIIMS, New Delhi
DNB (Social and Preventive Medicine)
MSc (Clinical Trials), London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Gold Medal and “Certificate of Excellence” for securing highest marks in Microbiology in MBBS, Bangalore Medical College.
- Dr. Vijay Narain Award for best paper presented by young scientist at 34th Annual National Conference of IAPSM, organized by AIIMS, New Delhi from 22nd-24th February, 2007.
- Appreciation Certificate from Maulana Azad Medical College during Senior Residency for commendable service to the department and community.
- Received Ford Foundation Epidemiological Grant for carrying out Research work during Senior Residency at Maulana Azad Medical College.
- Recipient of Operational Research Grant by International Union against TB and Lung Diseases.
- Awarded Full Scholarship to present papers at 10th World Conference on Injury Prevention and Safety Promotion held at London, 21st-24th September 2010.
- Recipient of travel grant to present papers at World Ophthalmology Congress 2014 held at Tokyo, from 2nd -6th April 2014.
- Received Kalu Ram Memorial Award as best young scientist for research work in Trachoma during 42nd Annual National Conference of IAPSM, Lucknow; 26-28 January 2015.
- Received Saroj Jha Award for best paper in category of Gender and Health during 43rd Annual National Conference of Indian Association of Preventive and Social Medicine (IAPSM), Gandhinagar at GMERS Medical College, 7-9 January 2016.
- Participated as PH-LEADER (Public Health Leadership and Implementation Academy) Course organized by Emory University, Atlanta, USA funded by National Institutes of Health during 2016.
- Received AIIMS Excellence Research Commendation Award for research work on neural tube defects at Ballabgarh- 2017
- Invited speaker at World Ophthalmology Congress, 2018, Barcelona, Spain
He served at Comprehensive Rural Health Services Project, Ballabgarh from 2014 to 2019. He has authored a book on Primary Health Care- Indian Scenario with support of World Health Organization- Country Office India and has several publications in National and International indexed peer reviewed journals. He has led health systems based projects evaluating performance of national health initiatives at district and block levels. He is also the nodal person for Innovation and Learning Centre and strengthening implementation of comprehensive primary health care in aspirational district Mewat of Haryana. With keen interest in teaching and training, has conducted and organized several trainings on research methods and monitoring and evaluation. He is currently the nodal person for organizing trainings and workshops on Operational Research as part of Department of Health Research Scheme for Human Resource Development. He has also designed along with team of personnel from World Health Organization, a course on programme management for district and block based programme managers involved in implementation of national health programmes. He is also currently part of AIIMS technical support unit on cause of death ascertainment through verbal autopsy systems and Anaemia Mukht Bharat at Centre for Community Medicine. He has contributed to several national public health programmes. As a faculty, he currently guides MD, PhD and MSc nursing students in public health, epidemiology and operational research projects.
Research and work area interests:
Operational and health systems research, community based interventional trials, adolescent and school health, chronic care including mental health, primary health care, sexual and reproductive health, neonatal health, health literacy.