Department of Emergency Medicine was established in 2011. It was created with the vision of providing holistic and quality emergency medical care to all those who seek it. The academic programme of the department started in July 2012 with three seats of postgraduates per year. The missions of the department are:
- To provide quality patient care in Emergency Medicine Department
- To provide quality teaching and training to the postgraduates of Emergency Medicine as well as of other disciplines in emergency care.
- To educate and train nurses and paramedics of Emergency Medicine as well as of other departments in providing optimal emergency and acute care.
- To provide quality education to the undergraduate medical and nursing students
- To train doctors, nurses and paramedics from other institutions in emerging areas of Emergency Medicine
- To upgrade the Department to meet the international norms and standards in patient care, education and research.