Guidelines for Requisition for Vehicles
Staff Cars/Vans/Buses for Official Duties
Faculty and officers of the AIIMS can request a vehicle when deputed by AIIMS for official duties outside AIIMS. Procedure for the same is as follows:
- Duly filled prescribed requisition form should be sent to the Transport Section. This should be done preferably one week in advance.
- If vehicle is requisitioned on an urgent basis telephonically, the requisition form should be submitted as soon as possible. However, no firm committment can be made for availability on short notice.
- For booking of vehicle outside Delhi in the NCR region, approval of the DD (Admn.) is essential. Such demands should invariably be made one week in advance.
- Special care should be taken to book the vehicle in advance for duties falling outside the usual working hours specially during the night.
- The vehicle is provided depending on the availability of the vehicle.
- Confirmation of the booking is intimated to the concerned user telephonically usually within a day of requisition.
- If a vehicle is not available, non-availability certificate can be issue by AIIMS on request, if needed for claims by the applicant.
- The name of the driver and his telephone number of the driver is generally available 6 hours before the commencement of journey.
- Faculty members going on outstation duty may intimate their mobile phone for facilitating pick up from airport/railway station on their return journey.
- Due to shortage of vehicles, presently provision of vehices for private use even on payment basis is regretted.
- When some other sponsor is paying for TA, please do not request for AIIMS vehicles.
- We request promotion of sharing of vehicles with other faculty and officers to ensure economy as well as to cover for shortage ofvehicles and drivers.