- About Us
- Departments & Centers
- Digital AIIMS
- Resident's Corner
- Academic Section
- Mission Delhi
Dr. Lata Singh, Ph.D.
Officer-in-charge of Pediatric Laboratory
Office Address: Room No. 3057A, Teaching Block, Department of Pediatrics, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, INDIA
Tel. No. +91-11-26594390 (office)
I work as a molecular biologist. My research in the past 10 years has focused on molecular biology/pathology of retinoblastoma and other ocular tumors. I have joined as a Scientist-II in the Department of Pediatrics, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, INDIA in August 2020.
I have finished my postdoctoral fellowship at University of California, Irvine, USA. The title of my project was ‘Using Human personalized’ CYBRIDS to identify drugs/agents that can regulate CLL Mitochondrial dysfunction’. My overall research interests were to characterize the mitochondria and cellular defects in cybrids with mitochondria from patients with chronic lymphocytic lymphoma and investigate the responses of cancer drugs on these cybrid models.
I completed my Ph.D. Thesis under the supervision of Prof. Seema Kashyap in the Department of Ocular Pathology, Dr. R. P. Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. My Ph.D. research was on mitochondrial biology of intraocular childhood tumor, commonly known as Retinoblastoma. The title of my Ph.D. thesis was ‘Molecular Analysis of Mitochondrial Genes Associated with Tumorigenesis in Retinoblastoma.'
I have finished my National Post-Doctoral Fellowship (N-PDF), SERB, DST from Jamia Millia Islamia and All India Institute of Medical Sciences. My project was entitled ‘Targeting PD-1/PD-L1 Pathway gene in Tumor Microenvironment: New Immunotherapeutic Paradigm for Retinoblastoma and Ocular Malignancies’. I completed this work with Prof. Moshahid Alam Rizvi (Cancer Biologist, Jamia Millia Islamia, INDIA) and Prof. Seema Kashyap (Pathologist, AIIMS, INDIA). My research focused mainly on expression patterns of cytotoxic T lymphocyte-associated antigen 4 (CLTA-4), Programmed death-1 (PD-1) and its ligands PD-L1/PD-L2 in different ocular malignancies, including Retinoblastoma, Uveal melanoma, Sebaceous gland carcinoma, Squamous cell carcinoma and Ocular lymphoma using immunohistochemistry, Real-Time PCR, tissue culture, flow cytometry, western blotting, and ELISA assays.
Broad Area of Research: Pediatric Oncology, Pediatric Rheumatology, Ocular Oncology, Pediatric Diseases
1) Singh L, Atilano SR, Jager MJ, Kenney MC. Mitochondrial DNA Polymorphisms and Biogenesis Genes in Primary and Metastatic Uveal Melanoma Cell Lines. Volumes 256–257, August 2021, Pages 91-99. Accepted in Cancer Genetics 2021.
2) Singh L, Singh MK, Rizvi MA, et al. Prognostic significance of immune checkpoints in the tumour- stromal microenvironment of sebaceous gland carcinoma. Br J Ophthalmol. 2020; bjophthalmol- 2019-315490. doi:10.1136/bjophthalmol-2019-315490
3) Singh L, Singh MK, Rizvi MA, et al. Clinical relevance of the comparative expression of immune checkpoint markers with the clinicopathological findings in patients with primary and chemoreduced retinoblastoma. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2020; 69(6):1087-1099.
4) Singh L, Singh MK, Kenney MC, Jager MJ, Rizvi MA, Meel R, Lomi N, Bakhshi S, Sen S, Kashyap S. Prognostic significance of PD-1/PD-L1 expression in uveal melanoma: correlation with tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes and clinicopathological parameters. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2020 Nov 2.
5) Salimiaghdam N, Singh L, Schneider K, Chwa M, Atilano SR, Nalbandian A, Limb GA, Kenney MC. Effects of fluoroquinolones and tetracyclines on mitochondria of human retinal MIO-M1 cells. Exp Eye Res. 2022 Jan;214:108857. doi: 10.1016/j.exer.2021.108857. Epub 2021 Nov 29. PMID: 34856207.
6) Salimiaghdam N, Singh L, Schneider K, Nalbandian A, Chwa M, Atilano SR, Bao A, Kenney MC. Potential adverse effects of ciprofloxacin and tetracycline on ARPE-19 cell lines. BMJ Open Ophthalmol. 2020 Jul 21;5 (1): e000458.
7) Navarosh J, Pushker N, Xess I, Singh L, Bajaj MS, Kashyap S, Thakar A. Correlation of Serum Galactomannan Antigen with Diagnosis and Response to Voriconazole in Orbital/Sino-orbital Invasive Aspergillosis. Int Ophthalmol. 2021 Jun 10. doi: 10.1007/s10792-021-01848-4.
8) Jha J, Singh MK, Singh L, Pushker N, Lomi N, Meel R, Chosdol K, Sen S, Bakhshi S, Kashyap S. Association of TYRP1 with hypoxia and its correlation with patient outcome in uveal melanoma. Clin Transl Oncol. 2021 Apr 3.
9) Kashyap S, Singh MK, Jha J, Singh L, Pushker N, Sen S, Venkatesh P, Meel R, Lomi N. Prognostic impact of HERC2 protein and pink-eyed dilution protein in uveal melanoma. Hum Cell 2020 Jul 19. doi: 10.1007/s13577-020-00397-9
10) Kashyap S, Singh L, Kumar N, Singh MK, Pushker N, Sen S, Lomi N, Meel R, Chawla B, Bakhshi
S. Combined association of Massive choroidal and Optic nerve invasion as a prognostic relevance in Primary Retinoblastoma: A 10 year study. Asia Pac J Clin Oncol. 2020 Jul 25.
11) Singh MK, Singh L, Chosdol K, et al. Differential expression of p52 and RelB proteins in the metastatic and non-metastatic groups of uveal melanoma with patient outcome. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2019; 145(12):2969-2982.
12) Singh L, Saini N, Pushker N, Bakhshi S, Sen S, Nag TC, Kashyap S. Mutational Analysis of the Mitochondrial DNA Displacement-Loop Region in Human Retinoblastoma with Patient Outcome. Pathol Oncol Res. 2019; 25(2):503-512
13) Singh L, Kashyap S. Review Article: Update on the pathology of Retinoblastoma. Int J Ophthalmol. 2018; 11(12):2011-2016
|Prof Pran N Taneja||1960 - 1962|
|Prof Om P Ghai||1962 - 1989|
|Prof Meharban Singh||1989 - 1997|
|Prof Vimlesh Seth||1997 - 2001|
|Prof Veena Kalra||2001 - 2008|
|Prof Vinod K Paul||2008 - 2017|
|Prof Ashok K Deorari||2017 - Till Date|
Division of Pediatric Pulmonology and Intensive Care
Leading center for pediatric pulmonology in South Asia. The division is providing state of art services to children with all respiratory diseases. It was first center to start DM course in “Pediatric Pulmonology and Intensive Care” in India. It provides long term and short term training to fellows from India and neighbouring countries including Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Iran. The division is running Module based annual workshops. It is conducting periodical asthma training module (ATM), Respiratory Tract Infection Group Education Module (RTIGEM), Tuberculosis Module, Cystic Fibrosis module, reading Chest X Ray module and Cough module for residents.
The division provides high-level care to critically ill children. The 8-bedded PICU is well equipped with various monitoring and therapeutic modalities. The unit provides training to MD residents, DM fellows, and nurses. The unit also provides training to MD residents and DM residents from other departments as well as fellows from other states and neighbouring countries. The unit is involved in multiple research projects including RCTs. We are also involved in organizing workshops and capacity building for various cadres.
Dr SK Kabra, MD
Designation: Professor, Division of Pediatric Pulmonology and Intensive Care, Department of Pediatrics
Office address: 3067, Teaching Block, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi 110029
Areas of interest: Pediatric Pulmonology
Dr Rakesh Lodha, MD
Designation: Professor, Division of Pediatric Pulmonology and Intensive Care, Department of Pediatrics
Office Address: 3061A, Teaching Block, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi 110029
Areas of interest: Pediatric intensive care, sepsis, Dengue, HIV
Dr Jhuma Sankar, MD
Designation: Additional Professor, Division of Pediatric Pulmonology and Intensive Care, Department of Pediatrics
Office Address: 3056, Teaching Block, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi 110029
Areas of interest: Sepsis and septic shock
Dr Kana Ram Jat, MD, FCCP, MAMS
Designation: Additional Professor, Division of Pediatric Pulmonology and Intensive Care, Department of Pediatrics
Office Address: 7, Ground floor, Old OT Block, near Nursing College, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi 110029
Areas of interest: Pediatric Pulmonology
Current DM (Pediatric Pulmonology and Intensive Care) students:
Other team members:
What diseases/conditions do we treat?
Division is providing OPD services to all general Pediatric patients. It hasspecial clinic, Pediatric Chest Clinic (PCC), once a week dealing with respiratory diseases like asthma, cystic fibrosis cystic fibrosis, interstitial lung disease, primary ciliary dyskinesia, bronchiectasis, congenital airway and lung malformations, primary and secondary immune deficiency disorders including HIV infection. The division is also running once a week Tuberculosis clinic that provides care to drug sensitive as well as drug resistant tuberculosis in children.
First and largest centre of India providing specialized care to children with cystic fibrosis since 1994. Till now more than 700 children with CF are enrolled in our services.
PICU provides care to the critically ill children with diseases involving various organ systems apart from severe infections. The common conditions include severe respiratory infections, ARDS, shock, septic shock, various organ failures and multiple organ dysfunction.
Key Publications of the division
1) Essential Pediatric Pulmonology Ed IV
2) Case Based Reviews in Pediatric Pulmonology
3) Pediatric Intensive Care Protocols of AIIMS Ed 8
4) Essential Pediatric Tuberculosis Ed 4
Our programs and services:
The division is running DM course in Pediatric Pulmonology and Intensive care and first batch successfully completed course in Dec 2018.
The specialized services provided are:
1) Pulmonary Function Test: Newborn to adults including spirometry, impulse oscillometry, infant pulmonary function test, plethysmography, and diffusion lung capacity (DLCO).
2) Bronchoscopy and EBUS/ EUS: for all age groups.
3) Sweat test by indigenously developed method.
4) Allergy Tests: skin tests and total IgE, Specific IgE, Specific IgG for selected antigens
5) Exercise test
6) High Speed Video Microscopy, Nasal NO, FENO,
7) 24 hours esophageal pH monitoring.
8) Intervention bronchology services in development as of now being provided in consultation with Department of Pulmonology, Sleep disorders and Critical care AIIMS
Broad research areas:
The division had >30 extramural research projects (generated >12 crores funding) completed or ongoing on acute respiratory infections, asthma, cystic fibrosis, air pollution, respiratory health, sepsis, septic shock, ARDS, Scoring systems, diaphragmatic functions in critically ill, COVID-19 and MISC, antimicrobial resistance etc.
A cohort of newborn is being followed up for >6 years for ARI and respiratory health. A cohort of asthma is being followed up for >7 years. We have completed 2 multicentre RCTs in pediatric critical care and have ongoing projects funded by DST and ICMR.
ICMR Center for Advance Research in Pediatric Pulmonology (CF, PCD, ILD, infection in immunodeficiency disorders, Strengthening of services in country).
Collaborations (national/ international) if we have:
IGIB, THSTI. We have collaboration with THSTI for ongoing projects on septic shock and with IIIT Delhi. We have been actively collaborating with PALISI group, USA in multicenter studies in global health.
Professor SK Kabra, Head of the division of Pediatric Pulmonology.
Prof Kabra has been at the forefront of research and patient care in Pediatric pulmonology in India and is a world renown leader in this field. He has pioneering work in cystic fibrosis and tuberculosis to his credit. Currently he is the head of pediatric pulmonology and TB unit at the department of Pediatrics AIIMS.
Dr Kana Ram Jat is an Assistant Professor in the division of Pediatric Pulmonology at AIIMS, New Delhi. Dr Kana Ram did his MBBS from SMS Jaipur and MD Pediatrics from Maulana Azad Medical College. He is currently looking after pediatric respiratory diseases including asthma, allergic disorders, interstitial lung disease, suppurative lung disease including cystic fibrosis and primary ciliary dyskinesia, preschool wheezing etc. He has several national and International publications and awards to his credit.Publications from Pediatric Pulmonology and Intensive Care
1. Angrup A, Chaudhry R, Sharma S, Valavane A, Passi K, Padmaja K, et al. Application of real-time quantitative polymerase chain reaction assay to detect Legionella pneumophila in patients of community-acquired pneumonia in a tertiary care hospital. Indian J Med Microbiol 2016;34:539-43.
2. Chandele A, Sewatanon J, Gunisetty S, Singla M, Onlamoon N, Akondy RS, Kissick HT, Nayak K, Reddy ES, Kalam H, Kumar D, Verma A, Panda H, Wang S, Angkasekwinai N, Pattanapanyasat K, Chokephaibulkit K, Medigeshi GR, Lodha R, Kabra S, Ahmed R, Murali-Krishna K. Characterization of human CD8 T cell responses in dengue virus infected patients from India. J Virol. 2016. pii: JVI.01424-16.
3. Dhooria S, Madan K, Pattabhiraman V, Sehgal IS, Mehta R, Vishwanath G, Srinivasan A, Sivaramakrishnan M, Mohan A, Mathew JL, Kabra SK, Guleria R, BeheraD, Agarwal R. A multicenter study on the utility and safety of EBUS-TBNA and EUS-B-FNA in children. Pediatr Pulmonol. 2016 ;51:1031-1039.
4.Gupta N, Chaudhry R, Kabra SK, Lodha R, Mirdha BR, Das BK, Dey AB, Sreenivas V. Comparative evaluation of serological and molecular methods for the diagnosis of scrub typhus in Indian settings. Jpn J Infect Dis. 2017; 70: 221-222.
5. Gupta N, Chaudhry R, Kabra SK, Lodha R, Mirdha BR, Das BK, Wig N, Sreenivas V. In Search of Scrub Typhus: A Prospective Analysis of Clinical and Epidemiological Profile of Patients from a Tertiary Care Hospital in New Delhi. Advances in Infectious Diseases, 2015, 5, 140-147
6. Gupta N, Chaudhry R, Mirdha BR, Das BK, Dar L, Kabra Sk, Lodha R, Dey A, Sood R, Wig N, Sreenivas V. Scrub Typhus and Leptospirosis: The fallacy of Diagnosing with IgM Enzyme Linked Immunosorbant Assay. J Microb Biochem Technol 2016, 8:2
7. Jat KR, Kaur J, Guglani V. Vitamin D and pneumonia in children: a case control study. J Pulm Med Respir Res. 2016; 2: 004.
8. Jat KR, Khairwa A. Vitamin D and Asthma in Children: a systematic review and meta-analysis of observational studies. Lung India, 2017 ; 47: 77-84.
9. Jat KR. Vitamin D and lower respiratory tract infection in children: A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Clin Pulm Med 2016;23: 157-162.
10. Jat KR. Vitamin D deficiency and lower respiratory tract infections in children: A systematic review and meta-analysis of observational studies. Trop Doct. 2017 ; 47: 77-84
11. Jenum S, Bakken R, Dhanasekaran S, Mukherjee A, Lodha R, Singh S, Singh V, Haks MC, Ottenhoff TH, Kabra SK, Doherty TM, Ritz C, Grewal HM. BLR1 and FCGR1A transcripts in peripheral blood associate with the extent of intrathoracic tuberculosis in children and predict treatment outcome. Sci Rep. 2016; 6:38841.
12. K Shah S, Lodha R. Vitamin D deficiency and parathyroid response in critically-ill children: Authors Reply. Indian Pediatr. 2016; 53: 1115-1116.
13. Kar M, Singla M, Chandele A, Kabra SK, Lodha R, Medigeshi GR. Dengue virus entry and replication does not lead to productive infection in platelets. Open Forum Infect Dis. 2017;4:ofx051.
14. Kavitha TK, Gupta N, Kabra SK, Lodha R. Association of Serum Vitamin D Levels with Level of Control of Childhood Asthma. Indian Pediatr. 2017;54:29-32.
15. Kumar P, Medigeshi GR, Mishra VS, Islam M, Randev S, Mukherjee A, Chaudhry R, Kapil A, Jat KR, Lodha R, Kabra SK. Etiology of Acute Respiratory Infections in Infants: A Prospective Birth Cohort Study. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2017; 36:25-30.
16. Lodha R, Randev S, Kabra SK. Oral Antibiotics for Community acquired Pneumonia with Chest indrawing in Children Aged Below Five Years: A Systematic Review. Indian Pediatr. 2016;53:489-495.
17. Makhdoomi MA, Singh D, Nair Pananghat A, Lodha R, Kabra SK, Luthra K. Neutralization resistant HIV-1 primary isolates from antiretroviral naïve chronically infected children in India. Virology. 2016;499:105-113.
18. Mukherjee A, Lodha R. Writing the results. Indian Pediatr. 2016; 53: 409-15.
19. Mukherjee A, Velpandian T, Singla M, Kanhiya K, Kabra SK, Lodha R. Pharmacokinetics of isoniazid, rifampicin, pyrazinamide and ethambutol in HIV-infected Indian children. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2016;20: 666-72.
20. Narsaria P, Sankar J, Lodha R. Fatal Outcome of Accidental Vitamin D Overdose.Indian J Pediatr. 2016;83:1040.
21. Pai G, Shah SK, Pal A, Joshi P, Dhimal HP, Kabra SK. Disseminated BCG disease with unusual manifestations Pediatric Infectious Disease 2016; 8: 81–83.
22. Pananghat AN, Aggarwal H, Prakash SS, Makhdoomi MA, Singh R, Lodha R, Ali S, Srinivas M, Das BK, Pandey RM, Kabra SK, Luthra K. IL-8 Alterations in HIV-1 Infected Children With Disease Progression. Medicine (Baltimore). 2016 ; 95:e3734.
23. Prajapati S, Upadhyay K, Mukherjee A, Kabra SK, Lodha R, Singh V, Grewal HM, Singh S; Delhi Pediatric TB Study Group. High prevalence of primary drug resistance in children with intrathoracic tuberculosis in India. Paediatr Int Child Health. 2016;36:214-8.
24. Sankar J, Ismail J, Das R, Dev N, Chitkara A, Sankar MJ. Effect of severe vitamin D deficiency at admission on shock reversal in children with septic shock. J Intensive Care Med 2017 Jan 1:885066617699802.
25. Sankar J, Lotha W, Ismail J, Anubhuti C, Meena RS, Sankar MJ. Vitamin D deficiency and length of pediatric intensive care unit stay: a prospective observational study. Ann Intensive Care 2016; 6:3
26. Shah SK, Irshad M, Gupta N, Kabra SK, Lodha R. Hypophosphatemia in critically ill children: risk factors, outcome and mechanism. Indian J Pediatr. 2016; 83: 1379-1385.
27. Shah SK, Kabra SK, Gupta N, Pai G, Lodha R. Vitamin D Deficiency and Parathyroid Response in Critically-ill Children: Association with Illness Severity and Clinical Outcomes. Indian Pediatr. 2016;53:479-484.
28. Shah SK, Lodha R. Is Vitamin D deficiency linked to critical illness?: Authors Reply. Indian Pediatr. 2017; 54: 161.
29. Singh A, Mandal A, Seth Rachna, Kabra SK. Noma in a child with acute leukemia: when the ‘face of poverty’finds an ally. BMJ case reports. 2016 Jan 6;2016:.
30. Singh A, Mandal A, Seth Rachna. Herpes virus induced bullous lesions in a child with acute leukemia . Herpes virus induced bullous lesions in a child with acute leukemia. Indian J Paediatr Dermatol 2016;17:21-3.
31. Singh A, Nandan D, Dewan V, Sankar J. Comparison of clinical effects ofbeclomethasone dipropionate& budesonide in treatment of children with mildpersistent asthma: A double-blind, randomized, controlled study. Indian J Med Res. 2016;144:250-257.
32. Sodhi J, Satpathy S, Sharma DK, Lodha R, Kapil A, Wadhwa N, Gupta SK. Healthcare associated infections in Paediatric Intensive Care Unit of a tertiary care hospital in India: Hospital stay & extra costs. Indian J Med Res. 2016;143:502-6.
33. Tomar S, Lodha R, Das B, Sood S, Kapil A. Risk factors for central line associated bloodstream infections. Indian Pediatr. 2016;53:790-792.
34. Tripathi A, Kabra SK, Sachdev HP, Lodha R. Home visits by community health workers to improve identification of serious illness and care seeking in newborns and young infants from low- and middle-income countries. J Perinatol. 2016; 36 Suppl 1:S74-82. 35. Verma A, Chandele A, Nayak K, Kaja MK, Arulandu A, Lodha R, Ray P. High yield expression and purification of Chikungunya virus E2 recombinant protein and its evaluation for serodiagnosis. J Virol Methods. 2016; 235:73-9.
1. Achra A, Narsaria P, Lodha R, Kabra SK, Kapil A. Procalcitonin in pediatric intensive care unit of a tertiary care hospital. Clin Epidemiol Glob Health.2016;, 016/j.cegh.2016.01.001.
2. Bagri NK, Jose B, Shah SK, Bhutia TD, Kabra SK, Lodha R. BImpact of Malnutrition on the Outcome of Critically Ill Children. Indian J Peditr 2015; 82:601-5.
3. Bush A, Kabra SK. Editorial: Advances in Pediatric Pulmonology. Indian J Pediatr. Indian J Pediatr. 2015; 82:715-6
4. Bush A, Kabra SK. Editorial: New Techniques for Old and New Diseases. Indian J Pediatr. 2015; 82: 930-1.
5. Chauhan RC, Rai SK, Kant S, Lodha R, Kumar N, Singh N. Burden Among Caregivers of Children Living with Human Immunodeficiency Virus in North India. N Am J Med Sci. 2016; 8:129-33.
6. Das RR, Sankar J, Sankar MJ. Sick Neonate Score: Better than Others in Resource Restricted Settings? Indian J Pediatr. 2016; 83:97-8.
7. Gupta AK, Lodha R, Kabra SK. Non Cystic Fibrosis Bronchiectasis. Indian J Pediatr. 2015; 82:938-44.
8. Ismail J, Sankar J. Systemic Inflammatory Response Syndrome (SIRS) and Sepsis - An Ever-evolving Paradigm. Indian J Pediatr. 2015; 82:675-6.
9. Jat KR, Chawla D. Surfactant therapy for bronchiolitis in critically ill infants. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2015; 24:8.
10. Jat KR, Kabra SK. Obesity and Pulmonary Function Tests. Indian J Pediatr 2015; 82:1089–1090
11. Jat KR, Walia DK, Khairwa A. Anti-IgE therapy for allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis in people with cystic fibrosis. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2015; 4;11:CD010288.
13. Jenum S, Dhanasekaran S, Lodha R, Mukherjee A, Kumar Saini D, Singh S, Singh V, Medigeshi G, Haks MC, Ottenhoff TH, Doherty TM, Kabra SK, Ritz C, Grewal HM. Approaching a diagnostic point-of-care test for pediatric tuberculosis through evaluation of immune biomarkers across the clinical disease spectrum. Sci Rep. 2016 ; 4;6:18520..
14. Jose B, Lodha R, Kabra SK. Comparison of Two New Generation Pulse Oximeters with Arterial Oxygen Saturation in Critically Ill Children: Authors' Reply. Indian J Pediatr. 2015 ; 82:667.
15. Kabra SK, Bush A. Editorial: Old Problems and New Solutions in Pediatric Pulmonology. Indian J Pediatr. 2015; 82:825-6.
16. Kabra SK, Lodha R. Ventilator-Associated Pneumonia in Pediatric Intensive Care Unit: Authors' Reply. Indian J Pediatr. 2015; 82:664.
17. Khandelwal D, Gupta N, Mukherjee A, Lodha R, Singh V, Grewal HM, Bhatnagar S, Singh S, Kabra SK; Delhi Pediatric TB Study Group. Authors' responses. Indian J Med Res. 2015; 141:842-3.
18. Khandelwal P, Sharma S, Bhardwaj S, Thergaonkar RW, Sinha A, Hari P, Lodha R, Bagga A. Experience with continuous renal replacement therapy. Indian J Pediatr. 2015; 82: 752-4
19. Kir D, Gupta S, Jolly G, Kalaivani M, Lodha R, Kabra SK. Health Related Quality of Life in Indian Children with Cystic Fibrosis. Indian Pediatr. 2015; 52:403-408.
20. Kumar J, Gupta AK, Singh G, Kale P, Xess I, Seth R, Mukherjee A, Lodha R, Kabra SK. Spontaneous remission of acute myeloblastic leukemia with improvement in CD 4 counts in HIV infected child co-infested with Demodex Mite. Pediatric Infectious Disease 2015; 7: 102-104.
21. Kumar P, Kumar A, Lodha R, Kabra SK. Childhood tuberculosis in general practice. Indian J Pediatr. 2015; 82 :368-74.
22. Kumar P, Mehta P, Ismail J, Agarwala S, Jana M, Lodha R, Kabra SK. Brocho-biliary fistula: A rare complication after ruptured liver abscess in a 3½ year old child. Lung India 2015; 32: 489-91.
23. Lodha R, Kabra SK. Dengue Infection: Challenges and Way Forward. Indian J Pediatr. 2015; 82:1077-9.
24. Lodha R. Nutritional Rehabilitation of Children with Severe Acute Malnutrition. Indian J Pediatr. 2016 ; 83:1-2.
25. Madan K, Garg P, Kabra SK, Mohan A, Guleria R. Transesophageal Bronchoscopic Ultrasound-guided Fine-needle Aspiration (EUS-B-FNA) in a 3-Year-Old Child. J Bronchology Interv Pulmonol. 2015; 22: 347-50.
26. Mandal A, Kabra SK, Lodha R. Cystic fibrosis in India: Present Past and Future. J Pulm Med Respir Res 2015; 1: 002.
27. Mandal A, Kabra SK, Lodha R. Upper Airway Obstruction in Children. Indian J Pediatr. Indian J Pediatr. 2015; 82:737-44.
28. Mandal A, Mukherjee A, Lakshmy R, Kabra SK, Lodha R. Dyslipidemia in HIV infected Children Receiving Highly Active Antiretroviral Therapy. Indian J Pediatr. 2016; 83:226-31.
29. Mukherjee A, Khandelwal D, Singla M, Lodha R, Kabra SK. Outcomes of Category II anti-tuberculosis treatment in Indian children. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2015 ; 19:1153-7.
30. Sahi PK, Shastri S, Lodha R, Gupta N, Pandey RM, Kabra SK, Kabra M. ADRB2 Polymorphism and Salbutamol Responsiveness in Northern Indian Children with Mild to Moderate Exacerbation of Asthma. Indian Pediatrics 2016; 53: 211-215.
31. Saini I, Dawman L, Gupta Neerja, Kabra SK. Biological agents in JIA. Indian Pediatrics. 2016; 53: 260-261.
32. Sankar J, Lotha W, Ismail J, Anubhuti C, Meena RS, Sankar MJ. Vitamin D deficiency and length of pediatric intensive care unit stay: a prospective observational study. Ann Intensive Care. 2016; 6:3.
33. Sankar J, Sankar MJ. The authors reply. Pediatr Crit Care Med. 2015; 16:390.
34. Sankar J, Shukla A, Dubey N, Sankar MJ. Can inferior vena cava saturations beused instead of ScvO2 in children with septic shock? Intensive Care Med. 2015; 41:1141-2.
35. Sankar J, Singh A, Narsaria P, Dev N, Singh P, Dubey N. Prehospital transport practices prevalent among patients presenting to the pediatric emergency of a tertiary care hospital. Indian J Crit Care Med. 2015; 19:474-8
36. Sankar J. Acute physiology and chronic health evaluation II for critically ill children? Indian J Crit Care Med. 2015; 19:446-8.
37. Seth R, Selvam P, Jain R, Gosh R, Arun J, Lodha R. Langerhans cell histiocytosis in a pediatric HIV patient. Virus disease. 2015; 26:200-2.
38. Shah SK, Lodha R. Implications of Vitamin D Deficiency in Critically Ill Children. Indian J Pediatr. 2015; 82:977-9.
39. Sharma G, Lodha R, Shastri S, Saini S, Kapil A, Singla M, et al.. Zinc Supplementation for One Year Among Children with Cystic Fibrosis Does Not Decrease Pulmonary Infection. Respir Care. 2016; 61:78-84.
40. Singh A, Mandal A, Seth R, Kabra SK. Noma in a child with acute leukaemia: when the ‘face of poverty’finds an ally. BMJ case reports. 2016 ; 6.
41. Singh P, Wadhwa N, Lodha R, Sommerfelt H, Aneja S, Natchu UC, Chandra J, Rath B, Sharma VK, Kumari M, Saini S, Kabra SK, Bhatnagar S, Strand TA. Predictors of Time to Recovery in Infants with Probable Serious Bacterial Infection. PLoS One. 2015; 10: e0124594.
42. Singh S, Dhawan B, Kapil A, Kabra SK, Suri A, Sreenivas V. Nosocomial bloodstream infection caused by staphylococcus haemolyticus antimicrobial resistance and molecular characterization. Journal Patient Safety & Infection Control 2015; 3: 45.
43. Singh S, Singh A, Prajapati S, Kabra SK, Lodha R, Mukherjee A, Singh V, Hesseling AC, Grewal HM; Delhi Pediatric TB study group. Xpert MTB/RIF assay can be used on archived gastric aspirate and induced sputum samples for sensitive diagnosis of paediatric tuberculosis. BMC Microbiol. 2015; 15:191.
44. Singh Y, Mirdha BR, Guleria R, Khalil S, Panda A, Chaudhry R, Mohan A, Kabra SK, Kumar L, Agarwal SK. Molecular detection of DHFR gene polymorphisms in Pneumocystis jirovecii isolates from Indian patients. J Infect Dev Ctries. 2015; 9:1250-1256.
45. Singla M, Kar M, Sethi T, Kabra SK, Lodha R, Chandele A, Medigeshi GR. Immune Response to Dengue Virus Infection in Pediatric Patients in New Delhi, India-Association of Viremia, Inflammatory Mediators and Monocytes with Disease Severity. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2016;10:e0004497.
46. Tomar S, Lodha R, Das B, Kapil A. Hand Hygiene Compliance of Healthcare Workers in a Pediatric Intensive Care Unit. Indian Pediatr. 2015; 5:620-1.
47. Tripathi A, Kabra SK, Sachdev HP, Lodha R. Mortality and Other Outcomes in Relation to First Hour Fluid Resuscitation Rate: A Systematic Review. Indian Pediatr. 2015; 52:965-972.
1. Bure D, Makhdoomi MA, Lodha R, Prakash SS, Kumar R, Parray HA, et al. Mutations in the reverse transcriptase and protease genes of human immunodeficiency virus-1 from antiretroviral naïve and treated pediatric patients. Viruses. 2015;7:590-603.
2. Das CK, Mirdha BR, Singh S, Seth R, Bagga A, Lodha R, Kabra SK. Use of Induced sputum to determine the prevalence of Pneumocystis jirovecii in immunocompromised children with pneumonia. J Trop Pediatr. 2014;60:216-22.
3. Das RR, Sami A, Seth R, Nandan D, Kabra SK, Suri V. Thoracic neuroblastoma presenting as recurrent empyema. Natl Med J India. 2014; 27: 84-5.
4. Das RR, Sankar J, Naik SS. Efficacy and safety of diosmectite in acute childhood diarrhoea: a meta-analysis. Arch Dis Child. 2015. pii: archdischild-2014-307632.
5. Dev N, Gadpayle AK, Sankar J, Choudhary M. An unusual case of heart failure due to Plasmodium vivax infection with a favorable outcome. Rev Soc Bras Med Trop. 2014; 47: 663-5.
6. Gnanaguru V, Kabra SK, Lodha R. Ventilator-Associated Pneumonia in Pediatric Intensive Care Unit. Indian J Pediatr. 2014; 81: 1145-6
7. Ismail J, Dawman L, Sankar J. Hypocalcemia, parathyroid hormone and calcitonin levels - association in critically ill children. Indian J Pediatr. 2015;8 2: 210-1.
8. Jat KR, Mathew JL. Continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) for acute bronchiolitis in children. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2015 Jan 7;1:CD010473. doi: 10.1002/14651858.CD010473.
9. Kaur J, Kabra S K, Lodha R, Agarwal M K, Kalaivani M. Association of Aeroallergen Sensitization with Asthma Severity and Treatment. Pediatric Allergy Immunology Pulmonol 2013; 26: 187-192.
10. Kaushik JS, Chakrabarty B, Gulati S, Patel H, Lodha R, Pai G, Kumar A. Unusual late neurological complication in a child after an Indian krait bite. Pediatr Neurol. 2014;51:130-2.
11. Khandelwal D, Gupta N, Mukherjee A, Lodha R, Singh V, Grewal HM, Bhatnagar S, Singh S, Kabra SK; Delhi Pediatric TB Study Group. Vitamin D levels in Indian children with intrathoracic tuberculosis. Indian J Med Res. 2014 ;140:531-7.
12. Khera R, Jain S, Lodha R, Ramakrishnan S. Gender bias in child care and child health: global patterns. Arch Dis Child. 2014;99:369-74.
13. Kumar A, Kumar P, Lodha R, Kabra SK. Non cystic fibrosis bronchiectasis in children: clinical profile, etiology and outcome. Indian Pediatr. 2015;52:35-7.
14. Kumar P, Lodha R, Kabra SK. Immunology of tuberculosis. Indian J Pract Pediatrics 2014; 16: 31-38.
15. Kumar S, Kumar R, Makhdoomi M, Khan L, Prakash SS, Thiruvengadam R, Singla M, Lodha R, Kabra SK, Sinha S, Luthra K. Production of cross neutralizing single chain fragment variables (scFv) from HIV-1 infected Indian children BMC Infectious Diseases 2014, 14 (Suppl 3):E25
16. Kushwaha KP, Sankar J, Sankar MJ, Gupta A, Dadhich JP, Gupta YP et al. Effect of peer counselling by mother support groups on infant and young child feeding practices: the Lalitpur experience. PLoS One. 2014; 9: e109181.
17. Lodha R, Kabra SK. Health & nutritional status of HIV infected children. Indian J Medical Resaerch 2015; 141: 10-12.
18. Lodha R, Shah N, Mohari N, Mukherjee A, Vajpayee M, Singh R, Singla M, Saini S, Bhatnagar S, Kabra S. Immunologic effect of zinc supplementation in HIV infected children receiving highly active antiretroviral therapy: A randomized, double blind placebo controlled trial. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2014; 66: 386-92.
19. Mandal A, Kabra SK. Sweat Chloride Levels in Asthma. Indian J Pediatr. 2015;82:103-4.
20. Mathew JL, Lodha R, Sharma S. VATS or urokinase for treatment of empyema? Indian Pediatr. 2015; 52:57-9.
21. Mukherjee A, Shah N, Singh R, Vajpayee M, Kabra SK, Lodha R. Outcome of highly active antiretroviral therapy in HIV- infected Indian children. BMC Infect Dis. 2014; 14: 2.
22. Mukherjee A, Velpandian T, Singla M, Kanhiya K, Kabra SK, Lodha R. Pharmacokinetics of isoniazid, rifampicin, pyrazinamide and ethambutol in Indian children. BMC Infect Dis. 2015;1 5: 862.
23. Narsaria P, Lodha R. Isn't it time to stop using 0.18% saline in dextrose solutions for intravenous maintenance fluid therapy in children? Indian Pediatr. 2014;51:964-6.
24. Raj D, Kabra SK, Lodha R. Childhood Obesity and Risk of Allergy or Asthma. Immunol Allergy Clin North Am. 2014; 34: 753-765
25. Raj D, Sharma GK, Lodha R, Kabra SK. Correlation between impulse oscillometry and spirometry parameters in Indian patients with cystic fibrosis. Chron Respir Dis. 2014; 11: 139-149.
26. Sankar J, Das RR, Jain A, Dewangan S, Khilnani P, Yadav D, Dubey N. Prevalence and outcome of diastolic dysfunction in children with fluid refractory septic shock--a prospective observational study. Pediatr Crit Care Med. 2014;15:e370-8..
27. Sankar J, Lodha R, Kabra SK. Parental Stress in Pediatric Intensive Care Unit: How Do We Cope With It? Indian J Pediatr. 2014; 81: 1141-2.
28. Sankar J, Sankar MJ, Suresh CP, Dubey NK, Singh A. Early goal-directed therapy in pediatric septic shock: comparison of outcomes "with" and "without" intermittent superior venacaval oxygen saturation monitoring: a prospective cohort study*. Pediatr Crit Care Med. 2014; 15: e157-67.
29. Sankar J, Singh A, Sankar MJ, Joghee S, Dewangan S, Dubey N. Pediatric Index of Mortality and PIM2 scores have good calibration in a large cohort of children from a developing country. Biomed Res Int. 2014; 2014:907871.
30. Sharma VK, Raj D, Xess I, Lodha R, Kabra SK. Prevalence and risk factors for allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis in Indian children with cystic fibrosis. Indian Pediatr. 2014;51:295-7.
2013-141. Sankhyan N, Lodha R, Sharma S, Menon PR, Choudhary A, Kabra SK, Gulati S. Peripheral neuropathy in children on stauvudine therapy. Indian J Pediatr. 2015 ; 82:136-9.
2. Bade G, Gupta S, Kabra SK, Talwar A. Slower rise of exhaled breath temperature in cystic fibrosis. Indian Pediatr. 2015;52:125-7.
3. Kumar A, Lodha R, Kumar P, Kabra SK. Non-cystic fibrosis bronchiectasis in children: clinical profile, etiology and outcome. Indian Pediatr. 2015;52:35-7.
4. Singh S, Dey B, Sachdeva KS, Kabra SK, Chopra KK, Chaudhary VK, Sharma P, Katoch VM. Challenges in tuberculosis diagnosis and management: recommendations of the expert panel. J Lab Physicians. 2015;7:1-3.
5. Mukherjee A, Shah N, Singh R, Vajpayee M, Kabra SK, Lodha R. Outcome of highly active antiretroviral therapy in HIV-infected Indian children. BMC Infect Dis. 2014; 14: 701.
6. 10: Jose B, Lodha R, Kabra SK. Comparison of two new generation pulse oximeters with arterial oxygen saturation in critically ill children. Indian J Pediatr. 2014 ; 81: 1297-301.
7. Lodha R, Mukherjee A, Singh V, Singh S, Friis H, Faurholt-Jepsen D, Bhatnagar S, Saini S, Kabra SK, Grewal HM; Delhi Pediatric TB Study Group. Effect of micronutrient supplementation on treatment outcomes in children with intrathoracic tuberculosis: a randomized controlled trial. Am J Clin Nutr. 2014;100:1287-97.
8. 12: Raj D, Kabra SK, Lodha R. Childhood obesity and risk of allergy or asthma. Immunol Allergy Clin North Am. 2014;34:753-65.
9. Sankar J, Lodha R, Kabra SK. Parental stress in pediatric intensive care unit: how do we cope with it? Indian J Pediatr. 2014; 81:1141-2.
10. Khandelwal D, Gupta N, Mukherjee A, Lodha R, Singh V, Grewal HM, Bhatnagar S, Singh S, Kabra SK; Delhi Pediatric TB Study Group. Vitamin D levels in Indian children with intrathoracic tuberculosis. Indian J Med Res. 2014; 140:531-7.
11. Sharma VK, Kakkar A, Lodha R, Suri V, Kabra SK. HIV with juvenile dermatomyositis. Indian J Pediatr. 2014;81:926-8.
12. Raj D, Bhutia TD, Mathur S, Kabra SK, Lodha R. Pulmonary alveolar proteinosis secondary to Pneumocystis jiroveci infection in an infant with common variable immunodeficiency. Indian J Pediatr. 2014;81:929-31.
13. Lodha R, Shah N, Mohari N, Mukherjee A, Vajpayee M, Singh R, Singla M, Saini S, Bhatnagar S, Kabra SK. Immunologic effect of zinc supplementation in HIV-infected children receiving highly active antiretroviral therapy: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2014;66:386-92.
14. Panda SS, Agarwala S, Kabra SK, Bhatnagar V. A survey of pulmonary function abnormalities following thoracotomy. Indian J Pediatr. 2014;81:660-4.
15. 20: Raj D, Sharma GK, Lodha R, Kabra SK. Correlation between impulse oscillometry and spirometry parameters in Indian patients with cystic fibrosis. Chron Respir Dis. 2014;11:139-149.
16. Dahiya S, Kapil A, Lodha R, Kumar R, Das BK, Sood S, Kabra SK. Induction of resistant mutants of Salmonella enterica serotype Typhi under ciprofloxacin selective pressure. Indian J Med Res. 2014;139:746-53.
17. Dawman L, Kabra SK. Kawasaki disease: unusual clinical manifestations. Indian J Pediatr. 2014;81:325-7.
18. Sharma VK, Raj D, Xess I, Lodha R, Kabra SK. Prevalence and risk factors for allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis in Indian children with cystic fibrosis.Indian Pediatr. 2014 ;51:295-7.
1. Arun JJ, Lodha R, Kabra SK. Bronchodilatory effect of inhaled budesonide/formoterol and budesonide/salbutamol in acute asthma: A double-blind,randomized controlled trial. BMC Pediatr. 2012; 12: 21.
2. Bhatnagar S, Wadhwa N, Aneja S, Lodha R, Kabra SK, Natchu UC, Sommerfelt H, Dutta AK, Chandra J, Rath B, Sharma M, Sharma VK, Kumari M, Strand TA. Zinc as adjunct treatment in infants aged between 7 and 120 days with probable serious bacterial infection: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Lancet. 2012; 379 (9831): 2072-8.
3. Bhutia TD, Lodha R, Kabra SK. Abnormalities in glucose homeostasis in critically Ill children. Pediatr Crit Care Med. 2013; 14:e16-25.
4. Bothra M, Lodha R, Kabra M, Kabra SK. Cystic fibrosis- when to suspect and how to manage. Indian J Pract Pediatrics 2012; 14: 284-93.
5. 5. Chakrabarty B, Kabra SK, Gulati S, Toteja GS, Lodha R, Kabra M, Pandey RM, Srivastava A. Peripheral Neuropathy in cystic fibrosis: A prevalence study. Submitted to Journal Cystic Fibrosis 2012; 49: 936.
6. Cuevas LE, Browning R, Bossuyt P, Casenghi M, Cotton MF, Cruz AT, Dodd LE, Drobniewski F, Gale M, Graham SM, Grzemska M, Heinrich N, Hesseling AC, Huebner R, Jean-Philippe P, Kabra SK, Kampmann B, Lewinsohn D, Li M, Lienhardt C, Mandalakas AM, Marais BJ, Menzies HJ, Montepiedra G, Mwansambo C, Oberhelman R, Palumbo P, Russek-Cohen E, Shapiro DE, Smith B, Soto-Castellares G, Starke JR, Swaminathan S, Wingfield C, Worrell C. Evaluation of tuberculosis diagnostics in children: 2. Methodological issues for conducting and reporting research evaluations of tuberculosis diagnostics for intrathoracic tuberculosis in children. Consensus from an expert panel. J Infect Dis. 2012; 205 Suppl 2:S209-15.
7. Graham SM, Ahmed T, Amanullah F, Browning R, Cardenas V, Casenghi M, Cuevas LE, Gale M, Gie RP, Grzemska M, Handelsman E, Hatherill M, Hesseling AC, Jean-Philippe P, Kampmann B, Kabra SK, Lienhardt C, Lighter-Fisher J, Madhi S, Makhene M, Marais BJ, McNeeley DF, Menzies H, Mitchell C, Modi S, Mofenson L, Musoke P, Nachman S, Powell C, Rigaud M, Rouzier V, Starke JR, Swaminathan S, Wingfield C. Evaluation of tuberculosis diagnostics in children: 1. Proposed clinical case definitions for classification of intrathoracic tuberculosis disease. Consensus from an expert panel. J Infect Dis. 2012; 205 Suppl 2:S199-208.
8. Kabra SK, Lodha R, Mehta P. 50 years of Pediatric Pulmonology, Progress and Future. Indian Pediatr. 2013; 50: 99-103.
9. Lodha R, Manglani M. Antiretroviral therapy in children: recent advances. Indian J Pediatr. 2012; 79: 1625-33.
10. Lodha R, Menon PR. Acute respiratory distress syndrome in children: Fortunately uncommon! Crit Care Med. 2012; 40: 3325-6.
11. Lodha R, Shah D. Prevention of rotavirus diarrhea in India: Is vaccination the only strategy? Indian Pediatr 2012; 49: 441-3.
12. Mehta P, Sinha A, Sami A, Hari P, Kalaivani M, Gulati A, Kabra M, Kabra SK, Lodha R, Bagga A. Incidence of acute kidney injury in hospitalized children. Indian Pediatr. 2012 ; 49: 537-42.
13. Mete M, Singhal T, Rodrigues C, Patil S, Kabra S. Tuberculosis – how long to treat? Pediatric Infectious Disease 2012; 4: 81-86.
14. Mohari N, Raj D, Lodha R, Kabra SK. Prolonged High-Frequency Oscillatory Ventilation in Tubercular Multifocal Cystic Lung Disease. Respir Care.2012 ; 57: 2111-4
15. Mukherjee A, Lodha R, Kabra SK. Recent advances in diagnosis of tuberculosis. Pediatric Infectious Disease 2012; 4: 45-50.
16. Mukherjee A, Lodha R, Kabra SK. Status and Current Role of 'Interferon Gamma Release Assays' vs. 'Tuberculin Skin Testing' in Diagnosis of Tubercular Disease. Indian J Pediatr. 2013; 80: 334-36.
17. Prakash SS, Andrabi R, Kumar R, Lodha R, Kabra SK, Vajpayee M, Luthra K. Antibodies that cross-neutralize the tier-2 pseudoviruses are produced in antiretroviral-naïve HIV-1-infected children from northern India. Arch Virol. 2012; 157: 1797-801.
18. Prakash SS, Kalra R, Lodha R, Kabra SK, Luthra K. Diversity of HIV Type 1 Envelope (V3-V5) Sequence in HIV Type 1-Infected Indian Children. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2012; 28: 505-9.
19. Raj D, Lodha R. Intricacies of Body Temperature Measurement. Indian J Pediatr.2013;80(3):249-51.
20. Ray P, Ratagiri VH, Kabra SK, Lodha R, Sharma S, et al. Chikungunya Infection in India: Results of a Prospective Hospital Based Multi-Centric Study. PLoS ONE 2012;7(2): e30025.
21. Sankar J, Chandel A, Dubey NK, Sreenivas V, Sankar MJ. Do interventions in an ICU affect the predictive ability of pediatric index of mortality and pediatric index of mortality-2 scores in a tertiary care hospital? Pediatr Crit Care Med. 2013; 14:e70-6.
22. Sankar J, Pillai MS, Sankar MJ, Lodha R, Kabra SK. Clinical profile of interstitial lung disease in Indian children. Indian Pediatr. 2013; 50: 127-33.
23. Sankaran PS, Andrabi R, Kumar R, Lodha R, Kabra SK, Vajpayee M, Luthra K. Cross-clade neutralization potential of the plasma of antiretroviral naïve HIV-1 infected children from north India. BMC Infectious Diseases 2012, 12(Suppl 1):P87.
24. Sebastian MR, Lodha R, Kapil A, Kabra SK. Oral mucosal decontamination with chlorhexidine for the prevention of ventilator-associated pneumonia in children-A randomized, controlled trial. Pediatr Crit Care Med. 2012; 13: e305-10.
25. Sinha A, Krishnan V, Sethi T, Roy S, Ghosh B, Lodha R, Kabra S, Agrawal A.Metabolomic signatures in nuclear magnetic resonance spectra of exhaled breath condensate identify asthma. Eur Respir J. 2012; 39: 500-2.
26. Uppal P, Bothra M, Seth R, Iyer V, Kabra SK. Clinical Profile of Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis at a Tertiary Centre: A Prospective Study. Indian J Pediatr.2012;79: 1463-7.