DR. SURENDER SINGH
DOB: 27th May1963
Department of Pharmacology,
All India Institute of Medical Sciences,
Ansari Nagar New Delhi - 110 029, INDIA
Tel: +91-11-2654-6460, 09810882350
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS
1. Published >100 Research Papers (Total Impact Factor 125.02, Citation-3200, h-Index- 29)
2. Authored 06 Books/Scientific Series & chapters in book.
3. Guided 48 Theses (PhD-18, MD/MDS -19, M.Pharm / MSc-08).
4. Completed 20 Research projects funded by ICMR, DBT, AIIMS, AYUSH, Govt. of India.
1.Gold Medal, M.Pharm. (Pharmacology) DIPSAR (University of Delhi), 1989.
2.JSPS-Asia Africa Science Platform Programme, Japan Best Paper Award, 2011.
3. Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) Award for Biomedical Research, 2013.
4. All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Excellence Research Award, 2016.
5. Dr. B. Mukherjee Prize for Best paper in Indian Journal of Pharmacology, 2016.
6. Dr. D.N. Prasad Memorial Oration Award, ICMR for Biomedical Research, 2017.
1. Fellow of National Academy of Medical Sciences (FAMS), India.
2. Fellow of Royal Society of Chemistry (FRSC), United Kingdom.
3. Fellow of International Medical Science Academy (FIMSA), India.
4. Fellow of Institution of Chemists (FIC), India.
5. D.Sc. (Honoris Causa), Colombo, Sri Lanka.
6. Fellow of International Council of Ayurveda (FICA), India.
Inflammation, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Indigenous drugs, Medicinal Plant Research
1. Surender Singh and DK Majumdar (1999).
Evaluation of gastric antiulcer activity of fixed oil of Ocimum sanctum (Holy Basil)
Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 65:13-19. (IF:3.055)
2. MA Jafri, M Jalis Subhani, Kalim Javed and Surender Singh (2000)
Hepatoprotective activity of leaves of Cassia Occidentalis against paracetamol and ethyl alcohol intoxication in rats.
Journal of Ethnopharmocology - 66:355-361. (IF:3.055)
3. MA Jafri, M Aslam, Kalim Javed and Surender Singh (2000)
Effect of Punica granatum Linn (flowers) on blood glucose levels in normal and alloxan induced diabetic rats.
Journal of Ethnopharmacology - 70:309-314. (IF:3.055)
4. MA jafri, Farah, Kalim Javed K and Surender Singh (2001)
Evaluation of the gastric antiulcerogenic effect of large cardamom (fruits of Ammomum subulatum Roxb.)
Journal of Ethnopharmacology 75:89-94. (IF:3.055)
5. Surender Singh, HMS Rehan and DK Majumdar (2001)
Effect of Ocimum sanctum fixed oil on blood pressure, blood clotting time and pentobarbitone - induced sleeping time.
Journal of Ethnopharmacology ,78:139-143. (IF:3.055)
6. PK Mediratta, KK Sharma and Surender Singh (2002)
Evaluation of Immunomodulatory potential of Ocimum sanctum seed oil and its possible mechanism of action.
Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 80:15-20. (IF:3.055)
7. Vinod Nair , Surender Singh and YK Gupta (2011).
Evaluation of the disease modifying activity of Colchicum luteum Baker in. experimental arthritis.
Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 133: 303-307. (IF:3.055)
8.Surender Singh, Vinod Nairand Yogendra K Gupta (2012).
Evaluation of the aphrodisiac activity of Tribulus terrestris Linn. in sexually sluggish male albino rats.
Journal of Pharmacology & Phamacotherapeutics , 3(1): 43-47.
9. Ritu Karwasra, Prerna Kalra, YK Gupta, Deepika Saini, Ajay Kumar and Surender Singh (2016).
Pomegranate antioxidant and anti-inflammatory potential ameliorates renoprotection in cisplatin-induced acute kidney injury.
Food and Function, 7: 3091-3101 (IF: 2.791).
10. Rohit Kumar, Vinod Nair, YK Gupta, Surender Singh and S.Arunraja (2016).
Berberis aristata ameliorates adjuvant-induced arthritis by inhibition of NF-κB and activating nuclear factor-E2-related factor 2/hem oxygenase (HO)-1 signaling pathway.
Immunological investigations, 45(6): 473-489. (IF: 1.780).