Professor & Medical Superintendent
Prof. (Dr.) Shakti Kumar Gupta
MBBS, MHA (AIIMS), FNAMS, FIMSA, FIHE, FAHA, MACHE (USA).
Medical Superintendent, Dr.R.P.Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences & Former HoD, Department of Hospital Administration,
All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
Ph: +91-1126588190 (O); Mob. +91-9818837782 (P)
- MBBS (Jammu Medical College) & Masters in Hospital Administration (AIIMS, New Delhi).
- WHO Fellowship from USA.
- Management Development Programme from National University of Singapore.
- Member, Institute Body AIIMS, Jammu.
- Member Planning & Monitoring Board of JSS Academy of Higher Education & Research, Mysuru.
- Member of Expert Group for establishing six AIIMS like Institutions in the country.
- Member of the National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers (NABH).
- Member of Expert Group Ministry of External Affairs for establishment of two hospitals in Bhutan and Emergency & Trauma Centre in Nepal.
- Member of Expert Committee of National Human Rights Commission.
- Member Task Force on Health Sector Reforms for J&K under the Chief Minister.
- Former Member Advisory Board of Centre for Health Systems Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Oklahoma State University, USA.
- Chairman of the Expert committee for Formulation of National Ambulance Code.
- Consultant for UNOPS Asia Office to study Procurement & Supply Management System.
- Programme Director “Healthcare Executive Management Development Programme” in collaboration with WHO, “National Initiative for Patient Safety” and “Best Procurement Practices for Hospitals”.
- Former Editor Journal of Academy of Hospital Administration.
- Former Editor-in-Chief International Journal of Research Foundation of Hospital & Healthcare Administration (RFHHA) published by RAFHHA from New Delhi.
- Founder President of Research Foundation of Hospital and Healthcare Administration (RFHHA).
- Founder President of the EMS Leaders.
- Former President of the Academy of Hospital Administration.
- Consultant to Government of Goa to form a road map for best utilization of existing infrastructure.
- Consultant to the Govt. of Maharashtra for establishing EMS System.
- Consultant to the Govt. of Tripura for improvement in healthcare provisioning.
AWARDS & HONOURS
- Ø Capital Foundation National Award-2018
- Ø Times Healthcare Achievers Award-2018
- Ø The State Award for meritorious public service on the eve of Republic Day by Jammu & Kashmir Government -2014
- Ø International Partner of the Year Award by Institute of Rescue Engineering and Civil Protection, Cologne, University of Applied Science Germany. First Indian to be awarded with this prestigious award of International significance- 2012.
- Ø CHIKITSA RATAN –2010
- Ø SHRAM SREE-2010
- Ø PRATIBHASHI SAMMAN–2002
Dr. Shakti Gupta is presently a senior professor of Hospital Administration and has more than 27 years of teaching & research experience to his credit in the specialty of Hospital Administration. He joined the specialty in 20-09-1993 and worked as Assistant Professor from 20-09-1993 to 30-06-1998, Associate Professor from 01-07-1998 to 19-02-2000, Additional Professor from 20-02-2000 to 20-09-2005, Professor from 20-09-2005 to till date, Professor & Head Department of Hospital Administration, AIIMS from 28-02-2007 to 20-03-2014.
In addition to the responsibility of teaching and research, he is serving as Medical Superintendent, Dr. R. P. Centre, AIIMS since the year, 2005. He has also served as MS, Cardiothoracic & Neurosciences Centre, AIIMS, MS JPNATC, AIIMS & MS Outreach, OPD-Jhajjar, AIIMS. He was the spokesperson, AIIMS and Faculty in-charge Media centre, AIIMS for 08 years.
Dr. Shakti Gupta had the opportunity of following trainings abroad:
- WHO fellowship to USA for 03 months on Accident and Emergency services including Healthcare Financing & Reform, Western Consortium of Public Health. International Health Programmes, Santa Cruz, USA, from 10th -28th of March- 97 and Disaster Management from 30th March to 6th June, during the year, 1997.
- Hospital Management Programme for Chief Executives of Asia Pacific” from National University of Singapore from 06th to 10th of September during the year 1999.
- East-West Telemedicine organized by East-West Telehealth Inc., Department of Business Economic Development & Tourism, State of Huwaii, USA, from 15th to 18th of September during the year 1998 & presented a paper on “Scope of Telemedicine in India”.
ACADEMICS & RESEARCH
- Published 110 research papers in reputed National and International Journals, guided more than 136 research studies.
- Standardized Curriculum for PG courses in Hospital Administration in the country.
- Mentored more than 50 Postgraduate & PhD students.
- Introduced Integrated Learning Modules in Hospital Administration.
- Leader of delegation, Ministry of External Affairs, to conduct workshop for developing the course curriculum of MBBS students for Bhutan Institute of Medical Sciences, Thimpu, Bhutan. The syllabus has been prepared by experts from AIIMS.
- Modern Trends in Planning and Designing of Hospitals
- Hospital Stores Management
- Emergency Medical Services and Disaster Management
- Emergency Medical Services –Global Prospective
- Hospital Infection Control Guidelines
- Disease outbreak Management
- MCQs in Hospital and Healthcare Management.
- Hospital and Healthcare Administration. Appraisal and Referral Treatise.
- Disinfection and Sterilization Practices in Indian Operation Theatres
BOOKS UNDER PUBLICATION
- Planning and Designing of Specialty Healthcare Facilities authored by Shakti Kumar Gupta, Sunil Kant and R. Chandrasekhar published by M/s. Jay Pee Brothers Medical Publishers.
- Disinfection and Sterilization Practices in Healthcare Institution authored by Shakti Kumar Gupta, Sunil Kant, P Kumar and Kanika Jain published by M/s. JayPee Bros. Medical Publishers.
- Nursing Administration- Principles and Practices authored by Shakti Gupta and Sunil Kant.
MEMBER EXPERT COMMITTEES
Worked as expert member in more than 100 National and International committees
CONFERENCES, CME’s, SEMINARS & WORKSHOPS
- Organized more than 30 Academic events viz. Conferences, CMEs, Seminars & Workshops.
- Attended more that 150 National and International Conferences, Seminars, CME, Workshops and delivered several Lectures on various aspects of Hospital Administration.