Cell Regulation & Trafficking Lab
Dr. Parthaprasad Chattopadhyay, Professor
Address: Room No. 4007, Convergence Block, AIIMS, New Delhi.
MBBS, (1981-1987) R G Kar Medical College, Calcutta University, Kolkata
MD, Biochemistry, (1989-1991) All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
PhD, Biochemistry (1992-1996) All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
Senior Demonstrator (1992-1995) Department of Biochemistry, AIIMS, New Delhi
Assistant Professor (1997-2003) Department of Biochemistry, AIIMS, New Delhi
Associate Professor (2003-2007) Department of Biochemistry, AIIMS, New Delhi
Additional Professor (2007-2011) Department of Biochemistry, AIIMS, New Delhi
Professor (2011- till date) Department of Biochemistry, AIIMS, New Delhi
Research Focus of the Lab
a) Nanoparticle trafficking within the cell: Tracing the path of nanoparticles within the cell and attempting to modulate their intracellular travel to prolong their stay within the cell for increased unloading of their cargo (drug).
b) Site-directed epigenetic modulation: Using modified CRISPR based techniques to modulate CpG methylation and Histone methylation/acetylation for altering gene expression of tumor suppressor and promoter genes
- PhD Students
- Neha Singh: Ritika Singh:
- MD student: Dr. Abhishek Mishra
- Passive internalization and active extrusion determines PLGA-nanoparticle concentration in cancer cell lines. Baidya G, Tiwary R, Mudassir M, Singh N, Saha S, Chosdol K, Sinha S, Chattopadhyay P..Nanomedicine (Lond). 2020 Aug;15(23):2229-2239.
- HIF-2α mediates a marked increase in migration and stemness characteristics in a subset of glioma cells under hypoxia by activating an Oct-4/Sox-2-Mena (INV) axis. Bhagat M, Palanichamy JK, Ramalingam P, Mudassir M, Irshad K, Chosdol K, Sarkar C, Seth P, Goswami S, Sinha S, Chattopadhyay P..Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2016 May;74:60-71.
- A novel placental like alkaline phosphatase promoter driven transcriptional silencing combined with single chain variable fragment antibody based virosomal delivery for neoplastic cell targeting. Khan I, Zakaria MK, Kumar M, Mani P, Chattopadhyay P, Sarkar DP, Sinha S..J Transl Med. 2015 Aug 5;13:254.
- Gene Silencing and Activation of Human Papillomavirus 18 Is Modulated by Sense Promoter Associated RNA in Bidirectionally Transcribed Long Control Region. Kassab MA, Mudassir M, Singh A, Bhagat M, Palanichamy JK, Ramalingam P, Chosdol K, Sinha S, Chattopadhyay P..PLoS One. 2015 Jun 5;10(6):e0128416.
- Biogenesis of intronic miRNAs located in clusters by independent transcription and alternative splicing. Ramalingam P, Palanichamy JK, Singh A, Das P, Bhagat M, Kassab MA, Sinha S, Chattopadhyay P. RNA. 2014 Jan;20(1):76-87.
- Combination of hepatocyte specific delivery and transformation dependent expression of shRNA inducing transcriptional gene silencing of c-Myc promoter in hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Zakaria MK, Khan I, Mani P, Chattopadhyay P, Sarkar DP, Sinha S..BMC Cancer. 2014 Aug 10;14:582. doi: 10.1186/1471-2407-14-582.
- Long-term suppression of HIV-1C virus production in human peripheral blood mononuclear cells by LTR heterochromatization with a short double-stranded RNA. Singh A, Palanichamy JK, Ramalingam P, Kassab MA, Bhagat M, Andrabi R, Luthra K, Sinha S, Chattopadhyay P..J Antimicrob Chemother. 2014 Feb;69(2):404-15.
- CpG hypermethylation of the C-myc promoter by dsRNA results in growth suppression. Mehndiratta M, Palanichamy JK, Pal A, Bhagat M, Singh A, Sinha S, Chattopadhyay P..Mol Pharm. 2011 Dec 5;8(6):2302-9.
- Silencing of integrated human papillomavirus-16 oncogenes by small interfering RNA-mediated heterochromatization.Palanichamy JK, Mehndiratta M, Bhagat M, Ramalingam P, Das B, Das P, Sinha S, Chattopadhyay P..Mol Cancer Ther. 2010 Jul;9(7):2114-22.
- Aberrant methylation and associated transcriptional mobilization of Alu elements contributes to genomic instability in hypoxia. Pal A, Srivastava T, Sharma MK, Mehndiratta M, Das P, Sinha S, Chattopadhyay P..J Cell Mol Med. 2010 Nov;14(11):2646-54..
Department of Biotechnology and Department of Science & Technology, Ministry of Science & Technology, GOI.