List of Publications
- Kashyap A, Chopra S, Ranjan P, Sarkar S, Poorna A, Baitha U. Yoga Therapy For Medically Unexplained Physical Symptoms. Advances in Mind-body Medicine. 2020 Dec 1;34(1):17-21.
- Singla V, Chumber S, Damle NA, Rathore YS, Singh KJ, Vyas S, Nayer J, Ranjan P. The Utility of Metabolic Imaging in Patients with Obscure Abdominal Pain: Is it Required?. Indian Journal of Surgery. 2020 Mar 5:1-6.
- Ranjan P, Ranjan R, Kumar M. National exit test: How will one size fit all?. Annals of Indian Academy of Neurology. 2020 Mar;23(2):145.
- Shankar SH, Biswas S, Kumar A, Gupta A, Goel A, Khan MA, Singh RK, Ranjan P, Soneja M, Wig N. Role of routine use of ultrasonographic guidance for performing lumbar punctures. Postgraduate Medical Journal. 2019 Dec 5.
- Ramprasad A, Rastogi N, Xess I, Singh G, Ranjan P, Jadon R, Ray A, Vikram N. Disseminated phaeohyphomycosis by Exophialajeanselmei. QJM: An International Journal of Medicine. 2019 Nov 11.
- Vaithiyam V, Jadon RS, Ray A, Manchanda S, Meena VP, Ranjan P, Vikram NK. Metronidazole induced encephalopathy: A rare side effect with a common drug. The Indian Journal of Radiology & Imaging. 2019 Oct;29(4):431.
- Chopra S, Sharma KA, Ranjan P, Malhotra A, Vikram NK, Kumari A. Weight management module for perimenopausal women: A practical guide for gynecologists. Journal of Mid-life Health. 2019 Oct;10(4):165.
- Swamy A, Sood R, Kapil A, Vikram NK, Ranjan P, Jadon RS, Soneja M, Sreenivas V. Antibiotic stewardship initiative in a Medicine unit of a tertiary care teaching hospital in India: A pilot study. The Indian journal of medical research. 2019 Aug;150(2):175.
- Baitha U, Ranjan P, Sarkar S, Arora C, Kumari A, Dwivedi SN, Patil A, Jamshed N. Development of a self-assessment tool for resident doctors’ communication skills in India. Journal of educational evaluation for health professions. 2019;16.
- Arora C, Malhotra A, Ranjan P,Vikram NK. Lifestyle Intervention Framework for Obese Patients with Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease–a Tool for Health Professionals in Resource Constraint Settings. Cureus. 2019 Oct;11(10).
- Narang H, Ray A, Vyas S, Tripathi M, Damle N, Jadon RS, Ranjan P, Prakash V, Vikram N. Undiagnosed Fever in a Tb Contact Patient: An Unusual Cause. Journal of The Association of Physicians of India. 2019 Aug;67:74.
- Rao GR, Ranjan P,Chadda RK, Kaloiya G S, Dwivedi SN, Baitha U, et al. A descriptive study of disability in patients presenting with medically unexplained physical symptoms in a medical OPD setting. J Family Med Prim Care 2019;8:1755-9. PMID: 31198750
- Reethesh SR, Ranjan P, Arora C, Kaloiya GS, Vikram NK, Dwivedi SN, et al. Development and Validation of a Questionnaire Assessing Knowledge, Attitude, and Practices about Obesity among Obese Individuals. Indian J EndocrinolMetab. 2019 Feb;23(1):102–10.
- Dubasi SK, Ranjan P, Arora C, Vikram NK, Dwivedi SN, Singh N, et al. Questionnaire to assess adherence to diet and exercise advices for weight management in lifestyle-related diseases. J Fam Med Prim Care. 2019 Feb;8(2):689–94.
- Durga CS, Gupta N, .., Nischal N, Ranjan P, Biswas A, Wig N. Invasive fungal infections in critically ill patients: A prospective study from a tertiary care hospital in India. Drug DiscovTher. 2018;12(6):363–7.
- Baidya A, Ganakumar V, Jadon RS, Ranjan P, Manchanda S, Sood R. Septic pulmonary emboli as a complication of peripheral venous cannula insertion. Drug DiscovTher. 2018;12(2):111–3.
- Mittal A, Ray A, Jadon RS, Manchanda S, Naik SR, Singh K, Ranjan P,Vikram NK. Hypereosinophilia with Multi-organ Dysfunction-A Diagnostic Conundrum. Journal ofThe Association of Physicians of India. 2018;66:80.
- Swamy A, ..,Arava S, Ranjan P, Jadon RS, Vikram NK, Sood R. CRAB Manifestations in a Middle-Aged Female: A Diagnostic Dilemma. J Assoc Physicians India. 2018 Jan;66(1):86–91.
- Arora C, Sinha B, RanjanP, Malhotra A. Non Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease: Problems in Perception and Solution. J ClinDiagn Res. 2018 Jan, Vol-12(1): OE01-OE05.
- Panda PK, Suri TM, Sood R, Bhalla AS, Sharma MC, Ranjan P. Overlap syndrome: juvenile dermatomyositis and perinuclearantineutrophil cytoplasmic autoantibody vasculitis, a case report and review of literature. Int J Rheum Dis. Int J Rheum Dis. 2017;20(12):2219-2224.
- Arora C, Sinha B, Malhotra A, Ranjan P. Development and Validation of Health Education Tools and Evaluation Questionnaires for Improving Patient Care in Lifestyle Related Diseases. J ClinDiagn Res. 2017 May;11(5):JE06-JE09.
- Singh A, Kumar MS, Jaryal AK, Ranjan P, Deepak KK, Sharma S, LakshmyR, Pandey RM, Vikram NK. Diabetic status and grade of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease are associated with lower baroreceptor sensitivity in patients with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. Eur J GastroenterolHepatol. 2017 Aug;29(8):956-961.
- Ranjan P, Kumar V, Ganguly S, Sukumar M, Sharma S, Singh N, et al. HemophagocyticLymphohistiocytosis Associated with Visceral Leishmaniasis: Varied Presentation. Indian J Hematol Blood Transfus. 2016 Jun;32(Suppl 1):351-4.
- Kumar MS, Singh A, Jaryal AK, Ranjan P, Deepak KK, Sharma S, et al. Cardiovascular Autonomic Dysfunction in Patients of Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease. Int J Hepatol. 2016;2016:5160754.
- Vyas S, Bhalla AS, Ranjan P, Kumar S, Kumar U, Gupta AK. Rheumatoid Arthritis Revisited - Advanced Imaging Review. Pol J Radiol. 2016;81:629–35.
- Soneja M, Achintya S, Nischal N, Ranjan P, Vyas S, Arava S, et al. Chronic Tubulo-interstitial Pyelonephritis with Retroperitoneal Fibrosis. J Assoc Physicians India. 2016;64(6):71.
- Ranjan P, Nair SC, Goyal A, Sharma MC, Vikram NK, Sood R. Primary lymphoepithelioma-like carcinoma of the lung in an adolescent girl with unusual presentation. Int J Res Med Sci 2016;4:1282-5
- Ranjan P, Chakrawarty A, Kumari A, Kumar J. Immunization in Patients with Rheumatic Diseases: A Practical Guide for General Practitioners. J ClinDiagn Res JCDR. 2015 May;9(5):OE01–4.
- Mohan N, Kumar J, Chakrawarty A, Ranjan P. Comprehensive review of anti-tubercular treatment induced liver injury. Int J Basic ClinPharmacol. 2015;397–403.
- Mohankumar N, Ranjan P, Kumari A. Drug-induced liver injury: Diagnosing (and treating) it early. J FamPract. 2015 Oct;64(10):634–44.
- Gurtoo A, Ranjan P, Sud R, Kumari A. A study of acceptability & feasibility of integrating humanities based study modules in undergraduate curriculum. Indian J Med Res. 2013 Jan;137(1):197–202.
- Ranjan P, Kumari A, Das R, Gupta L, Singh SK, Yadav M. Evaluation of clinical features scoring system as screening tool for influenza A (H1N1) in epidemic situations. J Postgrad Med. 2012 Dec;58(4):265–9.
- Ranjan P, Kumari A, Chakrawarty A. How can Doctors Improve their Communication Skills? J ClinDiagn Res JCDR. 2015 Mar;9(3):JE01–4.
- Ranjan P,Soneja M, Subramonian NK, Kumar V, Ganguly S, Kumar T, et al. Fever of Unknown Origin: An Unusual Presentation of Kikuchi-Fujimoto Disease. Case Rep Immunol. 2015;2015:1–3.
- Ranjan P, Kumar V, Ganguly S, Vyas S, Yadav R, Sood R. Isolated native Tricuspid Valve Endocarditis Presenting as PUO in a Young Adult Male Without Any Risk Factors. J Fam Med Prim Care. 2015;4:139–41.
- Ranjan P, Dutta S, Kakkar A, Goyal A, Vikram NK, Sharma MC, Sood R. T-cell lymphoma masquerading as extrapulmonary tuberculosis: case report and review of literature. J Fam Med Primary Care 2015;4:280-3.
- Ranjan P, Jana M, Krishnan S, Nath D, Sood R. Disseminated cryptococcosis with adrenal and lung involvement in an immunocompetent patient. J ClinDiagn Res JCDR. 2015 Apr;9(4):OD04–5.
- Dhamija RK, Ranjan P, Kumar B, Mishra SK, Kallur SN. Association of PDE4D gene with ischaemic stroke. Int J Stroke Off J Int Stroke Soc. 2012 Oct;7(7):E8
- Evaluation of Stroke-types and Demographic Pattern in Tribal and Non-tribal Population of Jharkhand. A Hospital-based Study at RIMS; Ranchi. Abstracts: Free Papers – Oral Presentation (APICON-2010) - Neurology
- Role of Pro-inflammatory cytokines in Acute Ischaemic Stroke. Abstracts: Free Papers – Oral Presentation (APICON-2012) – Neurology
- To find out association between metabolic syndrome and Hypothyroidism. Abstracts : Free Papers – Oral Presentation (APICON-2012)-Endocrinology
Chapters in a book
- Ranjan P, Sood R. Lungs in systemic sclerosis. In Jindal SK, Patil SS, editors. World Clinics-Pulmonary and critical care Medicine- Pulmonary Manifestations of Systemic Diseases. New Delhi: Jaypee Brothers medical publishers (P) Ltd. P 325-43.
- Vikram NK, Ranjan P. Cardiovascular implications of diagnosing Non-alcohalic Fatty liver disease. In Unnikrishnan AG, Purandare VB, editors. Metabolic aspects of Non-alcohalic Fatty liver disease. New Delhi: Elsevier. P 30-39.
Details of Research Projects
- Biomarkers assessing the activity of interstitial lung disease in systemic sclerosis (Principal-investigator, Project ongoing, funded by AIIMS Intramural Research grant. 5 lakh. 2012)
- Assessment of communication skills in resident doctors (Principal-investigator, Project ongoing, Non-funded. Ethical approval IEC/174/3/2018).
- Cognitive behaviour therapy in patients with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: A randomized control trial (Principal-investigator, Project ongoing, Non-funded. Ethical approval IEC/508/7/2017).
- Study of prevalence of patients with medically unexplained sypmtoms (MUPS), presenting in Medicine OPD, associated disability, and care giver burden in them. (Principal-investigator, Project ongoing, Non-funded. Ethical approval on September 06, 2017. Ref No IEC- 516/01.09.2017)
- Psychiatric morbidities and Psychological profile in patients with Medically Unexplained Physical Symptoms (MUPS) in medicine OPD. (Principal-investigator, Project ongoing, Non-funded. Ethical approval on March 09, 2018. Ref No IEC- 581/03.11.2017, RP-48/2018)
- A randomised controlled trial of 6 months yogic exercises vs. regular physical activity on body composition, multiple metabolic measures in north Indian individuals with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease and obesity (Co-Principal Investigator, Project approved by DST/SATYAM, 84 Lakhs, From 2017-19)
- Biomarkers predicting severity and outcome in malaria. (Co-investigator, Project ongoing, funded by AIIMS (Intramural) 5 lakh.2012).
- Association of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease with bone mineral density and adiposity. (Co-investigator, Project ongoing, funded by DBT 9 lakh, from 2013-2016).
- A Prospective, Comparative, Open Label, Randomized, Multicenteric Phase III study to compare the safety and efficacy of Etanercept of Intas Biopharmaceuticals Ltd. against Enbrel in patients with Active Rheumatoid Arthritis (Co-investigator, Protocol Code: IBPL_ET_01. Version Number:1.0 Date started: 1 Oct 2013. Date End: 31st Aug 2014
- Development of Cognitive Retraining Module for Improving Cognitive Deficits of Abstinent Patients with Alcohol Dependence Syndrome, Cannabis Dependence Syndrome and Opioid Dependence Syndrome in a Tertiary Care De-Addiction Centre of Northern India (Co-Investigator, Project ongoing, funded by DST, 18.5 lakhs, From 2017-20)
- Association of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease with bone mineral density and adiposity. (Co-investigator, Project ongoing, funded by DBT, 9 lakhs).
Thesis Guiding as Chief Guide (DM- Infectious Diseases Thesis)
- Evaluation of 99m Technetium-labelled antibiotic Scintigraphy in diagnosis and monitoring of tuberculosis with Lymph node involvement.
- Association of therapeutic drug levels and worm infestation with treatment response in patients with TB lymphadenitis.
Thesis Guiding as Chief Guide (MD Thesis)
- Evaluation of 99m Technetium-labelled antibiotic Scintigraphy in diagnosis and monitoring of tuberculosis with abdomen involvement.
- Development and Assessment of the efficacy of Comprehensive Treatment Module in the Management of patients with Medically Unexplained Physical Symptoms.
- Endothelial dysfunction in young patients with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.
- Study of risk factors for drug resistant bacterial infections in patients admitted in medicine wards. (Completed)
- Adherence to lifestyle modification advices in Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. (Completed)
- Development and Validation of a Questionnaire Assessing Knowledge, Attitude, and Practices (KAP Questionnaire) about Obesity among Obese Individuals. (Completed)
- Magnitude of psychiatric comorbidities in patients with rheumatoid arthritis- A hospital based study. (Completed)