Notable Awards and Honors
- Mary J. Matthews Pathology/ Translational Research Award, International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC), Sep 2021
- DST SERB Women POWER fellowship March 2021
- Member International Collaboration on Cancer Reporting (ICCR) Thymic Epithelial Tumours dataset authoring committee
- Editorial board member, upcoming IAC-IARC International System for Reporting Lung Cytopathology First edition
- Editorial board member 2021 World Health Organization classification of thoracic tumors 5th edition
- IASLC International Mentorship Award at 17th world conference on lung cancer Vienna, Austria, 2016
- Fellow International Academy of Cytology (FIAC)
- “Young Researcher Award” Lady Tata Memorial Trust 2015
- Member, National Academy Sciences of India (NASI)
- Talented Young Pathologist Award, IAPM, Delhi chapter, April 2008
- Member National Academy of Medical Sciences (MNAMS)
- Prof R Nath Gold Medal Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, Chandigarh, 2002
- Pfizer “Medallion in Medicine and scroll of honour” award for First in Final Professional MBBS, Gwalior, 1998
Top Research publications
- Jain D, Guleria P, Singh V, Parshad R, Kumar S, Gaiser T, Kurz KS, Ott G, Porubsky S, Preissler G, Sauer CG, Schölch S, Ströbel P, Hielscher T, Marx A, Popovic ZV. GTF2I Mutation in Thymomas: Independence From Racial-Ethnic Backgrounds. An Indian/German Comparative Study. Pathol Oncol Res. 2021 Aug 23;27:1609858.
- Satapathy S, Singh V, Nambirajan A, Malik PS, Tanwar P, Mehta A, Suryavanshi M, Thulkar S, Mohan A, Jain D. EGFR mutation testing on plasma and urine samples: A pilot study evaluating the value of liquid biopsy in lung cancer diagnosis and management. Curr Probl Cancer. 2021 Mar 3:100722.
- Dutta R, Nambirajan A, Mittal S, Roy-Chowdhury S, Jain D. Cytomorphology of primary pulmonary NUT carcinoma in different cytology preparations. Cancer Cytopathol. 2021 Jan;129(1):53-61.
- Nambirajan A, Singh V, Bhardwaj N, Mittal S, Kumar S, Jain D. SMARCA4/BRG1-Deficient Non-Small Cell Lung Carcinomas: A Case Series and Review of the Literature. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2021 Jan 1;145(1):90-98.
- Singh V, Nambirajan A, Malik PS, Kaur K, Mohan A, Jain D. EGFR mutation testing in cytology smears of advanced non-small cell lung carcinomas: practical applications in low resource laboratories. Cytopathology. 2020 Nov 19. doi: 10.1111/cyt.12941
- Singh V, Nambirajan A, Malik PS, Thulkar S, Pandey RM, Luthra K, Arava S, Ray R, Mohan A, Jain D. Spectrum of uncommon and compound epidermal growth factor receptor mutations in non-small-cell lung carcinomas with treatment response and outcome analysis: A study from India. Lung Cancer. 2020 Sep 13;149:53-60.
- Guleria P, Kumar S, Malik PS, Jain D. PD-L1 Expression in Small Cell and Large Cell Neuroendocrine Carcinomas of Lung: an Immunohistochemical Study with Review of Literature . Pathol Oncol Res. 2020 Oct;26(4):2363-2370
- Antony VM, Kakkar A, Sikka K, Thakar A, Deo S, Bishop JA, Jain D. p16 immunoexpression in sinonasal and nasopharyngeal adenoid cystic carcinomas: A potential pitfall in ruling out HPV-related multiphenotypic sinonasal carcinoma. Histopathology. 2020 Dec;77(6):989-9
- Kakkar A, Antony VM, Pramanik R, Sakthivel P, Singh CA, Jain D. SMARCB1 (INI1) -deficient sinonasal carcinoma: a series of thirteen cases with assessment of histological patterns. Hum Pathol. 2019 Jan;83:59-67.
- Nakra T, Nambirajan A, Guleria P, Phulware RH, Jain D. Insulinoma-associated protein 1 is a robust nuclear immunostain for the diagnosis of small cell lung carcinoma in cytology smears. Cancer Cytopathol. 2019 Aug;127(8):539-548