Dr. Gauri Shanker Kaloiya
Associate Professor of Clinical Psychology
Rehabilitation Council of Indiaregistration No.RCI / A01630
Student Counsellor (Under Students’ Welfare Activities at AIIMS)
Academic Counsellor of Masters in Clinical Psychology, IGNOU.
Member of Expert Working Group (EWG) to develop a standardized Training Module for training of Psychologists under National Mental Health Program (NMHP) by Directorate General of Health Services, Dept. of Health &Family Welfare, MoHFW, Govt. of India, (2015-16).
Areas of Interest: Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Group Therapy, Family Therapy, Addiction Psychology, OCD.
- “Development of Cognitive Retraining Module for Improving Cognitive Deficits of Abstinent Patients with Alcohol Dependence Syndrome, Cannabis Dependence Syndrome and Opioid Dependence Syndrome in a Tertiary Care De-Addiction Centre of Northern India” approved by DST for 3 years, total approved grant Rs. 18 lacs.
- “Cognitive Behavioural based Intervention in Group Setting for Tobacco Cessation in tertiary de-addiction centre in Northern India” Funding Agency- Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR). Total Fund- INR 4.37 lacs. (2015-2016)
- “A comparative study of status of reproductive and sexual health and prevalence of sexual dysfunction among young individuals with mental and substance use disorder related disability”. On-going, Funding Agency- ICMR. Total Funds- INR 8.04 lakhs. (Co-Investigator)
- Research project on “Planning & implementation of NREGS in Ambala&Mewat districts of Haryana” (2009, Funded by HIRD).
- Ph.D. thesis on “Cognitive Behaviour Therapy in Individual and Group Settings among persons suffering from Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder.” (2001-2005).
- Cognitive Representation and Effects of Cognitive Therapy on individuals with Alcohol Dependence Syndrome. (On-going).
- Family Interventions Addressing Expressed Emotions In Treatment Seeking Men With Opioid Dependence. (On-going).
- Neuropsychological profile of Drug Addicts.
- Prevalence of specific Learning Disabilities (SLD) and emotional problems in shelter home children.
- Effects of CBT on Job Stress and Job Satisfaction in School Teachers.
- Effectiveness of Smoking cessation intervention in opioid dependent subjects on agonist maintenance treatment.
- Cue Induced Craving in Heroin Dependent Men.
- Comparison between group counselling and individual counselling in improving knowledge, attitude and behaviour in obese adults towards obesity.
- Magnitude of Psychiatric Comorbidities in Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis.
PUBLICATIONS (Research Articles):
- Kaloiya, GS& Singh, G (2016). Psychological Management of Epilepsy. Indian Journal of Psychosocial Sciences, 5, ( 2), 6-11.
- Singh, G &Kaloiya, GS (2016). A Review on Cognitive Representations in Substance Use Disorders and Essence of Cognitive Therapy. The International Journal of Indian Psychology, 3, (2), 49-60.
- Mallik, K, Grover, N & Kaloiya, GS (2015).Approach to Psychotherapy Case Formulation: A Beginner Therapist’s Concerns – A Case Study,Indian Journal of Clinical Psychology, 42 (1), 68-73.
- Barre,V.P.&Kaloiya, G.S. (2015). Managing the Caregivers Burden of Mentally Retarded Child with Behavioural Problems: A Case Report.Indian Journal of Psychosocial Sciences, 5, (1), 36-42.
- Bathla, M.,Chandna, S.,Bathla, J.&Kaloiya, G.S., (2015). Faith Healers in Modern Psychiatric Practice: Results of a 4 years Study. Delhi Psychiatric Journal, 18 (1), 48-53.
- Kaloiya, GS, Grover, N. &. Singh, T.B. (2014). Cognitive Retraining and Its Efficacy in Head Injury. Indian Journal of Psychosocial Sciences, 4, (2), 43-45.
- Srivastav, D., Kaloiya, G.S. & Grover, N.(2014).Use of Audio Feedback in Cognitive-Behavioural Treatment of Social Phobia: A Case Study. Indian Journal of Clinical Psychology, 41 (1), 71-75.
- Kumar, N., Sharma, R., Satapathy, S. &Kaloiya, G.S. (2017). Cognitive Behaviour Therapy in Indian Context: A Collection of Research Papers. Winshield Press, New Delhi.
- Rathore, V. &Kaloiya, G.S. (2009). NREGA: AdharbhootJankariyan (In Hindi). HIRD, Nilokheri, Mittal Enterprises, New Delhi.
PRESENTATIONSin CONFERENCES / SEMINARS / WORKSHOPS:
- Invited as a resource person and delivered talk on Life Skills Training for the students of PGGCG, Punjab University, Chandigarh, held on 2nd March, 2017.
- Invited as a resource person in 2 days training program on Drug Abuse Prevention & Counselling skills, Organized by Dept. of Social Work, Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi from 27th -28th February, 2017.
- Conducted workshop on"Psychosocial Management of Substance Use Disorder" 35thAnnual Conference of Indian Society of Professional Social Workers (ISPSW) at GMCH, Chandigarh from 9th -11th February 2017.
- “Training opportunities in Drug Dependence Treatment: Current Scenario” paper presented in a symposium during 43rd National Annual Conference of Indian Association of Clinical Psychologists (NACIACP-2017) held at Coimbatore between 27th& 29thJanuary, 2017.
- “Managing Alcohol & Drugs Abuse in Youth” paper presented in the 26th Annual Conference of the National Academy of Applied Psychology to be held at IIT Madras during 29-31 December, 2016.
- “Handling Workplace Violence” invited talk delivered in the Training program on Mental Health Nursing Update 2016,organized by Dept. of Nursing, AIIMS, New Delhi, on 11th March, 2016.
- Invited as a resource person and delivered talk on “Neuro-Biofeedback Therapy in Substance Abuse” in Continued Rehabilitation Education (CRE) on Neuro-Biofeedback Interventions, organized by Gautam Buddha University, Greater NOIDA, in collaboration of Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI) held on 5th March, 2016.
- “Substance Abuse & Sexual Perversions” talk delivered in National Level Workshop for Counsellors, organized by Jamat-E-Islami Hind (NGO), New Delhion 1st March, 2016
- “Co-occurring Personality Disorders & Substance Use disorder” symposium was conducted at 42ndNational Annual Conference of Clinical Psychologists (NACIACP-2016), organized by RIMS, Imphal, between 24th& 27thFebruary, 2016.
- Participated as resource person in Training of health professionals of Bihar for management of Alcohol Use Disorder at Patna, Bihar from 18th to 20th February, 2016.
- “Management of Benzodiazepine addiction in elderly” symposium was conducted at 68th Annual National Conference of Indian Psychiatric Society (ANCIPS -2016) held at Bhopal, between 21st& 24th January, 2016.
- “Substance Use Disorders” lectures delivered for Advance Diploma in Counselling Psychology, Dept. of Psychology, Jamia Millia Islamia, between August& October, 2015.
- “Cognitive Behavioural Interventions for Tobacco Cessation” invited talk delivered in Tobacco Intervention Initiative (TII) Training program organized by Indian Dental Association (IDA) at AIIMS on 22nd March, 2015.
- “CBT in Tobacco Addiction” talk delivered in International Conference on Cognitive Behavioural Interventions, AIIMS, 2015, held between 2nd& 3rdMarch, 2015.
- Invited to participate in Panel discussion on “CBT Practice, Training & Supervision” in International Conference on Cognitive Behavioural Interventions, AIIMS, 2015, held between 2nd& 3rd March, 2015.
- “Management of Externalizing & Internalizing to Prevent Tobacco Use”paper presented in a symposium during 41stNational Annual Conference of Indian Association of Clinical Psychologists (NACIACP-2015) organized by Institute of Research & Development, RSU & School of Liberal Studies,PDPU held at Gandhinagar between 6th&8thFebruary, 2015.
- “Addiction among Children and Adolescents” Paper presented in a symposium during 24th Annual Convention of National Academy of Psychology (NAOP) India, organized jointly by IIFM & NITTTR, Bhopal, between 12th& 14th Dec, 2014.
- "Opportunities & Challenges for Youth Tobacco Cessation’ Paper presented in a symposium during 21stNational Conference of Indian Association of Social Psychiatrists (NCIASP-2014) organized by JSS Medical College, Mysore, between 21st& 23rd November, 2014.
- “Tobacco Use and Harm: Role of Mental Health Professionals” paper presented in a symposium during 40th National Annual Conference of Indian Association of Clinical Psychologists (NACIACP-2014) organized by SRM University held at Chennai between 28th February & 2nd March, 2014.
- Conducted Workshop on “Identification & Management of Substance Use (Addiction) in day to day Clinical Work” during International Conference on Multidisciplinary health Care AIIMS-2014 on 14th January, 2014.
- ‘The Hard Facts of Clinical Psychology Training’ paper presented in a symposium during the 23rd Annual Convention of National Academy of Psychology (NAOP) India, organized by Dept. of Humanities & Social Sciences, National Institute of Technology held at Rourkela between 13th& 15th December, 2013.
- “Performance Enhancing Drugs: Mental Health Perspective” paper presented in the symposium during 7th SAARC Psychiatric Federation International Conference held at Mysore between 29th November & 1st December, 2013.
- “Behavioural Management in Persons with Intellectual Disability” invited talk delivered in 3 days CRE program organized by PGIMS Rohtak & RCI at Rohtak between 21st& 23rd November, 2013.
- “Psychology of Trauma Experience”. Paper presented in the Symposium on Psychology of Trauma in International Seminar on Psychology of Traumaorganized by Jamia Millia Islamia, held at New Delhi between 13th& 14th March, 2013.
- “Clinical Psychology Training in India”. Paper presented in the Symposium on Supervision in Clinical Psychology in 39th National Annual Conference of Clinical Psychologists organized by AIIMS, held at New Delhi, between 18th& 20th February, 2013.
MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES:
- Indian Association of Clinical Psychologists (IACP): Fellow - 229
- World Association of Psychosocial Rehabilitation (WAPR-Indian chapter): LM-46
- Indian Association of Social Psychiatrists (IASP): F 11 051
- National Academy of Psychology (NAOP), India: Life Member 201333
- July 2008–July 2009 (1 year,on deputation): Associate professor at Haryana Institute of Rural Development (HIRD), Nilokheri (Haryana).
- June 1999–May 2012 (12 years): Clinical Psychologist at Institute of Human Behaviour & Allied Sciences (IHBAS), Delhi.
- June 1996–June 1999 (3 years): Clinical Psychologist at National Institute of Mental Health &Neuro-Sciences (NIMHANS), Bangalore (Karnataka).
- September 1993–May 1996 (part time): Clinical Psychologist at Collaborative Centre of AYJNIHH (Mumbai) &Tripolia Social Service Hospital, Patna (Bihar).
- November 1993–May 1996: Clinical Psychologist (counsellor) at ‘Savera’ Drug De-addiction Centre, (sponsored by Ministry of SJ & E), Patna (Bihar).
- Elected uncontested General Secretary of ACP Delhi-NCR 2014.
- Elected uncontested as Treasurer of Indian Association of Clinical Psychologists (IACP) for the periods 2006-2007 and 2008-2009.