Prof. Rohit Saxena completed his graduation from the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in 1996 and joined Dr Rajendra Prasad Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences (AIIMS) as a postgraduate student in 1996. After completing his MD course in Ophthalmology in 1999, he was a Senior Resident at the centre till 2002. He joined the faculty as Assistant Professor at the centre in 2003. He has completed his PhD in Ophthalmology in 2016.
Academic qualifications: MBBS (AIIMS), MD Ophthalmology (AIIMS), PhD (AIIMS):
Dec 2014: Completed course on Good Clinical Practices by NIDA Clinical Trials Network.
Sept 2007: Professional Diploma in Clinical Research (PGDR), Catalyst Clinical Services, New Delhi
July 2006: Post-Graduate Certificate course in Hospital Management, National Institute of Health and Family Welfare, New Delhi.
March 1999: Basic Sciences Assessment in Ophthalmology, International Council of Ophthalmology.
Two weeks Observer ship and Training Programme at the New England Eye Centre, Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.A. from 16th to 30th Nov. 2001.
His main interests are:
- Strabismus and Pediatric Ophthalmology
- Principal Investigator of numerous funded and non funded research projects
- Published > 130 indexed publications;
- Authored 2 books and written 32 chapters in national and international books.
- Attended and presented at >250 National Conferences and CME and in 21 international conferences including performing live surgeries
- Reviewer for 10 international indexed publications
Has received >30 awards for research and academic contributions. Some recent awards are:
- Fan Favorite Video in Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus in AAO 2016
- B K Mahajan Award for best paper in Indian Journal for Community Medicine 2015.
- ACOIN (Association of Community Ophthalmologists of India) Appreciation Plaque 2014.
- Awarded AIOS –IJO Platinum Award 2013 for best paper in IJO in the year 2013.
- Awarded Best Research paper presentation at Asia ARVO conference Oct 2013.
- Awarded “APAO-AIOS Achievement Award” for the year 2013 from the Asia Pacific Academy of Ophthalmology.
- Awarded Intraocular Implant and Refractive Society of India (IIRSI) Gold Medal 2012 for outstanding contribution in the field of Ophthalmology.
- Awarded “Achievement Award” for the year 2011 from the American Academy of Ophthalmology.
- Awarded Best Research paper presentation at Asia ARVO conference 2011.
- Awarded the Certificate of Academic Excellence from the Delhi Ophthalmology Society for >10 years.
- Awarded Certificate of “Esteemed Resource Teacher” by the Delhi Ophthalmology Society for the year 2001-2002, 2011-2012 and 2012-2013.
Membership of societies:
Delhi Ophthalmology Society
All India Ophthalmological Society
Strabismological & Pediatric Ophthalmology Society of India
International Strabismological Association