The Faculty members have carried out several research projects funded by national and internationally recognized agencies like Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Ministry of Finance, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), Department of Science and Technology (DST), WHO (India), WHO (Geneva), and United Nations Office of Drugs and Crime (UNODC). Some of the research projects have resulted in Publications by the centre.
Some of the important research and public health projects are listed below.
Some Ongoing Projects
- National Survey on Extent and Pattern of Substance Abuse (AtulAmbekar, RK Chadda, SK Khandewal, Ravindra Rao, Alok Agrawal, Ashwani Mishra), Funded byMinistry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India
- Online training modules for medical professionals and counselors(Anju Dhawan, Yatan Pal Singh Balhara) funded by Drug De-Addiction Programme (DDAP), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India
- A cross-sectional study evaluating the socio-demographic and psychosocial profile and motivations for use for individuals with prescription opioid abuse (Yatan Pal Singh Balhara, PrabhuDayal). Funded by Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR).
- A comparative study of status of reproductive and sexual health and prevalence of sexual dysfunction among young individuals with mental and substance use disorder related disability (Yatan Pal Singh Balhara, Gauri ShankerKaloiya). Funded by Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR).
- Cognitive Behavioural based Intervention in Group Setting for Tobacco Cessation in tertiary de-addiction centre in Northern India (Gauri ShankerKaloiya), Funded by Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR).
- Effect of nalbuphine on opiate withdrawal in rats: Behavioural, Biochemical and Molecular study, (Raka Jain, T.S. Roy,AnjuDhawan), Project funded by Indian Council of Medical Research funded, (2012-Ongoing).
- Nodal Regional Technical Training Centre (Nodal RTTC): Training of doctors and nurses working with IDU – Targeted Interventions (TIs) in North India, in collaboration with National AIDS Control Organisation (NACO) and the Project Management Unit (PMU) of Emmanuel Hospital Association (EHA). A part of the Global Fund for AIDS TB and Malaria (GFATM), Round 9 HIV-IDU grant “Hifazat” (AtulAmbekar, Ravindra Rao, Alok Agrawal)
- · A workplace intervention to address Alcohol and Drug use at India Oil Corporation Ltd, AOD, Digboi, Assam (Rakesh Lal, AtulAmbekar)
- Post Marketing Surveillance of Methadone in India (AtulAmbekar,R. Jain, A. Dhawan, A. Chopra, H. Sethi), Funded byRusan Pharmaceuticals.
- A comparative study of prevalence of metabolic syndrome among patients with Opioid and Alcohol Dependence Syndrome (Yatan Pal Singh Balhara, Raka Jain), Funded by AIIMS, New Delhi.
- Translation, Validation of AUDIT and Brief Intervention Module for Alcohol and Substance Use Disorders (Yatan Pal Singh Balhara), Funded by World Health Organization (WHO)- SEARO
- National capacity building of medical professionals on treatment of substance use disorders. In collaboration with NFCDA, Ministry of Finance, Government of India (Anju Dhawan; Yatan Pal Singh Balhara)
- Methadone Maintenance Treatment in India: A multi-site feasibility and effectiveness study. In collaboration with UNODC ROSA, (Anju Dhawan, Rajat Ray, AtulAmbekar, Raka Jain, Ravindra Rao, Deepak Yadav, Anita Chopra)