Dr Manmohan Singh
Assistant Professor, Neurosurgery
Office Phone No. : 011-26588700-ext 4914
Personal Profile: Born on 9th October 1972. Graduated from Govt. Medical College Amritsar in 1993. Completed internship in 1994 in the same institute. Achieved M.S. (Surgery) degree in 1997 from Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) Chandigarh and received Silver Medal for topping M.S (Surgery) exam. Thereafter worked as Senior Resident (General Surgery) in PGIMER. Joined AIIMS as MCh Neurosurgery candidate in July 1999 and finished in 2002 May. In June 2003 Joined AIIMS as Assistant Professor Neurosurgery.
Primary area of interest: Skull base, Vascular and Brachial Plexus surgery apart from Neuro-oncology and spine.
Unit: Neurosurgery unit-II
OPD Schedule: Tuesday and Saturday 9.00 am-1.00pm
1. Principal investigator in ongoing international multicentric multinational trial: CRASH-2 (A large randomized placebo controlled trail among trauma patients with or at risk of significant haemorrhage, of the effect of antifibrinolytic treatment on death and transfusion requirement)
Till now have enrolled 21 patients
2. AP12009-G004 in Recurrent Grade III-IV glioma-A multinational and multicentric double blind randomized trial. Sponsored by Antisense Pharma-Germany. Period Dec. 2003 – June 2006 Mahapatra AK, Julka PK, Suri A, Kale SS, Singh Manmohan
- Singh Manmohan, Mahapatra A.K. Pediatric head injury. Asian Archives of Anesthesiology & Resuscitation 2004 (Vol LX 1): March 859-866.
- Singh Manmohan, Mahapatra A.K. Traumatic psudoaneurysm of cavernous internal carotid artery following trans nasal endoscopic decompression of optic nerve. Indian J Neurotrauma. 2004; Vol 1. No.2: 59-61.
- T Rizvi, A Garg, M Singh, M C Sharma. Large intracranial mass with a calcified rim- Is it a brain abscess? Pediatr Neurosurg 2005; 41: 112-114
- Singh M, F U Ahmed, A K Mahapatra. Intraoperative development of contralateral extradural hematoma during evacuation of traumatic acute subdural hematoma_ a rare cause of malignant brain bulge during surgery. Ind J Neurotrauma 2005; vol2(2): 139-140
- Singh Manmohan, F U Ahmed, A K Mahapatra. Traumatic middle meningeal artery pseudoaneurysm causing intracerebral hematoma: a case report and review of literature. Surg Neurol. 2006 Sep; 66(3):321-3; discussion 323.
- Singh Manmohan, Vaishya S, Mehta VS. Economics of head injuries. Neurol India. 2006 Mar; 54(1):78-80
- Manish K Kasliwal, M Singh, A K Mahapatra. Giant cervical pseudomeningocoele following traumatic brachial plexus injury. JOURNAL OF CLINICAL NEUROSCIENCE (A)
- Jain D, Sharma M C, Sarkar C, Gupta D, Singh M, Mahapatra A K. Comparative analysis of diagnostic accuracy of different brain biopsy procedures. Neurol India 2006 Dec; 54(4): 394-398
- D. Jain · M. Sharma · C. Sarkar · V. Suri · A. Garg · M. Singh · B. Sharma · A. Mahapatra. Clear cell Meningioma, an uncommon variant of meningioma: a clinicopathologic study of nine cases. Journal of Neuro-Onology(A)
- A. Mridha · M. Sharma · C. Sarkar · A. Garg · M. Singh · V. Suri Anaplastic ependymoma with cartilaginous and osseous metaplasia: report of a rare case and review of literature Journal of Neuro-Oncology (A)