Dr. Noopur Gupta
Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology
Cornea, Cataract & Refractive Surgery Services
Noopur Gupta is a Cornea faculty at Dr. R P Centre, AIIMS, New Delhi. With more than 14 years of teaching and research experience behind her, she has made significant scientific deliberations as chairperson, instructor, judge and faculty at various regional, national and international conferences including World Ophthalmology Congress, Asia Pacific Academy of Ophthalmology and ASIA ARVO.
She was awarded the first prize and Excellence in Ophthalmic Research at 63rd AIOS, 2005. She received the ORBIS International Medal for best paper contributing to prevention of blindness in developing world at ESCRS, 2009 for her work on keratomalacia. Her extensive work on dry eye has been lauded at the Annual Conference of All India Ophthalmological Society (Best Paper, 2003) and published as Cover Story in Ocular Surgery News, APAO edition 2012 for being invited as the Dry eye expert faculty in Asia Pacific Region.
With more than 100 publications to her credit, she is a reviewer and editor of many national and international journals including IOVS. She has been instrumental in planning and implementation of population-based studies on trachoma, corneal blindness, diabetic retinopathy, RAAB, RAVI, and impact of global warming on ocular health. She is credited for conducting the first population-based study on corneal diseases in India, as part of her doctoral research at the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. As a key ophthalmologist and Expert Advisor, she has led trachoma surveys in Andaman & Nicobar islands and helped in advocacy to reduce the burden of trachoma in these islands.
MBBS Lady Hardinge Medical College, Delhi
MS Ophthalmology Lady Hardinge Medical College, Delhi
DNB National Board of Examinations
FRCS (I) Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons
PhD (Community Ophthalmology) All India Institute of Medical Sciences
· Best Resident Doctor (Louis and Victor Rambo Medal-LHMC; 2003) and Best Research Fellow (Ophthalmic Research Association, R. P. Centre, AIIMS;2009)
· Three ‘Best Scientific Paper’ at All India Ophthalmic Society ( AIOS Annual Conference 2003, 2005, 2006).
· Certificate of Excellence in Ophthalmic Research for Best Post Graduate Thesispresentation at Young Researcher’s Session, AIOS, 2005
· ORBIS International Medal at European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, Spain, 2009- best paper
· E.T. Selvam Award for Best Poster at Annual conference of AIOS,2014
· Shri Kalu Ram Award for Best Paper in community based research at Indian Association of Preventive and Social Medicine, 2014
· Third Prize for best poster for Rapid assessment of visual Impairment survey in urban Delhi at ASIA ARVO, 2013
· AIIMS Excellence Research Award 2014 for trachoma survey in Car Nicobar island, India
· Travel Grants -6 (DST, INSA, CSIR, ICMR, DOS)
H-index- 8 (158 citations)
Chapters in books -7
Book (Health Education Booklet)-1
- As Expert Advisor, team leader, resource person & trainer for national level and regional surveys- Trachoma Rapid Assessment, Rapid Assessment of Visual Impairment Survey, NPCB National Trachoma Survey, Rapid Assessment of Avoidable Blindness, Knowledge Attitude & Practice Study in Urban Slums, DR-QEDJT, DR Innovation Project.
- Clinical Trials- as Co-investigator & Clinical Research Co-ordinator = 10
3. Epidemiological Research Projects= 16
Lead Guest Editor of Journal of Ophthalmology
Reviewer of many international and national indexed journals (IOVS, IJO , Scientific World Journal, International Ophthalmology, International Journal of Occupational and Environmental Health, Asian Cardiovascular and Thoracic Annals, Journal of Clinical & Experimental Ophthalmology, Saudi Journal of Ophthalmology and Journal of Ophthalmology)
Invited Faculty & Chairperson
Dry Eye Expert in Asia Pacific region-Cover story in Ocular Surgery News (Jul-Aug 2012)
Invited faculty, instructor, chairperson, judge- ASIA ARVO, APAO, MP State Action Plan by Vision 2020 and NPCB, National Meet for Strategic Planning For Glaucoma Management, AIOS, Annual & Mid term DOS.