DR. RAJEEV SHARMA
M.B.B.S., M.S., M.Ch.
Assistant Professor, Neurosurgery,
All India Institute of Medical Sciences
New Delhi, India.
Brief Profile -
Dr Rajeev Sharma has an excellent academic and surgical record. After completing his MS, surgery from Government Medical College & Hospital, Nagpur, in 2007; he worked as Senior Resident, Neurosurgery for 1 year in Dr RML Hospital, New Delhi; GB Pant Hospital, New Delhi; and Lok Nayak Hospital, New Delhi. In August 2008, he joined M.Ch. Neurosurgery residency( 3 years) course at National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences, (NIMHANS), Bangalore, India. After finishing his M Ch residency in July 2011, he has worked as Senior Resident, Neurosurgery in NIMHANS, Bangalore, India for 1 year. He has worked as faculty in PGIMER, Dr RML Hospital, New Delhi for 17 months before joining as Neurosurgery faculty at AIIMS, New Delhi. He is well versed in all aspects of Neurosurgical care. He has presented his work at various meetings in India and has several publications to his credit in various national and international journals.
Education & Training:
M.B.B.S. – Government Medical College & Hospital, Aurangabad, Maharashtra.
M.S. – Government Medical College & Hospital, Nagpur, Maharashtra.
M.Ch. Neurosurgery (3 years course) – National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences, (NIMHANS), Bangalore, India. Special courses:
“National Trauma Management Course” organised by Academy of Traumatology (INDIA), IATSIC, and ISCCM on April 29-30, 2006.
“Bleeding Management in Neurosurgery” conducted by Ethicon Institute of Surgical Education, Delhi on August 4, 2007.
“Craniovertebral fusion workshop” (cadaver and live demonstration) on 8-9 November, 2012 organised by Department of Neurosurgery, Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher medical Sciences, Bangalore, India.
Degenerative Spine Course (DePuy Synthes spine) on 9-10 March 2013.
Posterior cervical spine course (DePuy Synthes Spine) on 8 March, 2014.
Areas of Interest -
Cerebrovascular & Skull base surgery
Spine – Craniovertebral junction,Cervical and lumbar spine diseases, Degenerative spinal diseases, Complex spinal trauma & Minimally Invasive Spinal
Surgery Research Interests:
Traumatic brain injuries
Subarachnoid haemorrhage, aneurysms, cavernomas
Neural tube defects
Neurosurgery Unit II – Total 48 inpatients + Private ward v OPD days – Tuesday & Friday, 9.00-13.00 hrs, Room No.15, Ground floor, CNT OPD.
Inpatient : NSICU –B , NSICU –C -1st floor , C N Center NS-2 Ward – 2nd floor, C N Center
Operation Theater- NS-OT , 1st floor, C N center
1) Rajeev Sharma, Praveen Saligouda, Dhananjaya I Bhat, B Indira Devi. Compound elevated skull fracture mimicking a frontotemporoorbitozygomatic craniotomy flap. Neurology India 2012;60(4):448-9.
2) Rajeev Sharma, Arun Kumar, Dhananjaya I Bhat, B Indira Devi. Compound elevated skull fractures in adults: a series of five patients and review of literature. Indian Journal of Neurotrauma 2012;9:112-6.
3) Rajeev Sharma, B A Chandramouli, Ravi Mohan Rao. Ventral foramen magnum neurenteric cyst presenting as acute rapidly progressive quadriparesis and respiratory compromise: a case report and review of literature. Neurology India 2013;61(2):187-9.
4) Dhaval Shukla, Rajeev Sharma, Bhagavatula Indira Devi, Somanna Sampath. Rostral basilar artery syndrome following transsphenoidal surgery- a report of 4 cases. Acta neurochirurgica 2013;155:1633-6.
5) Rajeev Sharma, B A Chandramouli, Prateek Nayak. Nasal encephalocele with herniated anterior cerebral arteries in an adult- a technical case report with special emphasis on technique of management of herniated cerebral vessels. Neurology India 2013;61(5):80-1.
6) Rajeev Sharma, Dwarakanath Srinivas, Somanna Sampath. Giant cerebral cavernous malformation causing raised intracranial pressure in an adult: Case report and review of literature. Indian Journal of Neurosurgery 2013;2(3):42-4.
7) Rajeev Sharma, Harisha Poomagame Narasimhamurthy, Somanna Sampath. Intradural extramedullary dorsal spinal tuberculoma: a manifestation of paradoxical response to antitubercular chemotherapy. Indian Journal of Neurosurgery 2013;2(3):58-9.
8) Rajeev Sharma, Banwari Lal Bairwa, Meenakshi Bhardwaj, Laxmi Naraian Gupta. Primary intracranial mesenchymal chondrosarcoma mimicking meningioma. Indian Journal of Neurosurgery 2014;3(2):132-4.
1) Low back pain- myths and misbelieves- evidence based. presented in Neuro CME organised by Shakti Neurosciences centre at Bluebird resort, Hisar on 19 October, 2013.
1) Head injury awareness lecture in Dept of social work, Bhim Rao Ambedkar College, YamunaVihar, Delhi on 28 October, 2014.
1) Life member of Neurological society of India. 2) Life member of Delhi Neurological association. 3) Member of Bangalore Neurological society.