Professor In Charge:- Dr. P. P. Kotwal
The All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) was established in New Delhi, India in 1956 through as an institution of national importance to serve as a nucleus for development of excellence in all aspects of health care system in India.
Computer Facility was created in the institute in 1978 as unit in the Department of Biophysics. At the point, computerization was on a small scale and was catering only to Biophysics. In 1987, the institute decided to augment the facility and Computer Facility was created and became operational in full scale in Jan'1989. This facility is engaged in teaching, research, thesis guidance and computerization of patient care activities.