- Mandal P, Parmar A, Ambekar A, Dhawan A. Substance use among treatment seeking Indian adolescent girls: Are they unique? Asian J Psychiatr. 2019 Mar;41:17-19. doi: 10.1016/j.ajp.2019.03.007. Epub 2019 Mar 6
- Chawla N, Mandal P, Chatterjee B, Dhawan A. Tramadol associated pica: A case report. Psychiatry clin Neurosci. 2019;73(1):43. doi: 10.1111/pcn.12789. Epub 2018 Dec 2.
- Mandal P, Dhawan A. Interventions in individuals with specific needs. Indian J Psychiatry2018,60(8): 553-58
- Dhawan A, Mandal P. Preventive strategies for substance use. Indian J Soc Psychiatry2017,33(2):108-11
- Ambekar A, Parmar P. Tirthani S, Mandal P. Profile of women substance users seeking treatment at tertiary care treatment centre: A retrospective chart review study. J Subst Use 2017, 22( 5): 507-10.doi.10.1080/14659891.2016.1255792
- Mandal P, Parmar P. Tirthani S, Ambekar A. Profile of elderly women seeking treatment for substance use disorders at a tertiary care treatment centre. J Subst Use 2017,22(3):353-55.doi.org/10.1080/14659891.2016.1217092
- Parmar A, Mandal P, Tripathi M, Sagar R Escitalopram Induced Hyponatremia. ASEAN J Psychiatry 2016, 17 (2): 254-57
- Gupta P, Mandal P, Singh D, Pattanayak RD, Bhargava R, Anju Dhawan A. Detection of Optic Neuropathy and 3-month Follow-up of an Adolescent Inhalant User: Are we Paying Enough Attention? Indian J Psychol Med. 2016; 38(5): 486–88.doi: 10.4103/0253-7176.191390
- Rao R, Mandal P , Gupta R, Ramshankar P , Mishra A , Ambekar A , Jhanjee S, Dhawan A. Factors Affecting Drug Use During Incarceration: A Cross-Sectional Study of Opioid-Dependent Persons from India. J Subst Abuse Treat. 2016;(61):13–7
- MandalP,Prakash S."Tramadol: a good option for management of opioid withdrawal syndrome in developing countries." J Subst Use, 2016,21(4) : 339–40
- Pal A, Parmar A, Mandal P, Sagar R. A case of persistent delusional disorder: Role of dimensions of delusion reappraised. J Mental Health Human Behav. 2016; 21(1): 64-5
- Mandal P, Jain R, Jhanjee S, Sreenivas V. Psychological Barriers to Tobacco Cessation in Indian Buprenorphine-Naloxone Maintained Patients: A Pilot Study. Indian J Psychol Med. 2015 Jul-Sep; 37(3): 299–304. doi: 10.4103/0253-7176.162944
- Prakash S, Mandal P. Is dhat syndrome indeed a culturally determined form of depression? Ind J Psychol Med 2015; 37(1):108-9
- Prakash S, Mandal P. Drug trials in psychiatry: Methodological issues. Asian J Psychiatry. 2014; 8:109-10.
- Prakash S, Mandal P. Is the DSM-5 position on dhat syndrome justified?Asian J Psychiatry. 2014; 12:155-57.DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ajp.2014.08.006
- Prakash S, Mandal P. Psychiatry’s dilemma: A poorly valid symptom based classification versus a yet infantile neuroscience based classification. Asian J Psychiatry. 2014;13:83-4
- Prakash S, Mandal P. Dhat syndrome: An extremely unusual presentation. World Cul Psych Res Rev World Cultural Psychiatry Research Review 2014; 9 (3): 140-3
- Prakash S, Mandal P. Medically Unexplained Somatic Symptoms – Diagnostic and Treatment Issues in the Indian Subcontinent. Am J Psychiatry.2014; 171(11):1158-9.
- Gupta A, Mandal P, Rachna Bhargava R, Pattanayak RD, Sagar R, Dhawan A.Marked Exacerbation of ADHD After Onset of Inhalant Use: A Case Report. J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci. 2014 26(4): E6-E7
- Mandal P, Prakash S, Sagar R. Primary caregivers of schizophrenia outpatients: burden and its correlates. Delhi Psychiatry J. 2014; 17(2):343-8.
- Prakash S, Mandal P.Is the DSM-5 position on dhat syndrome justified? Asian J psychiatry. 2014, 27(12):155-7.
- Mandal P, Prakash S. Stigma of mental disorders and role of nursing professionals: A developing country perspective. J nursing & care. 2014; 3(5):190. http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/2167-1168.1000190
- Mandal P, Prakash S. Methodological considerations in studying psycho-social aspects of suicide. Ind J psychiatry. 2014; 56 (2):208-9.
- Prakash S, Mandal P. Improving somatic health in severe mental illness. Acta Psychiatr Scand. 2014; 129(3):236-7.
- Prakash S, Mandal P. Natural Disasters, Armed Conflict, and Public Health. N Eng J Med. 2014; 370(8):783.
- Srivastava P, Mandal P, Mehta M, Sagar R. Psychological Intervention in a Case of Bulimia Nervosa: A Case Report. Psychol Studies. 2014; 59(1):68–75.
- Prakash S, Mandal P. Culture bound syndromes: Nosological and management issues. Ind J Psychiatry 2014; 56(1):99.
- Mandal P, S. Arumuganathan, Rajesh Sagar, Pakhi Srivastava. A Classical Case of Bulimia Nervosa from India. Indian J Psychol Med .2013; 35 (3): 309-10.
- Mandal P, Prakash S, Deb KS. Schizophrenia caregivers’ burden: Need to look deeper. Asian J Psychiatry. 2013 Oct; 6(5):428.
- Mandal P, Pal A, Sagar R. Common mental disorders-A review. J Mental Health Human Behav 2013,8(2):6-14
- Prakash S, Mandal P, Sagar R. Paroxetine in the treatment of recurrent brief depressive disorder. J Pharmacol Pharmacother. 2013; 4(4): 288–290.
- Thapa R, Mallick D, Mandal P, Ghosh A. Neuroblastoma masquerading as juvenile idiopathic arthritis. Indian J Pediatrics. 2007; 74(4): 421-422
Abstract published in indexed journals
- Parmar A, Mandal P, Ambekar A, Dhawan A. Substance use among female adolescents seeking treatment: A study from a tertiary care substance use treatment centre. Indian J Soc Psychiatry. 2018.Accepted for publication
- Mandal P, Varshney M, Das N, Dhawan A. Profile of adolescent opioid users seeking treatment at a national level addiction treatment centre. Indian J Psychiatry. 2018; 60: S-151
- Jhanjee S, Jain R, Mandal P. E-cigarettes in adolescents: Issues and challenges. Indian J Soc Psychiatry. 2018; 60:S-43
- Mandal P, Kuppili PP, Bhargava R, Pattanayak RD, Dhawan A. Clinical profile and retention on pharmacological treatment among opioid dependent adolescents: A retrospective chart review. The Indian J Ped. 2017;SS-1:118
- Sharma S, Mandal P, Mongia M, Ambekar A. Barriers to Treatment and Psychosocial Complications of Prescription Opioid Dependence in Women in Indian Context: A Case Report and Brief Review. Indian J Soc Psychiatry 2017, 33: S-14
- Kamran A, Garg H, Varshney M, Agrawal A, Dayal P, Mandal P, Ambekar A. Iatrogenic Opioid Use Disorder In A Young Woman: A Case Report With Unique Clinical Characteristics. Indian J Psychiatry. 2017; 59(S2): 239
- Shah B, Yadav P, Ambekar A, Mandal P. Gender Sensitive Substance Use Treatment Services: Challenges and Opportunities. Indian J Psychiatry 2016;58(S1): S41
- Bhargava R, Mandal P, Gupta A, Dhawan A. Psychosocial Determinants of Drop-Out From Treatment At Child & Adolescent Clinic of National Drug Dependence Treatment Centre. Indian J Psychiatry 2016;58(S1): S-121
- Jhanjee S, Jain R, Chatterjee B, Mandal P. E-Cigarettes Use: Is it an Acceptable Alternative? Indian J Soc Psychiatry 2016.32(4): 386
- Mandal P, Chatterjee B, Sagar R, Prakash S. Stigma Towards Mentally Ill Among Health Care Staffs in India and Way Forward. Indian J Soc Psychiatry 2016.32(4):413
- Parmar A, Mandal P, Therthani S, Ambekar A. A Retrospective Chart Review of Female Substance Users Attending Outpatient Clinic at Tertiary Care Drug Dependence Treatment Centre in India. Indian J Soc Psychiatry 2016.32(4):455
- Kuppili PP, Bhargava R, Mandal P, Mishra AK, Gupta A, Dhawan A. Correlates of treatment retention among children & adolescent substance users seeking treatment in tertiary hospital in North India. Indian J Soc Psychiatry 2016.32(4):459
- Chatterjee B, Mandal P, Sagar R, Kumar N. Attitude towards mentally ill among nursing Professionals: Evidence from a Tertiary Care General Hospital. Indian J Psychiatry 2015;57(S): 92
- Krishnan V, Ambekar A, Mandal P, Rao R, Mishra AK. Outcomes on buprenorphine-naloxone at a tertiary care substance use facility: a retrospective chart review. Indian J Psychiatry 2015;57(S):102
- Jhanjee S, Mandal P, Singh D. Tobacco use in opioid-dependent patients on buprenorphine-naloxone treatment. Ind J Psychiatry Jan 2014; 56 (Suppl 1): S19–S20
- Mandal P, Jain R, Jhanjee S, Sreenivas V. Barriers of tobacco cessation among Indian buprenorphine-naloxone maintained patients. Alcohol alcohol. 2014; 49(suppl1): i6.doi: 10.1093/alcalc/agu052.19
- Chatterjee B, Sagar R, Mandal P, Kumar N. Mental illness: Who do the professional blame? Ind J Psychiatry Jan 2013; 55(S 1): S61–S62
Abstracts published in conference abstract book/ International abstract data base
- Mandal P. E-cigarette use: what is the raging debate? In: The proceedings of World congress of Mental Health.2017 November 2-5;New Delhi, India.
- Mandal P. Women and drug use: addressing the treatment needs. In: Abstracts of First national conference on Addiction Psychiatry; 2017 November 27-29;New Delhi, India.
- Chawla N, Mandal P, Chatterjee B, Dhawan A. Tramadol induced pica. In: Abstracts of First national conference on Addiction Psychiatry; 2017 November 27-29;New Delhi, India
- Mandal P. The role of the glutamate and cannabinoid neurotransmitter systems in the nicotine dependence and their treatment implications. In abstracts of 34th Annual meeting of Indian Academy of Neurosciences; 2016 October 19-21; National Brain Research Centre, Manesar, India
- Mandal P, Dhawan A, Bhargava R, Sharma S. A retrospective study of factors associated with management of adolescent substance use. In: the proceedings of the 7th Congress of the Asian Society for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Allied Professions (ASCAPAP) 2013 September 14-18, New Delhi, India
- Mandal P, Chatterjee B, , Rakesh VR, Kumar N, Sagar R. Community Attitude towards Mentally and Their Treatment among Nursing Professionals in a Tertiary Care General Hospital. In: Abstracts of the 4th World Congress of Asian Psychiatry; 2013 August 20-23; Bangkok, Thailand
- Mandal P, Jain R, Jhanjee S, Sreenivas V. Tobacco use in opioid-dependent subjects on buprenorphine-naloxone maintenance treatment. In: Abstract database of NIDA International forum 2013. June 14 -17;San Diego, USA
Presentations made at scientific meetings/ conferences/ workshops
- 22nd World Congress of Social Psychiatry, 2016 November 30-December 4, New Delhi, India
- The 16th International Society of Addiction Medicine Annual Meeting, 2014 October 2-6, Yokohama, Japan
- 7th Congress of the Asian Society for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Allied Professions (ASCAPAP) 2013 September 25-28, New Delhi, India
- NIDA International forum; 2013 June 14 -17;San Diego, CA, USA
- 4th World Congress of Asian Psychiatry; 2013 August 20-23; Bangkok, Thailand
- First National conclave on Psychological trauma, Child protection and Mental Health, 2018 March 27-28; New Delhi, India.
- First national conference on Addiction Psychiatry, 2017 November 27-29;New Delhi, India
- Annual National conference on Addiction Psychology. 2017 September 7-8, Ghaziabad, India
- 34th Annual meeting of Indian Academy of Neurosciences; 2016 October 19-21; National Brain Research Centre, Manesar, India
- 12th Biennial Conference of the Indian Association for Child and Adolescent Mental Health, 2013 September 25-28, New Delhi, India
- 65th Annual National Conference of Indian Psychiatric Society. 2013 January 10-13, NIMHANS, Bangalore, India
- 64th Annual National Conference of Indian Psychiatric Society. 2012 January 19-22, Kochi, India
- 63rd Annual National Conference of Indian Psychiatric Society. 2011 January 16-18, New Delhi, India
- 62nd Annual National Conference of Indian Psychiatric Society. 2010 January 17-20, Jaipur, India
Invited Lectures/ CME
- Delivered invited lecture titled "Women in addiction; issues, concerns and service gaps" in the 7th National Federation of Indian NGOs for Drug Abuse prevention (FINGODAP) conferenceon 30th March, 2019, in Delhi
- Training of Medical Officers of NCT of Delhi on management of Adolescent Substance Use on 23rd January and 2nd Februay, 2018
- Training of teachers of senior schools under Jamia Milia Islamia on “Skills of dealing with Adolescents facing substance abuse” on 22nd December, 2017
- Delivered invited lecture titled “Gender sensitive interventions: An overview” in the national CME on “Emerging Issues in Substance Use Disorders” on 22nd July, 2017 at NAMS Auditorium, New Delhi
- Training session on substance abuse problem for police personnel from Central Detective Training School, Ghaziabad on7.3.2017 at NDDTC
- Organized symposium on “Women and drug use” on 14th annual day NDDTC on 13th April,2017 . The title of presentation was “Addiction treatment services for women: a need of the hour”