The department is providing embalming services in medicolegal cases required for transportation of dead body to faraway places in India and abroad. It is also done to preserve bodies for future dissection/teaching purpose. In rare occasions the embalming is done on the dead body of important personality for public view.
A charge of INR 8000/- in cash only, is to be deposited in the Hospital Cash Counter. If the cash counter is unable to receive the payment due to any technical problem then the charges are collected by the staff in charge of mortuary before the embalming procedure. A receipt of cash payment is handed over to the relatives. The staff shall deposit the amount on the next working day at Accounts section and obtain the original receipt.
Verification of following documents is required
- Requisition form for embalming with consent.
- Postmortem conduction certificate/Postmortem report.
- No objection certificate/ Body handover receipt for transportation of body by Police.
- Identification of dead body (Photo identity).
- Communicable disease (documents).
- Embassy-High commission requisition form/Information to embassy, if foreign national.
- Payment slip.