1. Magan Dipti, Yadav RK, Deepak KK. Comparative Analysis of Depth of Meditation Between Long-Term and Short Term Meditators using Electroencephalography. IJCEP 2018;5(4):178-183. http://www.ijcep.org/index.php/ijcep/article/view/336/299
2. Deepak KK. Meditation induces physical relaxation and enhances cognition: A perplexing paradox. Prog Brain Res. 2019;244:85-99. doi: 10.1016/bs.pbr.2018.10.030. Epub 2019 Jan 3. PubMed PMID: 30732847. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0079612318301699?via%3Dihub
3. Christa E, Srivastava P, Chandran DS, Jaryal AK, Yadav RK, Roy A, Deepak KK. Effect of Yoga-Based Cardiac Rehabilitation on Heart Rate Variability: Randomized Controlled Trial in Patients Post-MI. Int J Yoga Therap. 2019 Jan 31. doi: 10.17761/2019-00019. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 30702948. https://iaytjournals.org/doi/abs/10.17761/2019-00019
4. Bade G, Chandran DS, Kumar Jaryal A, Talwar A, Deepak KK. Contribution of systemic vascular reactivity to variability in pulse volume amplitude response during reactive hyperemia. Eur J Appl Physiol. 2019 Mar;119(3):753-760. doi:10.1007/s00421-018-04066-6. Epub 2019 Jan 14. PubMed PMID: 30637458. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00421-018-04066-6
5. Garg P, Jaryal AK, Kachhawa G, Deepak KK, Kriplani A. Estimation of asymmetric dimethylarginine (ADMA), placental growth factor (PLGF) and pentraxin 3 (PTX 3)in women with preeclampsia. Pregnancy Hypertens. 2018 ;14:245-251. doi:10.1016/j.preghy.2018.03.005. Epub 2018 Mar 10. PubMed PMID: 29548740. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2210778917304920
6. Muthukrishnan SP, Patel S K, Dubey M, Patil A, Deepak KK. An innovative method to demonstrate nerve – muscle Physiology experiments using finger muscle twitch recording in a human subject. Indian J Physiol Pharmacol 2019; 63(1):86-93. http://www.ijpp.com/IJPP%20archives/2019_63_1/86-93.pdf
7. Deepak KK. Reinforcing skills in Physiology and Pharmacology. Indian J Physiol Pharmacol 2019; 63(1):1. http://www.ijpp.com/IJPP%20archives/2019_63_1/1.pdf
8. Chitturi V, Roy A, Singh A, Deepak KK. Practical to demonstrate electromyographic changes associated with phenomena of fatigue due to isometric exercise. Indian J Physiol Pharmacol 2019; 63(1):94-98. http://www.ijpp.com/IJPP%20archives/2019_63_1/94-98.pdf
9. Kumar VM, Mallick HN, Shrivastava D. Sleep Vigilance 2018; Vol 2: 101. https://doi.org/10.1007/s41782-018-0054-9.
10. Bhat MA, Sharma JB, Roy KK, Sengupta J, Ghosh D. Genomic evidence of Y chromosome microchimerism in the endometrium during endometriosis and in cases of infertility. Reprod. Biol. Endocrinol 2019; 17 (22): 1-10
11. Srivastava A, Goyal V, Sood SK, Sharma R. Reduced saccadic velocity and pupillary width in young onset Parkinson’s disease Neurology. Psychiatry and Brain Research 2018; 27: 17-20.
12. Soni S, Muthukrishnan SP, Sood M, Kaur S, Sharma R. Hyperactivation of left inferior parietal lobule and left temporal gyri shortens resting EEG microstate in schizophrenia. Schizophr Res. 2018;201:204-207. doi: 10.1016/j.schres.2018.06.020.
13. Soni S, Muthukrishnan SP, Sood M, Kaur S, Mehta N, Sharma R. A novel method for assessing patients with Schizophrenia and their first-degree relatives by increasing cognitive load of visuo-spatial working memory. Asia-Pacific Psychiatry 2018;10: e12333.https://doi.org/10.1111/appy.12333
14. Batabyal T, Muthukrishnan SP, Sharma R, Tayade P, Kaur S. Neural substrates of emotional interference: A quantitative EEG study. Neurosci Lett. 2018 Oct 15;685:1-6. Doi: 10.1016/j.neulet.2018.07.019
15. Pal A, Pegwal N, Kaur S, Mehta N, Bihari M, Sharma R. Deficit in specific cognitive domains associated with dementia in Parkinson’s disease. Journal of Clinical Neuroscience. 2018;57:116-120. Doi: 10.1016/j.jocn.2018.08.016
16. Pegwal N, Pal A, Bihari M, Sharma R. "Deactivation of default-mode network and early suppression of decision making areas during retrieval period by high arousing emotions improves performance in Verbal working memory task. Cognitive, Affective and BehavioralNeuroscience.2019April;19(2):231-238.https://doi.org/10.3758/s13415-018-00661-4.
17. Leon C, Sharma R, Kaur S. Attention-deficit/hyperactive disorder: missing the bull’s eye. Evid Based Mental Health 2019;22:e1. Doi:10.1136/ ebmental-2018-300079.
18. Srivastava S, Kaur S, Sharma R. “Artificial synthesis of platelets: Recent perspectives". Everyman’s Science. July 2017; II:2.
19. Rastogi S, Sharma R, Kaur S. Cognition studies for cancer survivors in India-Is it the right time or should we cross the bridge only when we will come to it? Indian J Med and Pediatric Oncol. 2018; 39: 269-271.
20. Sharma HB, Jeevitha P, Bade G, and Kaur S: Effect of load on in-situ rat skeletal muscle preparation under Free Loaded and After Loaded Condition: Indian Journal PhysiolPharmacol, 2019; 63(1). 73-78.
21. Pal A, Pegwal N, Bihari M, Sharma R.`Is Dementia in Parkinson' disease related to chronic stress, anxiety and Depression?` Annals of Indian Academy of Neurology. manuscript ID AIAN_341_18. Article Accepted.
22. Pal A, Kumar S, Jain S, Nag T C Mathur R. Neuroregenerative effects of electromagnetic field and magnetic nanoparticles on spinal cord injury in rats. J Nanosci Nanotech, 2018; 18: 1-9.
23. Kumar S, Jain S, Mohanty S, Velpandian T, Mathur R. Bone marrow stromal cells improve the formalin tonic pain and feeding behavior in the complete thoracic spinal cord injury in rats. J Stem Cells, 2019; 13(4): 157-166.
24. Das N, Roy A, Jaryal AK, Lakshmanan G, Dhandapani M. A comparative study to assess the Ankle Brachial Index by palpatory and Doppler method. Journal of Nursing Science & Practice 8 (3), 10-14. http://medicaljournals.stmjournals.in/index.php/JoNSP/article/view/458 25. Ahuja K, Garg B, Chowdhuri B, Yadav RK, Chaturvedi PK. A Comparative Analysis of the Metabolic and Coagulative Profiles in Patients with Idiopathic Scoliosis, Congenital Scoliosis and Healthy Controls: A Case-Control Study. Asian Spine J. 2018 ;12(6):1028-1036.
26. Sankalp, Dada T, Yadav RK, Faiq MA. Effect of Yoga-based ocular exercises in lowering of intraocular pressure in glaucoma patients: An affirmative proposition. Int J Yoga 2018;11: 239-41.
27. Gagrani M, Faiq MA, Sidhu T, Dada R, Yadav RK, Sihota R, Kochhar KP, Verma R, Dada T. Meditation enhances brain oxygenation, upregulates BDNF and improves quality of life in patients with primary open angle glaucoma: A randomized controlled trial. RestorNeurolNeurosci. 2018;36(6):741-753 28. Dada T, Mittal D, Mohanty K, Faiq MA, Bhat MA, Yadav RK. Mindfulness Meditation Reduces Intraocular Pressure, Lowers Stress Biomarkers and Modulates Gene Expression in Glaucoma: A Randomized Controlled Trial. J Glaucoma. 2018 Dec;27(12):1061-1067.
29. Mattoo B, Tanwar S, Bhatia R, Tripathi M, Bhatia R. Chronic tension-type headache: muscle overactivity versus deficient pain controls. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research, 2018;11(8):143-146.
30. Tanwar S, Mattoo B, Kumar U, Gupta N, Bhatia R. Is fibromyalgia a syndrome of hormonal imbalance? Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research 2018; 11(7):416-420.
31. Sinha A, Bhatia R. Physiological basis and mechanism of headache: A mini review. Journal of Medical Science and Clinical Research, 2018; 7(3):408-413.
32. Khandelwal A, Lamsal R, Girija P Rath, Netam RK, Bir M. Motor-evoked potential monitoring: A valuable tool for the diagnosis of position-related neurologic deficits. Saudi J Anaesth. 2019; 13(1): 88–89.
33. Khandelwal A, Singh GP, Singh A, Singh S, Prasad C. Intraoperative Generalized Tonic-Clonic Seizure and Consequent Severe Brain Bulge During Functional Motor Cortex Mapping: A Case Report. 2019;12(3):66-68. PubMed PMID: 30095447
34. Das A, Chakraborty A, Srivastav S, Kaur S, Jain S, Bade G. Study of Neuromuscular Transmission Under (i) Phenomenon of Fatigue, (ii) Site of Fatigue, (iii) Neuromuscular Blocking in an in-situ Rat Nerve Muscle Preparation: A Novel Approach to Nerve Muscle Physiology Experiment Teaching. IJPP 2019; 63: 79-85.
35. Muthukrishnan SP, Patel SK, Dubey M, Patil A and Deepak K K. Human Finger Muscle Twitch Recording: An Innovative Method to Demonstrate Nerve – Muscle Physiology Experiments Using Finger Muscle Twitch Recording in a Human Subject. Indian J Physiol Pharmacol 2019; 63(1)
36. Kumar D, Patil P. Best Practices: Informed Consent in Obstetrical Procedures, AOGD bulletin 2018;18(5):7-9
37. Chakraborty A, Arvind A, Srivastav S, Bade G, Kaur S and Jain S. Demonstration of Nerve Muscle Preparation in Rats: For Nerve-Muscle Physiology Teaching. Indian J Physiol Pharmacol 2019; 63(1): 66-72.
Prof. B.K. Anand (1917-2007)
After completing his pioneering research in the USA on the role of Hypothalamus in the feeding behavior of rat in 1952, he came back to India to establish and lead the Department of Physiology from 1956 till 1974. He was awarded Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize for Science and Technology in 1963 and Padma Shri in 1969 for his meritorious contributions.
Prof. Baldev Singh (1904-1998)
He is often referred to as the ‘Grand-father Neuron’ by the scientific community. He joined as Emeritus Professor of Physiology in AIIMS. He was interested in research on lateral hypothalamus, highaltitude, yoga, sleep, consciousness and hyperpyrexia.Under his leadership, the department became an international center of neurophysiological research.
Professor GS Chhina (1926–2011)
He joined department of Physiology at AIIMS and worked with Dr BK Anand and Dr Baldev Singh on food intake, reproduction and yoga. Even after retirement in 1986, he continued working as Emeritus Professor and contributed to the field of Physiology.
Surender Kumar Manchanda (1931-1998)
He joined the Department of Physiology as a Demonstrator under Prof. B.K.Anand in 1957.He took over as the Head and Professor of Physiology 1974 and led the Department till November 1991. He made major scientific contributions in the field of Neurosciences and Reproduction.
1. Goyal M, Goel A, Singh R, Chowdhury N, Verma N, Tiwari S, Deepak KK. Circadian rhythm of airways caliber and its autonomic modulation.
Chronobiol Int. 2020; 1-11.
2. Garg P, Yadav K, Jaryal AK, Kachhawa G, Kriplani A, Deepak KK. Sequential analysis of heart rate variability, blood pressure variability and baroreflex sensitivity in healthy pregnancy. Clin Auton Res. 2020. doi: 10.1007/s10286-020-00667-4.
3. Parihar AS, Tembhre MK, Sharma VK, Gupta S, Chattopadhyay P, Deepak KK. Effect of narrowband ultraviolet B treatment on microRNA expression in active non-segmental generalized vitiligo. Br J Dermatol. 2020. doi: 10.1111/bjd.18890.
4. Chauhan V, Galwankar S, Deepak KK, Mohan A, Guleria R, Bhoi S, et al. The 2019 WACEM and Academic College of Emergency Experts India position paper on developing the academic department of space medicine in India - The time has come! J Emerg Trauma Shock. 2019; 12:229-31.
5. Sharma R, Deepak KK, Gaur P, Joshi D. An optimal interval type-2 fuzzy logic control based closed-loop drug administration to regulate the mean arterial blood pressure. Comput Methods Programs Biomed. 2020; 185:105167.
6. Garg P, Jaryal AK, Kachhawa G, Kriplani A, Deepak KK. Sequential profile of endothelial functions and arterial stiffness in preeclampsia during the course of pregnancy. Pregnancy Hypertens. 2019; 18:88-95.
7. Tamuli D, Kaur M, Boligarla A, Jaryal AK, Srivastava AK, Deepak KK. Depressed baroreflex sensitivity from spontaneous oscillations of heart rate and blood pressure in SCA1 and SCA2. Acta Neurol Scand. 2019; 140:350-8.
8. Gupta S, Mukherjee A, Lodha R, Kabra M, Deepak KK, Khadgawat R, et al. Effects of exercise intervention program on bone mineral accretion in children and adolescents with cystic fibrosis: A randomized controlled trial. Indian J Pediatr. 2019; 86:987-94.
9. Srivastava P, Badhwar S, Chandran DS, Jaryal AK, Jyotsna VP, Deepak KK. Imbalance between Angiotensin II - Angiotensin (1-7) system is associated with vascular endothelial dysfunction and inflammation in type 2 diabetes with newly diagnosed hypertension. Diabetes Metab Syndr. 2019;
10. Christa E, Srivastava P, Chandran DS, Jaryal AK, Yadav RK, Roy A, et al. Effect of yoga-based cardiac rehabilitation on heart rate variability: Randomized controlled trial in patients post-MI. Int J Yoga Therap. 2019; 29:43-50.
11. Mary MCH, Singh D, Deepak KK. Assessment of interaction between cardio-respiratory signals using directed coherence on healthy subjects during postural change. IRBM 2019; 40:167-73.
12. Singh N, Saini M, Kumar N, Deepak KK, Anand S, Srivastava MV, et al. Time-frequency analysis of motor-evoked potential in patients with stroke vs healthy subjects: a transcranial magnetic stimulation study. SN Compr Clin Med. 2019; 1:764-80.
13. Mary, MCH, Singh D, Deepak KK. Detecting changes in cardiovascular interaction during postural stress using directed coherence. SIViP 2019;
14. Kumar M, Singh D, Deepak KK. Identifying heart-brain interactions during internally and externally operative attention using conditional entropy.
Biomed Signal Process Control. 2020; 57:101826.
15. Deepak KK. Space Physiology: A promising field of research for physiologists. Indian J Physiol Pharmacol 2019; 63:189-91.
16. Deepak KK. Newer physiology is growing. Indian J Physiol Pharmacol. 2019; 64:1.
17. Ghosh D, Anupa G, Bhat MA, Bharti J, Mridha AR, Sharma JB, et al. How benign is endometriosis: Multi-scale interrogation of documented evidence.
Cur Opin Gyn Obstet. 2019; 2:318-45.
18. Anupa G, Sharma JB, Roy KK, Sengupta J, Ghosh D. An assessment of the multifactorial profile of steroid- metabolizing enzymes and steroid receptors in the eutopic endometrium during moderate to severe ovarian endometriosis. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2019; 17:111.
19. Zacharia, AA, Ahuja N, Kaur S, Mehta N, Sharma R. Does valence influence perceptual bias towards incongruence during binocular rivalry? Cogn
Process. 2020; 21:239-51.
20. Muthukrishnan SP, Soni S, Sharma R. Brain networks communicate through theta oscillations to encode high load in a visuospatial working memory task: An EEG connectivity study. Brain Topogr. 2020; 33:75-85.
21. Srivastava A, Sharma R, Goyal V, Chaudhary S, Sood SK, Kumaran S. Saccadic eye movements in young-onset Parkinson’s disease - A BOLD fMRI
study. Neuroophthalmology. 2019; 44:89-99.
22. Soni S, Muthukrishnan SP, Samanchi R, Sood M, Kaur S, Sharma R. Pre-trial and pre-response EEG microstates in schizophrenia: An endophenotypic marker. Behav Brain Res. 2019; 371:111964.
23. Pegwal N, Pal A, Sharma R. Deactivation of default-mode network and early suppression of decision making areas during retrieval period by high arousing emotions improves performance in verbal working memory task. Cogn Affect Behav Neurosci. 2019; 19:231-38.
24. Chacko SG, Tayade P, Kaur S, Sharma R. Creation of a high resolution EEG based Brain Computer Interface for classifying motor imagery of daily life activities. 7th International Winter Conference on Brain-Computer Interface (BCI), Gangwon, Korea (South) 2019; 1-5. doi: 10.1109/IWW- BCI.2019.8737258.
25. Pal A, Pegwal N, Bihari M, Sharma R. Is dementia in Parkinson' disease related to chronic stress, anxiety and depression? Ann Indian Acad Neurol.
26. Muthukrishnan SP, Chandran DS, Afreen N, Bir M, Dastidar SG, Jayappa H, et al. Planning, implementation, and evaluation of multicomponent, case-
based learning for first-year Indian medical undergraduates. Adv Physiol Educ. 2019; 43:504–11.
27. Muthukrishnan SP, Mehta N. Microteaching enhances teaching skills of resident doctors in India: A pilot study. Natl Med J India. 2019; 32:29–31.
28. Muthukrishnan SP, Patel SK, Dubey M, Patil A, Deepak KK. An innovative method to demonstrate nerve – muscle physiology experiments using
finger muscle twitch recording in a human subject. Indian J Physiol Pharmacol. 2019; 63:86–93.
29. Chaudhary S, Kumaran SS, Kaloiya GS, Goyal V, Sagar R, Kalaivani M, et al. Domain specific cognitive impairment in Parkinson’s patients with mild
cognitive impairment. J Clin Neurosci. 2020; 75:99-105.
30. Chakraborty A, Arvind A, Srivastav S, Bade G, Kaur S, Jain S. Demonstration of nerve muscle preparation in rats: for nerve-muscle physiology teaching. Indian J Physiol Pharmacol. 2019; 63: 66-72.
31. Das A, Chakraborty A, Srivastava S, Kaur S, Jain S, Bade G. Study of neuromuscular transmission under (i) phenomenon of fatigue, (ii) site of fatigue, (iii) neuromuscular blocking in an in-situ rat nerve muscle preparation: a novel approach to nerve muscle physiology experiment teaching. Indian J Physiol Pharmacol. 2019; 63(1):79-85.
32. Andrabi M, Andrabi MM, Kunjunni R, Sriwastva MK, Bose S, Sagar R, et al. Lithium acts to modulate abnormalities at behavioral, cellular and
molecular levels in sleep deprivation‐ induced mania‐like behavior. Bipolar Disord. 2019; 00:1–15.
33. Suri M, Kumar S, Jain S, Mathur R. Effect of palatable food ingesta on feeding behavior and blood glucose level in rats. Acta Biomedica Scintia 2020;
34. Kumaran SS, Kumari S, Goyal V, Bose S, Jain S, Dwivedi SN, et al. Metabolomic analysis of serum using proton NMR in 6-OHDA experimental PD
model and patients with PD. Neurochem Int. 2020; 134:104670.
35. Jaiswal U, Yadav RK, Bhat MA, Kriplani A, Roy KK, Netam RK. Cytokine and growth factor profile in endometriosis: a multiplex analysis of peritoneal fluid to assess diagnostic utility. Gynecol Endocrinol. 2020; 1-5.
36. Magan D, Yadav RK. Physiological persona differences based on stress and inflammation between meditators and healthy controls. J Complement
Integr Med. 2019. doi: 10.1515/jcim-2019-0106.
37. Yadav R, Yadav RK, Pandey RM, Upadhyay AD. Predictors of health-related quality of life in indians with metabolic syndrome undergoing randomized controlled trial of yoga-based lifestyle intervention vs dietary Intervention. Behav Med. 2019; 1-10. doi: 10.1080/08964289.2019.1683711.
38. Magan D, Yadav RK, Bal CS, Mathur R, Pandey RM. Brain plasticity and neurophysiological correlates of meditation in long-term meditators: A
18fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography study based on an innovative methodology. J Altern Complement Med. 2019; 25:1172.
39. Yadav R, Yadav RK, Khadgawat R, Pandey RM, Upadhyay AD, Mehta N. randomized controlled trial of a 12-week yoga-based (including diet) lifestyle vs. dietary intervention on cardio-metabolic risk factors and continuous risk score in Indian adults with metabolic syndrome. Behav Med.2020; 46:9-20.
40. Yadav R, Yadav RK, Khadgawat R, Pandey RM. Comparative efficacy of a 12 week yoga-based lifestyle intervention and dietary intervention on adipokines, inflammation, and oxidative stress in adults with metabolic syndrome: a randomized controlled trial. Transl Behav Med. 2019; 9:594-604.
41. Daba S, Joshi P, Agarwal R, Yadav RK, Kachhawa G. Impact of audio assisted relaxation technique on stress, anxiety and milk output among postpartum mothers of hospitalized neonates: A randomized controlled trial. J Neonatal Nurs. 2019; 25:200-4.
42. Baitha U, Ranjan P, Sarkar S, Arora C, Kumari A, Dwivedi SN, et al. Development of self-assessment tool of residents doctors’ communication skills
of in India. J Educ Eval Health Prof. 2019; 16:17.
43. Tanwar S, Mattoo B, Kumar U, Bhatia R. Can aberrant spinal nociception be a marker of chronicity of pain in fibromyalgia syndrome? J Clin
Neurosci. 2019; 65:17-22.
44.Mattoo B, Tanwar S, Bhatia R, Tripathi M, Bhatia R. Repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation in chronic tension type headache: A pilot study.
Indian J Med Res. 2019; 150:73-80.
45. Sinha A, Bhatia R. Physiological basis and mechanism of headache: Mini review. J Med Sci Clin Res. 2019; 7:408-13.
46. Arya S, Nanda S, Duggal R, Bhatia R. Orthodontic pain induced sensitization of trigemino nociceptive system. Biosci Biotechnol Res Commun.2019;
47. Tiwari V, Nanda S, Arya S, Kumar U, Bhatia R. Effect of repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation in male fibromyalgia patients: a brief report. Indian J Rheumatology 2019. doi: 10.4103/injr.injr_163_19
48. Joseph J, Chandran DS, Kiran RV, Abhidev VV, Sivaprakasam M. Image-free technique for flow mediated dilation using ARTSENS® Pen. Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc. 2019; 2019:5051-4.
49. Akhtar N, Mallick HN. Recommendations for a national sleep policy in India. Natl Med J India 2019; 32:59-60.
50. Chitturi V, Roy A, Singh A, Deepak KK. Practical to demonstrate electromyographic changes associated with phenomena of fatigue due to isometric exercise. Indian J Physiol Pharmacol. 2019; 63:94–98.
51. Shubham S, Dhochak N, Singh A, Patel SK, Chakrabarty B, Sankar J, et al. Polyneuropathy in critically ill mechanically ventilated children: Experience from a tertiary care hospital in north India. Pediatr Crit Care Med. 2019; 20:826-831.
Department of Physiology was established and developed by eminent neurophysiologist Prof. Bal Krishan Anand in 1956. The first batch of MBBS students were admitted in 1956. First MD students(1959) were Dr Pritam Kaur Gill and Dr Sushil Dua while first PhD student(1965) was Dr. R. Vijayan Pillai. During the golden period of department (1956-1975), department attracted many national and international researchers and students which included Dr SK Dua, Dr GS Chhina, Dr KN Sharma, Dr SK Manchanda, Dr T Desiraju, Dr Usha Nayar, Dr Utaka Oomura to name few. First scientific investigation in the world on yoga and meditation was started by Dr Anand and Dr Chhina in the department in 1961.
60 Years Contribution
Contribution of the department in the field of research
Field wise publications
Clinical Investigations and Interventions
Autonomic function Laboratory
Integral Health Clinic
Transcranial magnetic stimulation
Dean: Dr BK Anand
CMET: Dr Usha Nayar, Dr KK Deepak
Sub Dean(Academic): Dr Usha Nayar, Dr BK Kapoor
Sub Dean(Examination): Dr KK Deepak, Dr AK Jaryal
The XXVI Congress of International Union of Physiological Sciences held in AIIMSin 1974.
First AOPS Congress was organized in 1990.
Second Interim Congress of World Sleep was organized in 2005.
Prof Usha Nayar helped establishing BPKIHS, Dharan, Nepal in 1994.
Prof KK Deepak established joint Yoga Clinic and first Autonomic Function Lab at BPKIHS, Dharan, Nepal in 1998.