Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
A wide spectrum of activities are undertaken by the Rehabilitation Team and thus catering to a variety of patients. To give few examples, patients with neck or back pain, knee pain, various joint disorders, developmental disorders like cerebral palsy, neurological conditions like stroke, spinal cord injuries etc. It is not an overstatement to say that any person might benefit with a Rehabilitation intervention. Patients are initially seen by the specialist doctors who are responsible for the accurate diagnosis and treatment planning.
General OPD is conducted by the Resident Doctors along with the Faculty Members. Days of availability of most doctors during the week are fixed.
How to see the doctors in the OPD:
1. Registration in OPD is mandatory to seek consultation and treatment: All patients coming for consultation/treatment, either reporting directly to PMR OPD or referred from other OPDs of AIIMS or other hospitals are required to be registered in the PMR OPD.
2. Registration Counters: Exclusive registration counters are located in the PMR OPD. This is done to facilitate patients with limited mobility. For timings, please see below.It is likely that the registration process and the location of registration counter might change in the near future. This is being done in line with the changes being brought about in the OPD services these days. Please check the notifications brought by the AIIMS.
3. Location: PMR old OPD is located on the ground floor, about 100 meters towards east of the main OPD (behind Rajkumari Amrit Kaur OPD Block). The registration counter is located near the entrance of the PMR OPD.
4. Consultation Timings: Doctors are generally available during morning hours in the OPD from 9 AM onwards until the all the patients registered on that day in the PMR OPD are seen. However, limits are imposed on the total number of patients seen in a day as per the appointments.
5. Further information on OPD services can be had by clicking here
6. Appointment System: As per the policy of the AIIMS and for the convenience of the patients, appointments for the OPD are given by phone or online on the website of the AIIMS. It is mandatory for all patients to have a prior appointment for seeing the doctors in the OPD. Kindly visit the AIIMS Website for details on how to book appointments, for details, please click here.
7. Registration timings: for the PMR OPD are a little extended (by half an hour), compared to most of the OPDs in the hospital. This has been done keeping in view the limited mobility of most patients coming to seek services of this department. However, in view of the appointment system, if the appointments for the day are exhausted, the registration counter shall close for fresh registration earlier than the scheduled time.
8. It is important for all patients to be registered in the OPD. Patients merely having an appointment but not registered in the OPD would not be seen by the doctors.
Monday to Saturday.
Gazetted Holidays as notified by Government of India (Central) for Delhi Region.
Monday through Friday: 8.30AM to 11.00 AM
Saturdays: 8.30 AM to 10.30 AM
OPD Schedule of Faculty Members:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Dr Sanjay Wadhwa
Dr SL Yadav
Dr Asem Rangita Chanu
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
Dr Gita Handa
Dr Srikumar V