2. Designation: Assistant Professor
3. Qualifications: MD DNB (Psychiatry) MNAMS
International Certification in Addiction Medicine
4. Email ID
5. Field of Interest
A) Addictive Behaviours among Adolescents and Youth Population
B) Community Addiction Psychiatry
C) Criminology & Drug Policy
D) Public Health
6. Total number of publications till date > 30
7. Details of publications since 2010 onwards
- Modak T, Bhad R, Rao R. A rare case of physical dependence with psychedelic LSD - A case report. Journal of Substance Use. Accepted for publication
- Bhad R, Gupta R, Balhara YPS. A study of pathways to care among opioid dependent individuals seeking treatment at a community de-addiction clinic in India. J Ethn Subst Abuse. 2019 Jan 11:1-13
- Gupta P, Panda U, Parmar A, Bhad R. Internalized Stigma and its Correlates among Treatment Seeking Opium Users in India: A Cross-Sectional Observational Study. Asian Journal of Psychiatry. Asian J Psychiatr. 2019 Jan;39:86-90.
- Bhad R. Utilization of “Screening Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment” Approach for Tobacco Addiction in Day-to-Day Clinical Practice in India: The Need of the Hour. Journ Neuro Rural Prct. 2019 Jan-Mar;10(1):8-9.
- Modak T, Bhad R, Rao R. Utility of Aripiprazole in co-occurring problem gambling and toluene dependence: A case report. J Subst Use. 2019; 24: 117-119.
- Forero DA, Oermann MH, Mendieta-Zerón H, Dadkhah M, Bhad R, Deshpande SN, Wei Wang W. Negative Effects of "Predatory" Journals on Global Health Research. Ann Glob Health. 2018 Nov 5;84(4):584-589.
- Bhad R, Jain R, Dhawan A, Mehta M. A clinic based study of treatment seeking adolescent inhalant users in India: Implications for management. J Child Adolesc Subst Abuse. 2016; DOI:10.1080/1067828X.2016.1222977
- Sood M, Chadda R, Sinha Deb K, Bhad R, Mahapatra A, Verma R, Mishra A. Scope of mobile phones in Mental health care in low resource setting. Journal MTM. 2016; 5(2): 33-37
- Mahapatra A, Sood M, Bhad R, Tripathi M. Behavioural Variant Frontotemporal Dementia with Bilateral Insular Hypometabolism: A Case Report. J Clin Diagn Res. 2016; 10(4): VD01-VD02
- Pattanayak P, Bhad R, Rao R, Ambekar A, Dayal P. The mis-adventurous use of prescription opioids in chronic non-cancer pain: A case report. Natl. Med. J. India. 2016; 28(6): 284-285
- Shrivastava P, Bhad R, Sharma P, Varshaney M, Sharan P. Difficult-to-treat irritable bowel syndrome: Successful management incorporating a psychological approach. Natl. Med. J. India. 2015; 28(4): 188-189
- Bhad R, Chadda R, Kumar N, Goyal P. A rare association of schizophrenia and Mayer-Rokitansky-Küster-Hauser (MRKH) syndrome. Indian J. Psychiatry. 2015; 57(3): 324.
- Bhad R, Jain R, Dhawan A, Mehta M. Why do young people sniff? An exploratory study of adolescent inhalant abuse from north India. J Subst Use. 2016; 21(5): 527-529
- Hazari N, Bhad R. Kynurenine Pathway (KP) inhibitors: Novel agents for the management of Depression. J.Psychopharmacol. 2015; 29(10): 1133-1134
- Bhad R, Hazari N. Predatory journals in Psychiatry: A note of caution. Asian J Psychiatr. 2015; 16: 67-68.
- Bhad R, Lal R, Balhara YPS. Disorders Related to Use of Psychoactive Substances in DSM-5: Changes and Challenges. Indian J Psychol Med. 2015; 37: 470-2
- Bhad R, Dayal P, Kumar S, Ambekar A.The drug ketamine: A double edged sword for mental health professionals. J Subst Use. 2016; 21(4): 341-343
- Bhad R, Hazari N. Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) for the palliation of Nicotine Abstinence Syndrome: Boon more than Bane. Indian J Palliat Care. 2015; 21(2): 254-255
- Bhad R, Ambekar A, Dayal P. The lizard: an unconventional psychoactive substance? J Subst Use. 2016; 21 (2): 113-114
- Bhad R, Hazari N. Combining pharmacological treatments in geriatric population: Weighing the balance. J. Postgrad. Med. 2015; 61(1): 57-58
- Bhad R, Jain R, Dhawan A, Mehta M. Biochemical assessment of inhalant use among adolescents: A pilot study from tertiary deaddiction center of India. Journal of Sub abuse and alcoholism. 2014; 2(3): 21-24
- Bhad R. The role of brief intervention in psychiatry. Indian J Psychosoci Sci. 2014; 4(2): 15-7.
- Bhad R, Hazari N. Potential dual role of cephalosporins in management of alcohol use disorders. Psychopharmacology (Berl.). 2014; 231(24): 4745-6
- Bhad R. Levetiracetam in catatonia: Therapeutic utility? Journ neuro rural prct. 2014; 5(3): 319-20.
- Bhad R, Hazari N. Reveal rather than Conceal: Implications of decriminalization of suicide attempts in India. BMJ. 2013;347:f6975/rr
- Bhad R, Sagar R. Childhood catatonia. Indian Pediatr. 2013;50(6):614.
- Jhanjee S, Bhad R, Sethi H, Rao R.Tobacco Use in Male Heroin Dependent Patients on Buprenorphine Maintenance Treatment in an Urban Community. Indian J Psychiatry. 2016; 58(Suppl): S41-S121.
- Bhad R, Mehta M, Dhawan, A, Jain R. Reasons for inhalant use in adolescents: An explorative study from tertiary de-addiction center of India. Indian J Psychiatry. 2015; 57(Suppl): S31-S32.
- Kupili P, Bhad R, Rao R, Dayal P, Ambekar A. Opioid Dependence with Somatisation Disorder. Indian J Psychiatry. 2015; 57(Suppl): S71-S72.
- Bhad R, Mehta M, Dhawan, A, Jain R. Neurocognitive assessment of adolescent inhalant users in treatment setting of India. Indian J Psychiatry. 2014; 56(Suppl 1): S19–S62.
- Sarkar S, Majumder P, Gupta R, Bhad R, Balhara YPS, Sagar R. Cost issues in psychiatry. Indian J Psychiatry. 2010; 56:S70.
8. Presentations made at scientific meetings/ conferences/ workshops 15
9. Non-funded projects 15
10. Funded projects 7
1. Comparative assessment of stress and coping among adolescent with recent inhalant abuse: A case control study (Funded by AIIMS Intramural research grant)
2. Field Testing of the International Standards for the Treatment Drug Use Disorders (The Standards) in India (Funded by WHO-UNODC grant)
3. Service -based field testing of ICD-11: Public Health/Clinical Utility and Comparability with ICD-10 in India (Funded by WHO, Geneva)
4. “Alcohol e-Help” – A Study to explore the efficacy of the World Health Organization Internet self-help intervention for the reduction of alcohol consumption (Funded by WHO, Geneva)
5. Rates and pattern of psychoactive substance use among prisoners in India (Funded by Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, GOI)
6. An explorative study of knowledge, perceived attitude and risk of addiction potential among different stakeholders concerning recreational cannabis use among youth in India (Funded by AIIMS Intramural research grant)
7. Development and validation of an Indian scale to assess severity of substance related problems (Funded by Indian Council of Medical Research-ICMR)
10. Memberships of professional bodies
- Member of National Academy of Medical Sciences (MNAMS)
- Member of International Society for the Study of Drug Policy (ISSDP)
- Member of International Society of Addiction Medicine (ISAM)
- Member of American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM)
- Member of International Drug Abuse Research Society (IDARS)
11. Important awards & honours
Recipient of ICMR “International Travel Award” for paper titled “Assessment of perceived barriers affecting adherence to Methadone Maintenance Treatment (MMT) in India: a retrospective cohort study” (2018)
Recipient of “NIDA-ISAM Fellowship Award” at 17th ISAM, Dundee, Scotland, UK (2015)
Recipient of “Asian Scholar Award ” at 9th ISSDP, Ghent, Belgium (2015)