DR. AMITA SRIVASTAVA
Department of Pharmacology,
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi
Mobile No. 9868457844
M.Sc. & Ph.D.
Research Interest/ area
Toxicology & Poisoning, Metal Toxicology, Neuro- pharmacology
- Awarded first prize in oral presentation entitled Determination of Metals by Inductively Coupled Plasma Atomic Emission Spectroscopy (ICP-AES)” in Forensic Toxicology, Pharmacology & Miscellaneous session in Indian Association of Medico legal Experts in the 9th International Conference on Legal Medicine Medical Negligence and Litigation in Medical practice & 9th International Conference on current Trends in Forensic Sciences, Forensic Medical & Toxicology on 26th -28th October IAMLE2018 at Pune.
- Received IAMLE fellowship in 10th International conference on Indian Association of Medico legal experts (IAMLE) & Medico-Legal Conference, in recognition of outstanding contribution and service, in the field of Forensic Chemistry & Toxicology on 12th September 2019 at Nepal, Kathmandu.
Chapter in Manual and Books
- Kumar G, Srivastava A, Singh V. Estimation of metals by Inductively Coupled Plasma- Atomic Emission Spectrophotometer (ICP-AES). Research methodologies in Basic & clinical Pharmacology 2008: 28-36.
- Srivastava A, Kumar G, Shastri K. Estimation of heavy metals by atomic absorption spectrophotometer. Research methodologies in Basic clinical Pharmacology 2008: 1-10.
- Gupta SK, Srivastava A, Kaleekal T and Peshin SS. Management of Commonly Encountered Drug Poisonings, Pharmacological Perspectives of Toxic Chemicals and their Antidotes. Narosa Publishing Copyright New Delhi © 2004: 395-410.
- Srivastava A. Mushroom and Food Poisoning, Emergency Toxicology, Management of Common Poisons. Narosa Publishing House, New Delhi. 2002: 137-142.
- Srivastava A. Household products, Emergency Toxicology, Management of Common Poisons. Narosa Publishing House, New Delhi. 2002: 78-99.
- Srivastava A. Herbicides and Fungicides, Emergency Toxicology, Management of Common Poisons. Narosa Publishing House, New Delhi. 2002:52-69.
- Srivastava A. & Lall SB. Ticks & Mites, Management of common Indian Snakes & Insect bites- Copyright (C) 1997.
- Jain M, kalsi AK, Srivastava A, Gupta YK. High serum estradiol and heavy metals responsible for human spermination defect- A pilot study. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2016; 10(12): RC09-RC13.
- Naz F, Koul V, Srivastava A, Gupta YK, Dinda AK. Biokinetics of ultrafine gold nanoparticles (AuNPs) relating to redistribution and urinary excretion: a long-term in vivo study. J Drug Target. 2016; 24(8): 720-29.
- Kumar G, Srivastava A, Sharma SK, Gupta YK. Efficacy and safety evaluation of Ayurvedic treatment (Ashwagandha powder and Sidh Makardhwaj) in rheumatoid arthritis patients: a pilot prospective cohort clinical study. Indian J Med Res. 2015; 141: 100-6.
- Peshin SS, Srivastava A, Gupta YK. Poisoning in children: a helpline experience. J Clin Toxicol2014; 4: 51.
- Srivastava A, Peshin SS, Gupta YK. Snake bite poisoning: poisoning: A twelve year retrospective analysis of the poisoning calls reported to the National Poisons Information Centre at AIIMS. J Clin Toxicol. 2014; 4: 105.
- Peshin SS, Srivastava A, Halder N, Gupta YK. Pesticide poisoning trend analysis of 13 years: A retrospective study based on telephone calls at the National Poisons Information Centre, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. Journal of Forensic and Legal Medicine. 2014;22: 57-61.
- Kumar G, Srivastava A, Sharma SK, Gupta YK. Safety evaluation of mercury based Ayurvedic formulation (Sidh Makardhwaj) on brain cerebrum, liver & kidney in rats. Indian J Med Res. 2014; 139 (4): 610-8.
- Kumar G, Srivastava A, Sharma SK, Gupta YK. The hypolipidemic activity of Ayurvedic medicine, Arogyavardhani vati in Triton WR-1339-induced hyperlipidemic rats: A comparison with Fenofibrate. Journal of Ayurvedic & Integrated Medicine. 2013; 4: 165-70.
- Kumar G, Srivastava A, Sharma SK, Gupta YK. Safety and efficacy evaluation of Ayurvedic treatment (Arjuna powder and Arogyvardhanivati) in dyslipidaemia patient: a pilot prospective cohort clinical study. Ayu. 2012; 33(2): 197-201.
- Kumar G, Srivastava A, Sharma SK, Gupta YK. Safety evaluation of an ayurvedic medicine, Arogyvardhinivati on brain, liver and kindey in rats. Ethnopharmacol. 2012;140: 151-60.
- Srivastava A, Peshin SS, Kaleekal T. An epidemiological study of poisoning cases reported to the National Poisons Information Centre, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. Human & Experimental Toxicology. 2005; 24: 279-85.