Prof. Balram Bhargava
(Chief C.T.Centre & H.O.D Cardiology)
Chief, Cardio-Thoracic Sciences Centre
Cardiothoracic Sciences Centre began functioning in the new building in 1982. The Centre has 200 beds exclusively for Cardiology and Cardiovascular Surgery with all the ancilliary facilities required for comprehensive care for all cardiovascular disorders. In 1986 the Centre became fully independent and functioned entirely from the new 7 floor building. The Cardiothoracic Sciences Centre has the following departments.
- Cardiac Anaesthesia and Critical Care
- Cardiac Pathology
- Cardiac Radiology
- Cardiothoracic & Vascular Surgery
- Cardiac Biochemistry
- ORBO & Stem Cell Facility
- Hospital Administration (CNC)
- Nuclear Medicine
- Blood Transfusion Services (BTS, CNC)
Professor N. Gopinath was the founder and first Chief of Cardiothoracic Centre. He was followed by Professor M.L. Bhatia, Professor R. Tandon , Professor P. Venugopal, Professor A. Sampath Kumar, Professor Balram Airan and currently Professor Vinay Kumar Bahl.
There are eight fully equipped operating rooms with the state-of-art technology to carry out all kinds of complex cardiothoracic and vascular procedures 24X7 through out the year accessible and affordable to everyone. Total bed capacity (136) under CTVS in General ward is distributed in 1st, 4th, 5th and 6thfloors of Cardiothoracic sciences center of which
• 1st floor comprises of eight CTVS Operating Rooms complex along with two intensive care units with 34 beds and 8 beds exclusively for the neonatal and infant intensive care.
• 5th floor (CT5 ward) consists of dedicated step-down high dependency unit with 38 beds.
• 6th floor (CT6 ward) consists of 12 beds exclusively for the neonatal, infants and pediatric cardiac surgical care.
• 4th floor consists of 44 beds for the general cardiac surgical care.
• Two beds in CT 5 and CT 4 wards are kept exclusively ready always to manage preoperative and post operative Cardiac Transplant Patients.
• In addition, there are 14 private rooms (paying wards) both for Cardiology and Cardiovascular surgery in C.N.Tower.
• The office of the faculty are on the 7th floor, CT Center.
• Contact Number: 011-2659-4835; 011-2659-3373
Dept. of CTVS
Dept. of Cardiology
Deptt. of Cardiac-Anaesthesia
|Dr. Usha Kiran||Professor & HOD||9868398100|
|Dr. Sandeep Chauhan||Professor||9868398101|
|Dr. Neeti Makhija||Professor||9868398102|
|Dr. Poonam Malhotra||Professor||9868398103|
|Dr. Minati Choudhary||Professor||9868398104|
|Dr.Sambhnath Das||Additional Professor||9868398105|
|Dr. Parag Gharde||Additional Professor||9868398106|
|Dr. Vishwas Malik||Additional Professor||9868398107|
|Dr. Suruchi Hasija||Assistant Professor||9868398107|
|Dr. Arindam Choudhury||Assistant Professor||9868398107|
Deptt. of Cardiac Pathology
|Dr. Ruma Ray||Professor|
Deptt. of Cardiac Radiology
|Dr. Sanjiv Sharma||Prof. & HOD||9868398119|
|Dr. Gurpreet Gulati||Asstt. Prof.||9868398118|
|Dr. Priya Jagia||Asstt. Prof.||9868398117|
Deptt. of Cardiac Biochemistry
|Dr. R. Lakshmy||Asstt. Prof.|
|Dr. Vivekananda||Asstt. Prof.|
ORBO & Stem Cell Facility
|Dr. Aarti Vij (ORBO)||Addl. Prof.|
|Dr. Sujata Mohanty(Stem Cell)||Asstt. Prof.|
Hospital Administration (CNC)
|Dr. Aarti Vij||Addl. Prof.|
Deptt. of Nuclear Medicine
|Dr. A. Malhotra||Professor & HOD|
|Dr. Chetan Patal||Asstt. Prof.|