Awards & Honours ( Year 2019-20)
- Third prize for poster and video presentation at Institute Day Celebration held on 25th September 2019.
- Awarded the rolling trophy for conducting the best monthly meet of Delhi state chapter of Association of Surgeons of India for the year 2018 during the annual conference of the society held in November 2019.
The faculty of the department has participated as an expert in various interview boards and an external examiner in undergraduate and post graduate exams. Some of the key achievements are listed below:
Prof. Anurag Srivastava
- Delivered oration at SURGICON 2019 – Manekshaw Centre, Delhi Cantt., New Delhi – 25th November 2019
- Elected as the President Elect of the Delhi state chapter of Association of Surgeons of India.
Prof. Sunil Chumber
- Provided services at Leh as part of the Ashoka Mission.
PROF. RAJINDER PARSHAD
- SK Sen memorial oration - Changing trend in the management of breast cancer - an experience of 3 decades" - SURGICON 2019 – Manekshaw Centre, Delhi Cantt., New Delhi - 24th November 2019
DR. SANDEEP AGGARWAL
- Invited as an Expert from India for a Course on Pediatric Obesity-Global Perspectives at the Obesity Week organized by The Obesity Society (TOS) and American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS)
PROF VIRINDER KUMAR BANSAL
- Member, Institute Body, JIPMER, Puducherry May 2019 till May 2024
- Member, Institute Body, AIIMS, Rishikesh May 2020 till May 2025
- Member Standing Academic Committee, JIPMER, Puducherry
- Member, Hospital affairs Committee, JIPMER, Puducherry
- Co- Chairman, Surgery Expert Group for Standard Treatment Workflow for ICMR and National Health Authority, Ayushman Bharat, New Delhi 2019
- Member, Renal Transplant surgery, National Health authority, Ayushman Bharat, New Delhi
- Member, Apex Technical Committee for Renal Transplantation under NOTTO, Jan 2020
- Visiting Professor, Department of Organ Transplant, University of Michigan, USA, 15th to 23rd October 2019
- President, Society of Endoscopic and Laparoscopic Surgeons of India, (SELSI), Jan 2020
- Vice President, Indian Hernia Society, 2019
- Secretary, International College of Laparoscopic Surgeons 2019, 2020
PROF. ANITA DHAR
- Awarded PhD form AIIMS, New Delhi.
- Medical Board member, Constituted at AIIMS Hon’ble National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission, New Delhi in Consumer Case
DR. HEMANGA K. BHATTACHARJEE
- Received the Smith International Surgical Scholarship 2020 awarded by the Department of Colorectal Surgery, Cleveland Clinic Florida, Florida, USA.
- Awarded American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons’ (ASCRS) International Career Development Scholarship Award for the year 2019.
- The European Society of Coloproctology awarded International observership award.
- Received the award of certificate of appreciation for contribution to various academic activities at the SET Facility by Director, AIIMS.
DR. ASURI KRISHNA
- Elected Secretary Indian Hernia Society 2020-2022,
Dr Piyush Ranjan
- Awarded by Meadows foundation
- National core group of experts for strengthening Emergency and Trauma Care services
- Felicitation by DGHS on national doctors day
- Resource person for developing Emergency and trauma care curriculum guideline
- Attended as expert - WHO Bi-Regional (South East Asian & Western Pacific Regions) Drowning Prevention Status Report- Multi Stakeholder Meeting
- Award for contribution in surgical education: by Delhi state chapter, Association of Surgeon’s of India at SURGICON 2019
- Recipient of “Betadine Young Surgeon Award 2019” at ASICON 2019 at Bhubaneswar
- Received certificate of Appreciation for contribution towards content development at SET facility AIIMS by Honorable Director, AIIMS, Delhi
- Member of the Expert group for developing National Guidelines on Patient safety for National Patient Safety Implementation framework of India (2018-25)
- Dr. Vitish Singla recevievd Presidents Medal from delhi State chapter of ASI for best research paper publication
- Dr. Eshan Verma received BSI travel award to attend the World Congress of Surgery in Krakow, Poland 2019.
- Dr. Neha Gupta was awarded fellowship from EORTC (European Organization for research treatment & Cancer) to visit and present the research work in March 2020 in EBCC (European Breast Cancer Conference).
- Dr. Adarsh Pratap Singh received the Presidential young lymphologist award during the 27th ISL World Congress Of Lymphology held at Argentina, Europe
- Dr. Kush Raj Lohani received clinical scholar award at San Antonio breast cancer symposium, USA
- Dr. Ismael Jatoi, chief of the division of surgical oncology and endocrine surgery at UT Health San Antonio visited the department on 04 & 05th April 2019 during the AIIMS Breast course
- Dr. Dieugini, thoracic surgeon from Shanghai Pulmonary Hospital visited the department to as part of operative workshop on uniportal VATS in September 2019.
- Dr. Khalid Mohammad Ali Amer, consultant thoracic surgeon, South Hampton, UK visited the department for two weeks in September 2019 for mentorship of residents and faculty in the field of thoracic surgery
- Dr Reinhard Bittner from Stuttgart,Germany visited as part of Operative workshop on newer minimally invasive incsional and ventral hernia repairs on 14th and 15th December 2019