AIDS Education & Training Cell
"AIDS Education & Training Cell" was established at Center for Community Medicine in November 1998. This cell is in continuation of the erstwhile NGO-AIDS cell which has ceased to exist w.e.f. September-October 1998.
This Cell runs a Telephonic Helpline called "Shubhchintak"(Phone No. 91-11- 265 88 333) which works from 10AM to 5PM on all working days and answers queries of the clients about HIV/AIDS, sexuality issues and problems and family-life education. This service came into force from December 1, i.e. World AIDS Day, 1998.
Recently we have launched an Internet based helpline called "e-Shubhchintak". This can be accessed by visiting the web site www.aiims.edu
Objectives and Activities of this Cell are –
- Preparation, printing and dissemination of educational /awareness material (Print, Audio & Video) on HIV/AIDS, Sex Education & Family Life Education amongst the identified communities/groups.
- Conduction of training programmes on HIV/AIDS and Family Life Education for School and College Students, Communities and other identified groups.
- Co-ordination and interactions with various NGOs working in the area of HIV/AIDS and Family Life Education and providing them necessary technical inputs for their functioning.
- Provide Educational & Counselling services in the areas of HIV/AIDS, Sex Education and Family Life Education.
- Conduction of AIR/ T.V. Programmes in English/Hindi on HIV/AIDS, Sex Education, Family Life and Sexual Problems.
With effect from December 1, (World AIDS Day), 1998 this cell has also started a Helpline called Shubhchintak (Phone No. 91-11-265 88 333) which works from 10.00 AM to 5.00 PM and answers queries of clients about HIV/AIDS, Sexuality issues & problems and family life education. This helpline being individualised and interactive has already become hugely popular and on an average receives 32 calls per day. Recently we have launched an Internet based helpline called "e-Shubhchintak". This can be accessed by visiting the web site www.aiims.edu
Four of the latest publications of the AIDS Education & Training Cell are shown in the AIDS CELL main page:
If you have any query on HIV/AIDS prevention, blood tests for HIV etc., you can also ask the same at this e-mail address :