Dr. D.N. Rao
Professor & Head, Department of Biochemistry
AIIMS, New Delhi-110029
Tel: 91-11-26593545(O), 91-11-26588060 (R) 91-9868592706 (M)
Dr. D.N. Rao, born in the year 1951. Obtained his M.Sc. (1972) and Ph.D (1978) degrees. After his doctoral degree, he joined as a Research Officer at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi and subsequently became a lecturer in the Department of Biochemistry AIIMS,. Presently, he is a Professor & Head in the Department of Biochemistry, AIIMS. He was the elected General Secretary of Indian Immunology Society and Vice President of FIMSA during the year 2010-14. Currently, he is the elected president of Indian Immunology Society. He is recipient of AIIMS Excellence award Ist Prize 2012 awarded by Dr. Robert Huber (Noble Laureat). He is Chairman of the Intramural Research project of AIIMS. He is the reviewer for many National and International journals. He is recipent of Dr. Pran Nath Chhuttani Oration award 2013 by National Academy of Medical Sciences. He is the recipient of Dr. Sohail Ahmed Oration Award by National Academy of Biomedical Sciences 2014
He is an Editor in Chief of “Indian Journal of Clinical Biochemistry” (IJCB) for about five years. He has received a large number of Awards/oration for his contribution in Biochemistry and Immunology. He is recipient of Prof. B.K. Aikat Oration Award of ICMR for Contribution in Tropical Diseases, 1993; Prof. V.M. Thakor Award for contribution in the field of Biochemistry by Institute of Medical Technology, Udhna (Surat) under the aegis of Span Research Center, 1998; Dr. K.C. Kandhari memorial Oration for contribution in leprosy by AIIMS 1998; Seth GS Medical College & KEM Hospital Oration by ACBI, 1998; Chaturvedin Ghanshyam Das Jaigopal Award for Immunology 1997 by ICMR; Hari Om Ashram Alembic Research Award-2000 Basic Research in Medical Science by MCI; Professor C.R. Krishna Murthi Lecture Award by SBC during 2002; Dr. & Mrs. G.P. Talwar Oration Award 2003 by ACBI; ICMR award for contribution in Biomedical Research 2006 for developing subunit vaccine in Nano Particles, Man of year by American Biographical Institute of USA-2002, Outstanding Scientist Worldwide-2007 by IBC.
He is a member of various scientific organization like Indian Immunology Society, Society of Biological Chemists of India, Association of Clinical Biochemists of India, The Indian Society of Parasitology, Molecular Immunology forum and New York Academy of Sciences, Society of Free Radical Research India. He is a Treasurer of Indian Immunology Society (IIS) for five years. He has organized 9th APCCB International Conference at Ashok Hotel, New Delhi 2002. He has organized 33rd Indian Immunology Society Conference at AIIMS during 28-31 January, 2007 and he also organized SFRR Satellite Meeting 11 & 12 Feb., 2008 at AIIMS. He is Organizing Secretary of 5th FIMSA conference held at New Delhi in March 2012.
He is actively involved the evaluation of projects and fellowships from various funding agencies and peer review member of various national and international journals. He is an examiner, thesis evaluator and selection committee member of various universities and medical colleges. He has delivered a large number of guest and invited lectures in various national and international conferences. He is a Scientific Advisory Committee member of various national funding agencies.
Dr. D.N. Rao is currently involved in teaching Biochemistry and Immunology to various professional courses. His research interest includes Biochemistry and Immunology of infectious diseases. His citation spans developing peptide based immunogens for vaccine design and immuno-diagnostics for diseases like Malaria, HIV, and Plague. His interest also lies in immunology of leprosy. He has guided a large number of students for Ph.D, M.D. and M.Sc degrees. He has generated extramural research grants from DST, DBT, ICMR, DAE, DRDO, CSIR and Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. He reviewed large number of manuscripts of Immunology and Biochemistry published in various international/national journals. He is Officer-in-Charge of both Small Animal and Primate Research Facility. He has attended all the three FIMSA conferences with bursary.
He has published more than 130 research articles in International and National Journals. He has guided 20 Ph.D., M.D. 8, M.Sc. and M. Biotech 20. Currently there are 4 Ph.D. students and four Post Doctoral fellows working with me in various research projects concerned to health problems.
- Mr. Dablu Lal Gupta - Role of Immuno-Clinical and cytokine gene polymorphism correlation with recovery in patients with posttraumatic shock
- Mr. Pradeep Kumar Nagar - Identification and immunological characterization of epitopes of envelope and capsid proteins of Chikungunya virus
- Mr. Tarique Hussain- γ δ T cells and its modulatory role in leprosy
- Mr. Ayantika Tulkdar - Coenzyme Q and its immunomodulatory role in idiopathic recurrent abortion cases.
- Dr. Pramod Pal
- Dr. Santwana Bhatnagar
- Dr. Reeta Roy
- Dr. Chaman
- Ms. Priyanka Verma
- Mr. Sameer
- Mr. Santosh
RESEARCH & IMPORTANT PUBLICATIONS
- Developing peptide based diagnosis for malaria, HIV,Yersinia pestis, chikungunia and dengue.
- Chemical synthesis of peptides and study their immunomodulatory, immunochemical and immunoregulatory mechanism associate with malaria, HIV, Y.pestis,Chikungunia and dengue.
- T Reg Cells, HAT, HDAC and epigenetic mechanism of Fox P3 in leprosy and autoimmune disease.
- Identifying immuno and biochemical markers of miscarriage and premature ovarian failure
FULL LENGTH PAPERS IN NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL JOURNALS (IF = Impact Factor)
- Santwana Bhatnagar, Pradeep Kumar, Priyanka Verma, Teena Mohan, M.M. Parida, S.L. Hoti and D. N. Rao. Evaluation of multiple antigenic peptides (MAP) as better diagnostic for Chikungunya virus using envelope E2 peptides, Viral Immunology, (IF 1.75), (In press).
- Chaman Saini, Mohd Tarique, Sudhir Kumar, D.N.Rao. Role of FoxP3+ Treg cells in mediated suppression in leprosy, 2014, manuscript communicated, Current Immunological Review,
- Pradeep Kumar Nagar, Santwana Bhatnagar, Priyanka Verma, D.N. Rao, Mapping and immunological response of B and T cell epitopes of E2 glycoprotein of Chikungunya virus., Vaccine, (IF 4.0), Manuscript communicated.
- Dablu Lal Gupta1, Sanjeev Bhoi2, Sagar Galwnkar3, Irshad H. Chaudry4, D.N. Rao5 "Association of dynamic changes in serum cytokine levels with severity of injury in hemorrhagic shock patients, 2014, J. Trauma, ( I.F-2.4), manuscript communicated.
- Dablu Lal Gupta1, Sanjeev Bhoi2, Amit Gupta3, Arulselvi 4, D.N. Rao5 "Hemorragic shock patients to understand the disease severity in post haemorrhage sepsis, Shock, 2014, (I.F-2.850), manuscript communicated).
- Dablu Lal Gupta1, Sanjeev Bhoi2, Sagar Galwnkar3, Irshad H. Chaudry4, D.N. Rao5 "Clinical relevance of cytokine gene polymorphism in recovery of hemorrhagic shock patients, 2014, Critical Care, (I.F-3.6), manuscript communicated.
- Dablu Lal Gupta1, Sanjeev Bhoi2, Amit Gupta3, Arulselvi 4, D.N. Rao5 "T cell anergy and Th1/Th2/Th17 and T reg cells profiling in post traumatic sepsis patients" 2014, Critical Care, (I.F-3.6), manuscript communicated.
- Current understanding of HIV-1 and T-cell adaptive immunity: progress to date, Teena Mohan, Santwana Bhatnagar, Dablu L. Gupta and Rao D.N., 2014, Microbial Pathogenesis, 73, 1-1, (IF 2.7).
- A review article on the plant based delivery system : An approach for the development of vaccines, Teena Mohan and Rao D.N., 2014, Drug Development and Industrial Pharmacy, (in press), (IF 1.9).
- Characterization of CD4+TCRγδ+ FoxP3 involved in immunosuppression through TGF-β-II-Smad3 in leprosy patients, Mohd Tarique, Raza Ali Naqvi, Riyasat Ali, Neena Khanna and Rao D.N., 2014, J. Immunol., (submitted) (IF 6.0).
- CD4+ CD25+ T regs with acetylated FoxP3 are associated with immune suppression in human leprosy, Sudhir Kumar, Raza Naqvi, Neena Khanna and Rao D.N., 2013, Mol. Immuol., 56, 513-520, (IF 3.4).
- FoxP3 provides competitive fitness to CD4+, CD25+ T cells in leprosy patients via transcriptional regulation, Sudhir Kumar, Raza Naqvi, Neena Khanna and Rao D.N., 2014, Eur. J. Immunol., 44, 431-439 (IF 5.6).
- IL-10 production from dendritic cells is associated with DC SIGN in human leprosy, Sudhir Kumar, Raza Naqvi, Ajaz A. Bhat, Richa Rani, Riyasat Ali, Abhishek Agnihotri, Neena Khanna and Rao D.N., 2013, Immuno. Biol. 218, 1488-1496 (IF 4.3).
- B and T cell epitopes mapping and study the humoral and cell mediated immune response to B–T constructs of YscF antigen of Yersinia pestis. Riyasat Ali, Sudhir Kumar and D.N.Rao, 2013, Comparative Immunology Microbiol and Infectious Disease, 36(4), 365-378 (IF 2.1).
- Multiple Antigen Peptide consisting of B- and T-cell epitopes of F1 antigen of Y. pestis showed enhanced humoral and mucosal immune response in different strains of mice, Riyasat Ali, Sudhir Kumar, Raza Ali Naqvi, and D.N.Rao, 2013, Int. immunopharmacology, 15, 97-105 (IF 2.3) .
- Evaluation of peptide based IgM/IgG detection for diagnosis of Chikungunya infection, Priyanka Verma, Teena Mohan, Pradeep Kumar, M.M. Parida, S.L. Hoti, Shakir Ali, V. Ravi, V. Lakshmi and Rao D.N., 2014, Clin. Chem. Lab. Med., 52, 297-307 (IF 3.0).
- Cell mediated immune response of palmitoyl multiple antigen peptide containing immunodominant epitopes of F1 antigen of Yersinia pestis in murine model, Riyasat Ali, Raza Ali Naqvi, Ajaz AB and D. N. Rao , 2013, Scandinavian J. Immunol, 77 (5), 361-377 (IF 2.3).
- Comparative mucosal immunogenicity of HIV gp41 membrane-proximal external region (MPER) containing single and multiple repeats of ELDKWA sequence with defensin peptide, Teena Mohan, Priyanka Verma and Rao D.N., 2014 Immuno Biology, 219, 292-301 (IF 3.1).
- Novel adjuvant and delivery vehicle for drgus and vaccine development : A road ahead, Teena Mohan, Priyanka Verma and Rao D.N., 2013, Ind. J. Med. Res. 138, 779-795 (IF 2.061).
- Modulation of HIV peptide antigen specific cellular immune response by synthetic a and B defensin peptides, Teena Mohan and Rao D.N., 2013, Vaccine, 31, 1707-1716 (IF 3.6).
- Nasal delivery of PLG encapsulated defensin peptides adjuvanted gp41 antigens confers long lasting immunoprotective response against HIV-1, Teena Mohan and Rao D.N., 2014, Immul. Res., 58, 139-153 (IF 3.3).
- Detection of histidine rich protein 2 and lactate dehydrogenase antigens of P. falciparum in malaria patients by immunocaputre base diagnostic assay, Priyanka Verma, Vinita Chattree, Ratanesh K. Seth, Sukla Biswas and Rao D.N., 2013, Ind. J. Med. Res., 138, 977-987 (IF 2.0).
- Comparative in-vitro functional characterization of synthetic native, neagatively and positively charged variants of defensins against HIV-INL4.3, E.coli, S. aureus and P. aeroginosa, Teena Mohan and Rao D.N., 2013 Int. J. Pep. Res. Ther., 19, 245-255 (IF 2.0).
- Immunological response to Parthenium hysterophorus in Indian Patients with Parthenium sensitive atopic dermatitis, Kumar S, Khandpu S, Rao DN, Wahaab S, Khanna N, 2012, Immunol Invest. ;41(1):75-86.
- Cell-mediated immune response to epitopic MAP (Multiple antigen peptide) consutruct of LcrV antigen of Yersinia pestis in murine model. Rupesh K. Shreewastav, Riyasat Ali, Jayaprakash Babu and Rao D.N., 2012, Cellular Immunology, 278, 55-62 (IF 2.6).
- Evaluation of CD4+/CD8+ T-cell ex-pression and IFN- <gamma> Perforin secretion for B-T constructs of F1 and V antigens of Yersinia pestis, Geetanjali Gupta, Arif Azam Khan, Riyasat Ali & Rao D.N., 2012 International Immunopharmacology, 12, 64-73 (IF 2.0).
- Recent Advancement in Development of Vaccines against Y. pestis – A potential agent of Bioterrorism. Riyasat Ali and Rao D.N., Chapter in Bioterrorism, 2012, ISBN 973-953-51-0205-2, Edited by Stephen A Morse, Intech Open Science.
- Th3 immune responses in the progression of leprosy via molecular cross-talks of TGF-β CTLA-4 and Cbl-b, Sudhir Kumar, Raza Naqvi, Neena Khanna & Rao D.N., 2011, Clinical Immunology, 141, 133-142 (IF 4.0).
- Immunomodulation & Vaccine adjuvant, Teena Mohan, Ajaz A. Bhat and Rao D.N, The book seried of Compendium of Bioactive Natural products M/s Studium Press, LLC, USA. Vol.5.
- Enhanced humoral and mucosal immune responses after intranasal immunization with chimeric multiple antigen peptide comprising of defined epitopes of LcrV antigen of Yersinia pestis coupled to palmitate in mice, Jayaprakash Babu U.S., Bhat AA, Anil Sah, Rao D.N., 2011, Vaccine, 29, 9352-9360. ( IF 3.6).
- Disruption of HLA-DR raft, deregulation of Lck-ZAP-70-Cbl-b switches and miR181a towards T cell hyporesponsiveness in leprosy, Sudhir Kumar, Raza Naqvi, Neena Khanna & Rao D.N. 2011, Mol. Immun, 48, 1178-1190 (IF 3.0).
- Dominant T-cell epitopes of filarial BmALT-2 and their cytokine profile in BALB/c mice, J. Madhumathi, P.R. Prince, D.N. Rao and P. Kaliraj, 2010, Parasite Immunology, 32, 760-763.
- Crucial epitopes of Wuchereria bancrofti abundant larval transcript recognized in natural infection.
- Madhumathi J, Pradiba D, Prince PR, Jeyaprita PJ, Rao D.N., Kaliraj P., Eur. J. Clin Microbiol Infect Dis. 2011, 29, 1481-1486 (IF 2.6).
- Evaluation of synthetic peptides of WbSXP-1 for the diagnosis of human lymphatic filariasis, Panduragan Pandiaraja, Chakkaravarthy Arunkumar, Subhash Lasmanappa Hoti, Rao D.N., P. Kaliraj, Dign. Microbiol. Infect. Dis. 2010, 68, 410-415 (IF 2.4).
- Identification and characterization of nematode specific protective epitopes of B. malayi TRX towards development of synthetic vaccine construct for lymphatic filariasis, Jayaprakasam Madhumathi, Prabhu Rajaiah Prince, Gandhirajan Anugraha, Pote Kiran, Rao D.N., Maryada Venkata Rami Reddy & Permumal Kaliraj, Vaccine, 2010, 28, 5038-5048 (IF 3.6).
- Induction of mucosal and systemic humoral immune responses in murine system by intranasal immunization with peptide antigens of P. vivax and CpG oligodeoxynucleotide (ODN) in microparticle delivery, Ajaz Ahmad Bhat, Ratenesh K. Seth, Sudhir Kumar, Sukla Biswas & Rao D.N., Int. Immuno. Pharmac. 2009, 9, 1197-1208 (IF 3.0).
- Acquired immune response to defined Plasmodium vivax antigen in individuals residing in northern India, Ratnesh K. Seth, Ajaz A. Bhat, D.N. Rao & Sukla Biswas, Microbes and Infection, 2010, 12(3), 199-206 (IF 2.9).
- Induction of cell mediated immune responses to peptide antigens of P. vivax in microparticles using intranasal immunization, Ajaz Ahmad Bhat, Ratenesh K. Seth, Sudhir Kumar, Sukla Biswas & Rao D.N., Immunological Investigation 2010, 39 (4-5) 483-499 (IF 1.3).
- Immunomodulation and Vaccine Adjuvants, Teena Mohan, Ajaz Ahmad Bhat and Rao D.N., chapter in Bioactive Natural Products, Vol.5, Chapter 6, 120-159, 2010 Studium Press LLC, USA.
- Protective effect of resveratrol and vitamin E aginst thanol-induced oxidative damage in mice: Biochemical and immunological basis, Subir Kumar Das, Sukhes Mukherjee, Geetanjali Gupta, Rao D.N. and D.M. Vasudevan, 2010, 47, 32-37.
- Cell mediated immune response and Th1/Th2 cytokine profile of B-T constructs of F1 and V antigen of Yersinia pestis, Geetanjali Gupta, Arif Azam Khan & Rao D.N., Scand. J. Immunol. 2010, 71, 186-198 (IF 2.0).
- Humoral immune responses and protective efficacy of sequential B &T cell epitopes of V antigen of Y. pestis by intranasal immunization in microparticles, Jayaprakash Babu U.S., Ajaz Ahmad Bhat & Rao D.N., Med Microbiol Immunol 2009 198 (4), 247-256 (IF 3.3).
- Intranasal administration of peptide antigens of HIV with mucosal adjuvant CpG ODN coentrapped in microparticles enhances the mucosal and systemic immune responses, Par Bahadur Pun, Ajaz Ahmad Bhat, & Rao D.N., International Immunopharmacology 2009, 9,468-477 (IF 3.0).
- Time dependent effects of ethanol on blood oxidative stress parameters and cytokines, Das S.K., Vardhan S.G. Gupta, Rao D.N. and D.M. Vasudevan. Ind. J. Biochem. Biolphy. Feb. 2009, 46(1), 116-21.
- Protective effect of resveratrol and vitamin E against ethanol-induced oxidative damage in mice: Biochemical and immunological basis, Subir Kumar Das, Sukhes Mukherjee, Geetanjali Gupta, Rao D.N. and D.M. Vasudevan . Ind. J. Biochem. Biolphy. November. 2009, 46, 1-6.
- Suppressive effect of Strychnos nux-vomica on induction of ovalumin-specific IgE antibody response in mice, Govinda Rao Duddukuri, A. Naga Brahmam & Rao D.N., IJBB, 45, 341-344, 2008 .
- Identifying B and T epitopes and studying humoral, mucosal and cellular immune response of V antigen of Y. pestis, Arif A. Khan, Jaya P. Babu & Rao D.N., Vaccine 2008 26(3), 316-332 (IF 3.6).
- Inhibition of apoptosis activation of NKT cells and upregulation of CD40 and CD40L mediated by M. leprae antigen(s) combined with murabutide and Trat peptide in leprosy patients, Vineeta Chattree, Neena Khanna, Vandana Bisht , and D.N.Rao., Mol Cell Biochem. 2008 Feb;309(1-2):87-97 (IF 2.2).
- Liposomal delivery of Mycobacterium leprae antigen(s) with murabutide and Trat peptide inhibits Fas-mediated apoptosis of peripheral blood mononuclear cells derived from leprosy patients, Vineeta Chattree, Neena Khanna, Vandana Bisht & Rao D.N., Ind. J. Biochem. Biophy., 2007, 44, 386-393.
- Alterations in T cell signal transduction by M. leprae antigens is associated with downregulation of second messengers PKC, calcium, calcineurin, MAPK and various transcription factors in leprosy patients, Vineeta Chattree, Neena Khanna and D.N.Rao. Mol. Immunol., 2007, 44, 2066-2077 (IF 3.0).
- Alleviation of collagen-induced arthritis by plumbago zeylanica in Mice, Aparanji Poosarla, B. Veerendra Kumar, T. Raghava Rao, Rao D.N. and Rama Rao Athota., Pharmaceutical Biology, 2007, 45 (1), 54-59.
- Effect of lecithin with vitamin-B complex and tocopheryl acetate on long term effect of ethanol induced immunomodulatory activites, Subir Kumar Das, Geetanjali Gupta, Rao D.N. and D.M. Vasudevan, Indian J. Exp. Biol., 2007, 45, 1-6.
- Obstructive infertility: Changes in the histology of different regions of the epididymis and morphology and spermatozoa, P.C. Pal, Monika Manocha, M.M. Kapur, D.N. Rao and M. Rajalakshmi. 2006 Andrologia, 37, 1-9 (IF 1.3).
- Development of diagnostic reagents: Raising antibodies against synthetic peptides of PfHRP-2 and LDH using microsphere delivery, Deepak Tomar, Sukla Biswas, Vinita Tripathi and Rao D.N., Immunobiol. 2006, 211 (10), 797-805 (IF 4.1).
- Inducing systemic and mucosal immune responses to B-T construct of F1 antigen of Yersinia pestis in microsphere delivery, Vinita Tripathi, K.T. Chitralekha, Anand R. Bakshi, Deepak Tomar, R.A. Deshmukh, M.A. Baig and Rao D.N., Vaccine 2006, 24 (16), 3279-3289 (IF 3.6).
- Semen quality and sperm functional parameters in fertile Indian men, P.C. Pal, M. Rajalakshmi, M. Manocha, R.S. Sharma, S. Mittal and Rao D.N. (2006) Andrologia 38, 21-25 (IF 1.3).
- Enhanced mucosal and systemic immune response with intranasal immunization of mice with HIV peptides entrapped in PLGA microparticles in combination with Ulex Europaeus-I lectin as M cell target, M. Manocha, P.C Pal, M. Chitralekha, Beena Elizabeth Thomas, Vinita Tripathi, Sidhartha Dutta Gupta, Ramesh Paranjape, Smita Kulkarni, and Rao D.N. (2005), Vaccine, 23, 5599-5617 (IF 3.6).
- Investigation of the kinetics of histidine-rich protein 2 and of the antibody responses to this antigen, in a group of malaria patients from India, S. Biswas, D. Tomar and Rao D.N. (2005), Annals. Tropical Medicine & Parasitology, 99, 1-10 (IF 1.4).
- Induction of Anti-inflammatory and altered T cell proliferative Responses by the Ethanol Root Extract of Plumbago zeylanica in Adjuvant-Induced Arthritic Rats, Aparanji Poosarla, B. Veerendra Kumar, S. Prasanna Kumar, K. Sreedevi, Rao D.N. and Rama Rao Athota, Pharmbiol., (2005) 43, 9, 784-789 (IF 0 .7).
- Expression of Costimulatory molecules (CD80, CD86, CD28 and CD152) and other accessory molecules (TCRabgd and CD4, CD8) in PBMC of leprosy patients using M. leprae antigen with murabutide and T cell peptide of Trat protein. K. Sridevi, N. Khanna, Chattree .V, and Rao D.N., 2004, Int. Immuno. Pharmac., 4 ,1-14 (IF 3.0).
- Generating neutralizing antibodies, TH1 response and MHC non restricted immunogenicity of HIV-I env and gag peptides in liposomes and ISCOMS with inbuilt adjuvanticity. L. Aggrawal, W. Haq, C.V. Hanson and D.N. Rao, 2003, J. Immune Based Therapies and Vaccines 1 : 5-37 (IF 3.0).
- Reversal of T cell energy in leprosy patients: invitro presentation with M. Leprae specific antigens using Murabutide and Trat peptide in liposomal delivery. K. Sridevi, N. Khanna, K.T Chitralekha and Rao D.N., 2003, Int. Immuno. Pharmac., 3, 1589-1600 (IF 3.1).
- Yersinia Pestis F1 antigen: A Correlation between antibody titers, subclass distribution and avidity in different inbred strains. Sabhnani L, Manocha M , Tomar. D and Rao D N., 2003, Int. Immuno. Pharmac, 3, 1413-1418 (IF 3.0).
- Developing subunit vaccines for plague using B and T cell constructs derived from F1 antigen using novel delivery vehicles. Sabhnani L, Sridevi K , Manocha M , Rayanade R and Rao D N. 2003 FEMS Immunol. Med. Microbiol, 38, 215-229 (IF 2.5).
- Comparing modified and plain peptide linked ELISA for detection of HIV-I and 2 antibodies. Immunol. Lett. M. Manocha, K.T. Chitralekha, M. Thakar, R.S. Paranjape & Rao D.N., 2003 85, 275- 278 (IF 2.5).
- Suppressive effect of honey on induction of antigen or mitogen driven T cell proliferative responses in vitro. Govinda Rao D, Rao D.N. and Rao R Athota. 2002 Pharmac. Biol. 40, 39-44.
- Synthetic peptides as immunoprophylaxis and immunotherapy evtics: Manocha M, Sridevi, K, Deepak. T and Rao D.N., 2002, Proc. Natl Acad. Sci (India), 68, 29-46.
- Stabilization of pancreatic ribonuclease A by immobilization on Sepharose-linked antibodies that recognize the labile region of the enzyme. H.Yonus, M.Owais, Rao, D.N and M.Saleemuddin, 2001 .Biochimica et Biophysics Acta (BBA),1548(1):114-20 (IF 4.7).
- Inducing cell mediated immune response against peptide antigens of circumsporozoite protein of P. vivax. B. E. Thomas, Sridevi K, W. Haq and Rao, D.N., 2001, Annal. Trop. Med. Parasitol., 95:573-86 (IF 1.4).
- Modulation of humoral response to repeat and non repeat sequences of CS protein with novel adjuvant and delivery systems. B.E. Thomas, M.Manocha W. Haq and Rao, D.N., 2001, Annal. Trop. Med. Parasitol., 95(5), 451-472 (IF 1.4).
- Immunomodulation of ovalbumin-specific IgG and other classes of antibody response by honey in mice. G.R. Duddukuri, Vasudeva Rao Y, Rao D.N. and Rao R. Athota Ind. J. Clin. Biochem.2001, 16, 89-94.
- Isolation and characterization of allergens from the seeds of Vigna Sinensis. Raghava T, Rao D.N. Kotilingam K, and Rao R. Athota. 2000 Asian Pacific J. of Allergy and Immunol. 18, 9-14 (IF 0.8).
- Inducing protective antibodies against RESA peptide using modified delivery systems “ISCOMs”. Neeraj Chopra, Beena E. Thomas, L. Sabhnani & Rao, D.N. 2000. Med. Microbiol. Immunol. 189 (2), 75-83 (IF 3.3).
- New age adjuvants and delivery systems for subunit vaccines. Sridevi Kurella, Monika Manocha, Leenu Sabhnani, Beena Thomas, D.N. Rao. 2000. Ind. J. Clin. Biochem. 15, 83-100.
- Humoral and Cell mediated immune response to cadmium in mice: Dan G, Lall S.B and Rao D.N: Drug and Chem. Toxicol. 23, 349-360, 2000 (IF 1.0).
- Identification of immunodominant epitope of F1 antigen of Y. pestis . L. Sabhnani & Rao D.N. FEMS Immunol. Med. Microbiol. 2000, 27: 155-162 (IF 2.5).
- Indocyanin Green Clearance Test to Evaluate the Status of Liver Functions in Extrahepatic Biliary Obstruction in Rats- Dutta H, Rao DN and Gupta DK, J. Ind. Pediatr Surg, 1999, 4: 81-83.
- Studies on double-headed protease inhibitor from phasedens mango. S. Sharma and Rao DN. J. Plant. Biochem. and Biotech. 1999, 8: 57-60.
- Estimation & significance of serum and synovial fluid malondialdehyde levels in rheumatoid arthritis. V. Chaturvedi, R. Handa, Rao.D.N. and J.P. Wali , Ind. J. Med. Res. 1999, 109, 1702-174.
- Increase in the immunogenicity of HIV peptide antigens by chemical linkage of polytuftsin (TKPR)40 into their sequence. K. Gokulan, S. Khare and Rao D.N. DNA and Cell Biology, 1999, 18 (8), 623-26 (IF 2.2).
- Correlation of T-cell response and lymphokine profile with RESA peptides of Plasmodium falciparum containing a universal T-cell epitope and an immunopotentiator, polytuftsin. P. Kumar & Rao, D.N. Microbiol. Immunol. 1999,43(6),567-76 (IF 1.3).
- Potentiation of the Immune response against RESA peptides of Plasmodium falciparum by incorporating a universal T cell epitope (CS.T3) and an immunopotentiator, (Polytuftsin) and delivery through liposomes. P.Kumar, S. Biswas & Rao D.N. Microbiol. Immunol. 1999,43(6),561-66 (IF 1.3).
- Bioactive fragment of human IL-1b (163-171) modulates the immune response to synthetic peptides of RESA of P. falciparum. B. Thomas, A. Prasad, K. Gokulan & Rao, D. N. Med. Microbiol. Immunol. 1999,187,165-171 (IF 3.3).
- Developing peptide based immunogen(s) against structural sequences of HIV-I with inbuilt immunoadjuvants using liposomes and Iscoms as delivery systems . Rao ,D.N., L. Agrawal and L. Sabhnani in Proceedings of International Congress of Immunology . Editors GP Talwar et al Monduzzi editore ,Italy P 873-881 , 1998.
- Influence of iron on growth and extracellular products of Acinetobacter baumannii. Goel, V.K., Kapil, A & Rao, D.N. Japan, J. Med. Sci. Biol. 1998 ,51, 25-33 (IF 0.6).
- Liposomes: Novel delivery system for a subunit immunogen against malaria. Rao, D.N. and Kumar, P in recent trends in Mycoses. 1998.145-157. Edited by Dr. Usha Sharma, CBT, New Delhi.
- Preparation and standardization of the goat lung surfactant extract. Narayana s, Paul, V.K., Rao, D.N., Vijayaraghan, M & Deorari, A.K. Ind. J. Med. Res. 107,113-117, 1998.
- Construction of chimeric immunogens:Bioactive fragment of Human IL-1b or poly tuftsin (PT) capable of eliciting immune reponse to HIV peptides. Gokulan, K., Sangeeta Khare & Rao,D.N. 1998, Ind. J. clin. Biochem. 13,114-121.
- Influence of Immunoadjuvants and a promiscous T cell determinants on the Immunigenicity of RESA peptide antigen of P.falciparum. B. Chaba, P. Kumar, , W.Haq, L. Sabhnani and Rao D.N. Int. J. Immunopharmac,20,259-73,1998 (IF 3.1).
- Role of adjuvants in the development of malaria vaccine. Sabhnani L, Thomas BE, Agarwal L and Rao DN. J. Parasitic. Dis. 21, 141-151, 1997 (IF 1.8).
- Developing peptide based immunogens against human malaria delivered in liposomes containing non-toxic adjuvants. Rao D.N., B. Chaba, P. Kumar, W. Haq and L. Sabhnani. Ind. J. Clin. Biochem. 1997 12,52-54.
- Bioactive fragment of human IL-1 b [163-171] modulates the immune response to synthetic peptides of HIV. K. Gokulan, and Rao D.N. Microbiol. Immunol. 1997.41 ,965-74 (IF 1.3).
- Advantage of dimeric peptide antigens in serodiagnosis of HIV-1 infection. K.Gokulan,S.P. Tripathi and Rao, D. N.. Microbiol. Immunol. 1997. 41, 215-220, 1997 (IF 1.3).
- Modification of delivery system enhances MHC non restricted immunogenicity of V3 loop region of HIV-1 gp120.. Ahulwalia A., Gokulan K., Nath I. and Rao, D.N. Microbiol. Immunol. 41, 779-784, 1997 (IF 1.3).
- Quantitative assessment of tuftsin receptor expression and second messengers during in vitro differentiation of leprosy patients. S. Khare, L.K. Bhutani and Rao,D.N.. Mol.. Cellular Biochem. 171, 1-10, 1997 (IF 2.2).
- Release of reactive nitrogen intermediates from the peripheral blood derived monocytes/ macrophages of leprosy patients stimulated in vitro by tuftsin. Khare S., L.K. Bhutani and Rao, D.N. Lep.Rev. 68, 16-24, 1997 (IF 1.6).
- Immmune response against the non-repeat region of the CS protein of P. Vivax. Shahi S., Kumar P., Kamboj K. and Rao,D.N.. South East Asian J. Trop. Med. Public Health. 28, 748-56,1997.
- Developing novel delivery systems against V3 loop region of HIV-1 gp120. A. Ahluwalia, K. Gokulan, L. Agrawal & Rao D. N. Chem & Environ. Res. 5(1-4) 1996.
- Polytuftsin: Enhances the immunogenicity of peptide variants of CS protein of P. vivax. R. Gayatri Devi, K. Gokulan and Rao, D.N. J.Parasitic Dis. 19, 117-122, 1995 (IF 1.8).
- Immunogenicity of the C-terminal peptide (293-310) of CS protein of Plasmodium vivax as putative B or T cell epitope . S. Shahi, P. Kumar and Rao, D.N. J. Parasitic Dis. 19, 29-34, 1995 (IF 1.8).
- Enhancement of the immunogenicity of the RESA peptides of P.falciparum by polytuftsin and its possible effects and mechanism during macrophage activation. Pawan Kumar, P. Dhawan and Rao, D.N.. Proceedings of the International Symposia on vectors and vector borne diseases, 1995. Edited by Dr. A..P. Dash and Dr. K. Satyanarayan. Published by National Academy of Vector Borne Diseases. pp 212-27.
- Humoral immune response to the Plasmodium falciparum antigen f155/RESA in adults with differential clinical conditions from an Indian Zone where Malaria is endemic. S. Biswas, Rao ,D.N. & L. Kabilan. South East Asian J.Trop. Med. Public Health. 26, 219-227, 1995.
- Polytuftsin augments the immunogenic functions of small peptides. Its possible mechanism. P. Dhawan, I. Nath & Rao,D.N.. Immunology Letters, 46, 177-82,1995 (IF 2.5).
- Construction of synthetic immunogens: Use of T cell epitope and natural immunomodulator in malaria vaccine against P.falciparum. Rao, D.N., P. Kumar and R. Gehlawat. In: Tropical diseases: Molecular biology and control strategies. Edited by Sushil Kumar et al. Published by Publication and Information division, CSIR, New Delhi, 1994 pp 345-55.
- Construction of synthetic immunogen: Use of natural immunomodulator "Polytuftsin" in malaria vaccine against P.falciparum. P. Kumar, B.B. Ivanov, L. Kabilan and Rao, D.N. Vaccine, 12, 819-24, 1994 (IF 3.6).
- Strategies for the development of vaccines against malaria. P. Kumar and Rao, D.N. Imunotechnology Biology Education, Oct-Dec, 220-225, 1993.
- Modulation of peripheral blood derived monocytes/macrophages from leprosy patients using tuftsin for the production of reactive oxygen intermediates. S. Khare, Bhutani, L.K. and Rao, D.N. Lepr. Rev. 64, 208-18 1993 (IF 1.6).
- Modulation of peripheral blood derived monocytes/macrophages from leprosy patients for immunogenic functions in vitro by tuftsin. S. Khare, R.R. Iyer and Rao, D.N Ind. J. Med. Microbiol. 10(3), 164-75, 1992 (IF 0.5).
- Construction of synthetic immunogen: use of T & B cell epitopes of CS and RESA proteins of P.falciparum. Ritu, G. and Rao, D.N.. Vaccine, 10, 761-66, 1992 (IF 3.6).
- Enzyme immunoassay of phagocytosis stimulating tetra-peptide, tuftsin in normal and leprosy sera. Kaur, Jagdeep, S. Khare, L.K. Bhutani and Rao, D.N.. In:Immunology: Perspectives in reproduction and infection. Editor S.K. Gupta. Oxford and IBH Co. Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi, pp 327-35, 1991.
- Enzyme immunoassay of phagocytosis stimulating tetrapeptide, tuftsin in normal and leprosy sera. Kaur, Jagdeep, S. Khare, L.K. Bhutani and Rao, D.N..Int. J. Lepr. 59(4), 576-81, 1991 (IF 2.8).
- Antibodies to plasmodium falciparum Ring Infected Erythrocyte Surface antigen and P. falciparum & P. vivax CS protein. K.J. Manzar and Rao, D.N.. Med. Sci. Res. 19, 345-49, 1991 (IF 1.8).
- Transfusion malaria in operated neurosurgical cases - A report of two cases. A.K. Mahapatra and Rao, D.N..Ind. J. Malariology, 27, 243-45, 1990.
- Effects of tuftsin stimulation on the microbicidal activity exerted by blood monocyte-macrophages of leprosy patients. Iyer, R.R., H.K. Prasad, L.K. Bhutani and Rao, D.N.. Int. J. Immuno. Pharmac. 12, 859-69, 1990 (IF 3.0).
- Modulation of human lepromatous monocyte-macrophage functions in vitro by tuftsin. Iyer, R.R., H.K. Prasad, L.K. Bhutani and Rao, D.N.. Int. J. Immuno. Pharmac. 12, 847-58, 1990 (IF 3.0).
- Detection of human antibodies against Plasmodium falciparum and P. vivax sporozoites using synthetic peptides. K.J. Manjar and Rao, D.N. Med. Sci. Res. 18, 721-23, 1990 (IF 1.8).
- New approaches to molecular vaccines. Kaur, Jagdeep and Rao, D.N. Natl. Med. J. Ind. 3, 58-63, 1990.
- Chemical synthesis and immunological properties of immunodominant peptide of P.falciparum. V. Anuradha and Rao, D.N., Med. Sci. Res. 17, 477-79, 1989 (IF 1.8).
- Chemical synthesis and immunological properties of immunodominant peptide of P.vivax. R. Malini and Rao,D.N., Med. Sci. Res. 17, 473-76, 1989 (IF 1.8).
- A novel synthetic route to a phagocytosis stimulating tetra peptide "Tuftsin". Rao, D.N., Ravi R. Iyer, H.K. Prasad & I. Nath. Med. Sci. Res. 15, 1199-1201, 1987 (IF 1.8).
- An improved immunogenic conjugate of the B-subunit of Human Chorionic Gonadotropin with tetnus toxoid using the SPDP method. Rao, D.N. and Om Singh. Med. Sci.Res. 15(12), 701-03, 1987 (IF 1.8).
- Serum angiotensin-converting enzyme (SACE) activity in sarcoidosis. S.K.Sharma, Rao, D.N., J.N.Panda and J.S. Guleria. Ind. J. Med. Res., 85, 638-44, 1987 (IF 1.5).
- High affinity specific monoclonal antibodies against progesterone. S.K. Gupta, Rao, D.N., C. Das, Elof, D.B. Johanssons and G.P. Talwar. Ind. J. Med. Research, 85, 542-49, 1987 (IF1.5).
- New dimensions in vaccinology- the prospects of synthetic vaccines. Rao, D.N. Biochemical Education, 15, 3-7, 1987.
- Improved immunogenic formulation for antigonadotropin response. N.C. Sharma, Rao, D.N., C. Das and G.P. Talwar. In: Immunological approaches to contraception and promotion of fertility, Edited by Dr. G.P. Talwar, New York, Plenum press, pp. 37-41, 1986.
- Enhancement of antigonadotropin response to subunit of ovine lutenizing hormone by carrier conjugation and combination with subunit of human chorionic gonadotropin. G. P. Talwar, Om Singh, Vinod Singh, Rao, D.N., N.C. Sharma, C. Das and L.V. Rao. Fertility & Sterility, 46, 120-26, 1986.
- Nuclear magnetic resonance and its applications in medicine. Moudgil, K.D., Rao, D.N. and Narang, B.S. Ind. J. Paed. 52, 231-42, 1980 (IF 1.0).
CHAPTERS IN BOOKS
- Preparation of Peptide microspheres using tumor antigen-derived peptides. Bhatnagar S, Naqvi RA, Ali R, Rao DN., Methods Mol Biol., Cancer Vaccine Methods and Protocols, Chapter 42, 2014;1139:443-52. doi: 10.1007/978-1-4939-0345-0-34.
- Handbook of Running, Jogging Brisk Walking & Walking for health A sustainable lifestyle approach edited by Mr. Narain Medury "A chapter on Immune System & Humane Health Effects of Running, jogging and walking, Dr. Vineeta Chattree Kashyap & Rao D.N.
- Trends in Clinical Biochemistry and Laboratory Medicine proceedings of 9th APCCB held at New Delhi, 2002 published by IJCB (ACBI) as Chief Editor.
- Handbook of Practical Biochemistry - Chapter on "Chromatography" published by Prentice Hall of India, Pvt. Ltd. 2002.
- Text book of "Biochemistry and Human Biology". Edited by Dr. L.M. Srivastava et al. Chapter on Mononuclear phagocytes-macrophages. CBS publication, New Delhi, 2002.