Dr. HITENDER GAUTAM
Bacteriology and Serology Section
Dr. Hitender Gautam has completed his M.B.B.S. from University College of Medical Sciences (U.C.M.S.) & G.T.B. Hospital in 2003. He has completed his M.D. in 2008 and Senior Residency in 2011 from Maulana Azad Medical College (M.A.M.C.) and Lok Nayak Hospital. He is working as Assistant Professor in the Department from June 2014 and currently working in the bacteriology and serology section. He also looks after the Hospital Infection Control activities at Dr. B.R.A Institute-Rotary Cancer Hospital (IRCH), AIIMS, New Delhi.
He is an editorial board member of Journal of Clinical and Medical Case Reports and Austin Tuberculosis: Research & Treatment. Currently, he is an invited Co-Guide for PhD in Medicine by Research Medical Microbiology program at Texila American University w.e.f July 2016.
Awards and Recognition
- Presenting Author: Dr. S.S. Kelkar Award with Gold Medal at National Conference of Indian Association of Medical Microbiologists, IAMM, MICROCON-2015 at JIPMER, Pondicherry 27th-29th Nov. 2015
- Co-Author: Dr. S.S. Kelkar Award with Gold Medal at IAMM, MICROCON-2016 at PGIMER, Chandigarh 25th-27th Nov. 2016
- Co-Author: Sanjay Sardana Memorial Award on Immunodiagnostic Techniques at Micro-D-Con 10th-12th Dec.2015, 7th Annual Conference of IAMM-Delhi Chapter:
- Second prize for the best oral presentation at ASICON 2009 (Jaipur 27th Feb – 01st Mar 2009), organized by AIDS society of India & Bedford Research Foundation, USA.: Presenting Author
- Best paper award by Indian Association of Medical Microbiologist, Delhi-Chapter (August 30, 2008): Presenting Author
- Awarded Young Scientist DST Travel Grant for Oral Presentation of research paper in International Conference in Bacteriology and Infectious Diseases at Baltimore, USA, 20th to 22nd Nov. 2013.
- Awarded Young Scientist DST Travel Grant for Oral Presentation of research paper in International Infectious Disease Conference”, Shanghai, China (September 10-11, 2010).
- Selected from India and awarded travel grant from AIDS Vaccine Asian Network (AVAN) and AIDS Vaccine Development Association (AVDA) to Participate in the “East Asia Young Researchers Network For Clinical Trial of AIDS Vaccine 2010” held in Graduate School of Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan, from 1-30 June 2010 and to present the country report of India on HIV/AIDS
Publications in indexed journals- 19
Papers in Conference either as Presenting or Co-author – 32
Book Chapters- 1