Name : Dr. Arti Kapil
Designation : Professor
Tel- 91 11 26594237
- M.B.B.S. from IGMC, Shimla and M.D. from PGIMER, Chandigarh in 1988.
- Dr. Kapil is the in-charge of Bacteriology Laboratory and member of the Hospital Infection control Committee. Her interest in research is related to hospital acquired infections and antimicrobial resistance in Salmonella Typhi.
- Awarded International Ambassador 2011 by the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of American (SHEA) for work related to hospital infection control.
- Mechanisms of resistance to Ciprofloxacin in Salmonela typhi( ICMR, New Delhi) (2008-2010). Funded by Indian Council of Medical Research, New Delhi. Funds: Rs. 12 lacs
- Multi-Center study on Antimicrobial Resistance Monitoring of SalmonellaTyphi and SalmonellaParatyphi A – An attempt to make national guidelines on antibiotic policy to treat Enteric fever. (2010-13) Funded by Indian Council of Medical Research, New Delhi. Funds: Rs. 30 lacs
- Point of care (POC) Test for Diagnosis of Typhoid Fever using Immunochromatography Procedure (ICP) (2010-11) Funded by DRDO, GOvt. of India, Ministry of Defence. Funds 2.5 lacs
- Development of Nanosilver Nanohydrogels for Biomedical Applications with the Department of Chemical Engineering, IIT New Delhi) (2009-2012).
PUBLICATIONS in 2010-11 (of 142)
- Gupta A, Kapil A, Lodha R, Kabra SK, Sood S, Dhawan B, Das BK, Sreenivas V. Burden of healthcare-associated infections in a paediatric intensive care unit of a developing country: a single centre experience using active surveillance. J Hosp Infect. 2011 Jun 13.
- Khilnani GC, Arafath TK, Hadda V, Kapil A, Sood S, Sharma SK., Comparison of bronchoscopic and non-bronchoscopic techniques for diagnosis of ventilator associated pneumonia., . Indian J Crit Care Med. 2011 Jan; 15(1):16-23.
- Saikia KK, Bewal R, Bansal D, Kapil A, Sood S, Arora NK, Das BK., Multi locus sequence type comparison of invasive and commensal Haemophilus influenzae isolates from Delhi., Indian J Med Microbiol. 2011 Apr-Jun; 29(2):158-60.
- Vashist J, Tiwari V, Das R, Kapil A, Rajeswari MR., Analysis of penicillin-binding proteins (PBPs) in carbapenem resistant Acinetobacter baumannii, Indian J Med Res. 2011 ;133(3):332-8.
- Asati DP, Sharma VK, Khandpur S, Khilnani GC, Kapil A., Clinical and bacteriological profile and outcome of sepsis in dermatology ward in tertiary care center in New Delhi.,Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol. 2011; 77(2):141-7.
- Ghosh I, Raina V, Kumar L, Sharma A, Bakhshi S, Thulkar S, Kapil A., Profile of infections and outcome in high-risk febrile neutropenia: experience from a tertiary care cancer center in India., Med Oncol. 2011; Feb 20.
- Saxena S, Ray AR, Kapil A, Pavon-Djavid G, Letourneur D, Gupta B, Meddahi-Pellé A., Development of a new polypropylene-based suture: plasma grafting, surface treatment, characterization, and biocompatibility studies., Macromol Biosci. 2011; 11 (3):373-82.
- Rastogi V, Nirwan PS, Jain S, Kapil A., Nosocomial outbreak of septicaemia in neonatal intensive care unit due to extended spectrum β-lactamase producing Klebsiella pneumoniae showing multiple mechanisms of drug resistance., Indian J Med Microbiol. 2010; 28(4):380-4.
- Gupta A, Hote MP, Choudhury M, Kapil A, Bisoi AK.Comparison of 48 h and 72 h of prophylactic antibiotic therapy in adult cardiac surgery: a randomized double blind controlled trial. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2010; 65(5):1036-41.
- Mohanty S, Sood S, Kapil A, Interobserver variation in the interpretation of Nugent scoring method for diagnosis of bacterial vaginosis. Mittal S.Indian J Med Res. 2010; 131:88-91.