Moganty R. Rajeswari obtained her M.Sc. (Chem.) from Andhra University and M.Phil. and Ph.D. (Chem.) from University of Delhi. She has 29 years of teaching and 36 years of research experience. She supervised 38 theses of Ph.D., M.D., M.D.S., M.Sc., M. Biotech. & M. Phil students as Chief- & co-supervisor and trained about 70 students from outside AIIMS. She published about 100 papers in International journals with high Impact Factors; written Reviews and authored two text books, “An Introduction to Biophysics” and “Studies on Carbapenemase& Membrane Proteome of Acinetobacter baumannii”;Chapters in text books of ‘Biochemistry”, NATO-published “Membrane biology” and e-book of NISCAIR-CSIR. She is the National Coordinator for developing E-Content for e-PG PATHSHALA under UGC-MHRD Project and INDO–FRENCH Coordinator for Collaboration: between ICMR – INSERM programme on “TRE associated neuro disorders: “Friedreich’s Ataxia, Spinocerebellar ataxias”.
Dr Rajeswari's major research interest has been 'Conformation of DNA, Protein & DNA-Protein Interactions in Health & Human Disease'. Her research interests include –a) the pathophysiology of unusual DNA structures in neurodegenerative disorders, FRDA, SCAs (2,3,12) which are associated with DNA repeat expansions and developing Biomarkers using Proteomics & nucleic acids ; b) Functional role of DNA binding HMG proteins in cancer progression and potential role as tumor markers ;c) application of DNA triple helix forming oligonucleotides as therapeutics in human disease. She received 18 Research grants from by DST, DBT, UGC and ICMR. She is the Organizing Secretary of: International Conference on “Advances in Molecular Mechanisms of Neurological Disorders” 2013, “One day Seminar on Integration of Teaching and Research in Biophysics at Graduate & Postgraduate Level”,2014 and International Conference on “Friedreich’s Ataxia and DNA Structure in Health & Diseases”, 2015 at AIIMS.
She is currently she is the National Co-ordinator for the UGC-MHRD -PG Pathshala to develop econtent at PG level for the subject Biophysics. Vice-President, DNA Society, India
nTrackAnnotator: Software for detection and annotation of sequence tracks of chosen nucleic acid bases with defined length in genome
Free genetic test
For the past 11 years Dr. Rajeswari has been offering a free genetic test for ataxia patients suffering from Spino cerebellar ataxias (SCA) type SCA1,2,3,12 and Friedreich’s ataxia These activities have been part of the ICMR-funded projects.
Ataxia Awareness programs
- Helps an Andhra Pradesh based NGO, called SAMAG , “Seek a miracle: ataxia group (SAMAG)” at Hyderabad and its branch at Indore, SAMAG-Indore ataxia patients.
- Organised Free-ataxia patient genetic test workshop and service at SAMAG, Indore.
Organising Secretary of 3 Conferences:
- International Conference on “Advances in Molecular Mechanisms of Neurological Disorders” held during 21st-23rd February 2013, at AIIMS, New Delhi
- National Seminar on Integration of Teaching and Research of Biophysics at UG and PG level", 11th February, 2014, AIIMS, New Delhi
- International Congress on Friedreich’s Ataxia and DNA Structure in Health & Disease” held during 11th -13th April, 2015 at AIIMS, New Delhi
Awards and Recognitions:
- Fellow of “Royal Society of Chemistry”, 2012
- Fellow of “Andhra Pradesh Akademi of Sciences”, 2013
- P. B. Rama Rao Memorial Award from Society of Biological Chemists, India for contribution in the field of Biomedical sciences, 2012
- Received Woman biotechnologist SAB-BP Award, 2012.
- Research Excellence Award Certificate, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, 2011.
- International Travel award from Friedreich’s Ataxia Research Alliance (FARA), USA, 2011
- Received “Shiksha Rattan Puraskar”, India International Friendship Society, 2013.
- Best Poster Award, at the International Association of Cancer Research, Feb, 2013
- French Government Fellowship Award Molecular Biology, 1984
- Co- coordinator of INDO-FRENCH collaboration on DNA-TRE associated neurodegenerative disorders, 2007 onwards
- Recognition for outstanding research contribution from, Federation Of European Biochemical Societies (FEBS)- Molecular Medicine in 2007
- Research paper chosen for the cover of International Journal, “DNA & Cell Biology”, 2010
- Best paper award at International conference on Neuroscience, 2009
- Best oral presentation award, Int. Conference at Sydney, Austarlia, 2012.
- Best Poster Award for “Interlukin-1 β: A diagnostic tool for assessment of implant success” Dental Conference, Visakhaptnam,.2011
- Selected for the program on “Women in Science” for Indian Television : Door Darshan and program (Nov 5th & 12th 2011) http://youtu.be/OcuKaPLkpoA
- Associate Editor of International “Journal of Integrated Omics") 2008 onwards
- Associate editor, J Pediatric Biochemistry, 2008 onwards.
- Assistant Editor of the "Indian J. Clinical Biochem" (2000-2004).
- Reviewer of "Indian J. Clinical Biochem”.
- Member of Reviewer Board of J Paed. Biochem. and The Science Advisory Board, VA, USA
- Reviewer board, Institute of Integrated Omics and Applied Biotechnology”.
- Member of the Editorial Board “Science Spectrum”, 2015 onwards
- Expert member of National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL), DST, 2010-2011.
- Expert Committee Member of Ministry of Human Resources Development -Standing Committee on NMEICT, SAKHAT 2010-onwards
- Research Project Review Committee, ICMR(Neurochemistry); CSIR–NET (Life sciences) ; a number of UGC-expert committees; and Mentor for INSPIRE ( Innovation of Science Pursuit for Inspired Research )-DST program ( 2005 onwards)
- Member-Executive Councils of “DNA Society of India” (2009-2014) and “Society of Neurochemistry Of India”(2012-14)
- Vice-President, DNA Society of India, 2014-2018.
- Reviewer-- regularly research papers to international journals and proposals submitted to the ICMR & DST
- Was Invited speaker at more than 90 International and National Conferences and at various scientific institutes and Universities in India, France, Spain, Germany and USA
- Member of The Movement Disorders Society, USA, 2012.
Teaching experience: 29 yrs
Research Experience: 35 yrs
Areas of specialization: Structural Biology; Clinical Proteomics, Neurochemistry, Biomolecular spectroscopy
Thesis Supervision: Completed -33
- Current students in my lab : PhDs (Chief Supervisor ) : 2
Total RESEARCH PUBLICATIONS: Total: 98
Recent publications in the last 5 years:
- E-content for “Thermodynamics” Paper 3 (32 Modules): for the Pgpathshala for “BIOPHYSICS” under MHRD-UGC, 2015.
- E-Content: National Coordinator and Editor of 16 papers for BIOPHYSICS for PG level for UGC. ( Partially done).
- Textbook: “An Introduction to Biophysics”, Author: M.R. Rajeswari*, Rastogi Publications (India), pages 312 ISBN :978-81-7133-972-3 , cost Rs 225/- (2012) .
- Textbook: “Studies on Carbapenemase& Membrane Proteome of Acinetobacter baumannii”. Vishvanath Tiwari and Rajeswari R Moganty, Lambert publication (Germany), Pages: 253. (2014). https://www.lap-publishing.com/catalog/details//store/gb/book/978-3-659-12709-0/studies-on-carbapenemase-membrane-proteome-of-acinetobacterISBN-13: 978-3-659-12709-0
Chapters in books
- Spectroscopic Techniques’ in e-book on “Biophysical and Biochemical Techniques”, Moganty R. Rajeswari*, under print Publishers: Natl. Inst. of Sci. Comm. and Infn. Recourses, Div of CSIR, Govt of India (2007).
- Interaction of bisbenzimidazole derivative Hoechst 33258 with lipid bilayers-A fluorescence study, M.R. Rajeswari* and G.S Singhal in Membrane Biogenesis, NATO-ASI Ser H: Cell Biology (Ed.J.A.F. Op den Kamp) Vol 16, 201-205, (1988).
- Chemistry of carbohydrates and lipids", M.R. Rajeswari* & G. Sundhardas in Text book of 'Biochemistry and Human Biology’ Eds: G.P. Talwar& L.M. Srivastava, Prentice Hall of India, pp 91 -111 (2003).
- Structural and Functional aspects of DNA triplex in relation to GAA/TTC repeat expansion in Friedreich’s Ataxia” in M.R. Rajeswari*, A. Jain and S. Kumar in “Functional Genomics” Ed: P. Gunasekharan, Springer Verlag (2003).
- Genotoxic Effect of the Environmental Pollutant Benzo[a]pyrene in Mice, Ashok Sharma and Moganty R. Rajeswari* Proceedings of National Symposium on Bio resources, Biotech. and Bio enterprises, (2004).
- Role of Multifunctional HMG I(Y) Chromosomal Proteins in cancer, M.R. Rajeswari*, Trends in clinical Biochemistry & laboratory medicine, published by Assocn. Of Clinical Biochemists of India based on 9th APCCB meeting, pp 533-539 (2003).
- Acinetobacter baumannii: Emerging Nosocomial Pathogen, Moganty R Rajeswari* and JitendraVashist, ENVIS, 4-7 (2011).
- Fluorescence studies on Methionine encephalin and its analogues, M.V.R.Rao, M. Atreyi, K. Govindan, K.B. Mathur and M.R. Rajeswari*, In: Current Status of Centrally acting peptides pp 55 - 59 (Ed. B.N. Dawn) Pergamum Press oxford (1982).
- “Dichotomous life of DNA Binding High Mobility Group, HMGB1 Protein in human Pathology”. Neelam Lohani& Moganty Rajeswari. , Journal of Current protein and Peptide Science, In press (Feb 2016 ). : BSP-CPPS-2015-234.
- DNA triplex structures in Neurodegenerative Disorder, Friedreich’s Ataxia Moganty R. Rajeswari*, J. Bio.Sci. 37,519-532 (2012). http://www.ias.ac.in/jbiosci/jul2012/519.pdf
- “Circulating (Cell-Free) Nucleic Acids- A Promising, Non-invasive Tool for Early Detection of Several Human Diseases”, Vishnu Swarup and M. R. Rajeswari* FEBS Letters. 581,795, 709,(2007).
- “Plasma circulating cell-free mitochondrial DNA in the assessment of Friedreich's Ataxia”, D. Subramaniam, Achal K. Srivastava, Sheffali Gulati and Moganty R. Rajeswari, Journal of the Neurological Sciences 365 , 82–88 (2016)
- “Preferential binding of anticancer drugs to triplex DNA compared to duplex DNA: A Spectroscopic and Calorimetric study”, Lohani N and Rajeswari M.R., Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) Advances, 2016,6, 39903-39917.
- "Structural aspects of the interaction of anticancer drug Actinomycin-D to the GC rich region of hmgb1 gene". Lohani N, Narayan Singh H, Rajeswari M. R*. Int J BiolMacromol. 2016;87:433-42. doi: 10.1016/j.ijbiomac.
- Triplex forming oligonucleotides targeted to hmga1 selectively inhibit its expression and induce apoptosis in human cervical cancer, Md. Zahid Akhter and M.R. Rajeswari*, J BiomolStructDyn. 2016. 21:1-15.
- Structural aspects of the interaction of anticancer drug Actinomycin-D to the GC rich region of hmgb1 gene, LohaniNeelam, M.R. Rajeswari*, Int J BiolMacromol. 2016;87:433-42. doi:10.1016/j.ijbiomac.2016.02.060..
- Friedreich’s Ataxia: Diagnosis and Therapeutic Strategies, Moganty R. Rajeswari, Science Spectrum, 1,102-126 (2016).
- Non-invasive biomarkers for spinocerebellar ataxias, types 2 & 12patients and their correlation with cerebellar degeneration, RR Moganty*, V Swarup, AK Srivastava, MV Padma, Parkinsonism & Related Disorders 22, e152-e153, (2016). DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.parkreldis.2015.10.358
- Identification of genes containing expanded purine repeats in the human genome and their apparent protective role against cancer, “Singh Himanshu”, “Moganty R. Rajeswari”, Journal of Biomolecular Structure and Dynamics Vol. 25, P 1-16 (2015).
- Role of long purine stretches in controlling the expression of genes associated with neurological disorders, “Singh HN”, “Rajeswari MR”, Gene Vol. 572, P 175-83 (2015).
- Gene regulation by long purine tracks in brain related diseases, Singh HN, “Rajeswari MR”, Data in Brief , 5, 218-225 (2015).
- Structural, conformational and thermodynamic aspects of groove-directed-intercalation of flavopiridol into DNA. Bhumika Ray; Shweta Agarwal; NeelamLohani; Moganty R. Rajeswari; RanjanaMehrotra. Journal of Biomoecular Structure and Dynamics. Impact factor: 3, 2015 Nov 24:1-47.
- Interaction of doxorubicin with a regulatory element of hmga1 and its in vitro anti-cancer activity associated with decreased HMGA1 expression Md. Zahid Akhter and Moganty R. Rajeswari*, J. Photochem. Photobiol. (B) 141:36-46. doi: 10.1016/j.jphotobiol.2014.08.026. Epub 2014 Sep 19 (2014).
- Report on "National Seminar on “Integration of Teaching and Research in Biophysics at Graduate & Postgraduate Level” held at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi on 11th February, 2014, Indian Journal of Biochemistry & Biophysics 51, 420-422 (2014). http://www.niscair.res.in/jinfo/IJBB/IJBB%2051(5)%20(Report).pdf.
- Interaction of Adriamycin with a regulatory element of hmgb1: Spectroscopic and Calorimetric Approach, Neelam Lohani1, Himanshu Narayan Singh1, Shweta Agarwal2, Ranjana Mehrotra2 and Moganty R. Rajeswari1*,Journal of Biomolecular Structure & dynamics, Oct 14:1-12. [Epub ahead of print] (2014).
- Interaction of Adriamycin with a regulatory element of hmgb1:Spectroscopic and Calorimetric approach, NeelamLohani.; Narayan Singh, H.; Agarwal, S.; Mehrotra, R.; Rajeswari, M. R , J. Protein &Proteomics, 6, 100 (2015).
- A Structural Insight into Major Groove Directed Binding of Nitrosourea Derivative Nimustine with DNA: ASpectroscopic Study, Shweta Agarwal1, Deepak Kumar Jangir1, RanjanaMehrotra, NeelamLohani, M. R. Rajeswari, PlosOne , 9(8): e104115. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0104115 Volume 9 | Issue 8 | e104115 (2014).
- A study of interleukin 1β levels in peri-miniscrewcrevicular fluid (PMCF), NitikaMonga, SushmaChaurasia, Om Prakash Kharbanda, Ritu Duggal and MogantyRajaRajeswari, Progres in Orthodontics, 15:30, pages1-7 (2014).
- Conformational stability of OXA-51 beta lactamase explains its role in Carbapenemresistance Acinetobacterbaumannii, Vishvanath Tiwari, Moganty R Rajeswari*, Plos One (2014).
- Interaction of triplex forming oligonucleotide with the promoter region of high mobility group box 1 (hmgb1) and its inhibitory effect on HMGB1 expression in HepG2 human hepatocellular carcinoma cell line, NeelamLohani& M R Rajeswari, Journal of Carcinogenesis, 13, 37 (2015).
- Common mechanism adopted by sensitive and carbapenem resistant strain of Acineotobacterbaumannii in starvation, Vishvanath Tiwari1*, Rajeswari R Moganty*. Journal of Proteins and Proteomics, 4, 9, 2013.
- Effect of iron availability on the survival of carbapenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii: A proteomic approach, Vishvanath Tiwari and Rajeswari R. Moganty Journal of Proteomics & Bioinformatics 6:125-131. (2013) doi: 10.4172/jpb.1000270
- Quantitative Profiling and Identification of Differentially Expressed Plasma Proteins in Friedreich’s Ataxia,Vishnu Swarup1, Achal K. Srivastava2, Madakasira V. Padma2 and Moganty R. Rajeswari1*, Journal Of Neuroscience Research, 91, 1483- 1491 (2013).
- Quantitative profiling and identification of plasma proteins of spinocerebellar ataxia type-2 patients, Vishnu Swarup1, Achal K. Srivastava2, Madakasira V. Padma2 and Rajeswari R. Moganty1*, Neurodegenerative Diseases , 12:199-206,2013 Doi: 10.1159/000346585
- Carbapenem-hydrolyzingOxacillinase in high resistant strains of Acinetobacter baumannii isolated from India. Vishvanath Tiwari, Arti Kapil and Rajeswari R. Moganty. Microbial Pathogenesis 53, 81-86 (2012). http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.micpath.2012.05.004,
- Comparative Proteomics of Inner Membrane Fraction from Carbapenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii with a Reference Strain, Vishvanath Tiwari, JitendraaVashistt, Arti Kapil and Rajeswari R. Moganty. PLoS ONE 7, e39451 DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0039451 (2012).
- Identification and quantification of differentially expressed proteins in plasma of spinocerebellar ataxia type 12, Vishnu Swarup, Achal K. Srivastava, and Moganty R. Rajeswari*,NeuroSci.Res.73,161-167 (2012). http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.neures.2012.03.002
- In-silico modeling of a novel OXA-51 from β-lactam-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii and its interaction with various antibiotics. Vishvanath Tiwari, IshaNagpal, Naidu Subbarao and Rajeswari R. Moganty. J. Mol. Modelling, 18, 3351-3361(2012). (DOI 10.1007/s00894-011-1346-3).
- Structural studies on New Delhi Metallo-β-Lactamase (NDM-2) suggest Old β-Lactam Penicillin to be better antibiotic for NDM-2-harboring Acinetobacter baumannii. Vishvanath Tiwari and Rajeswari R. Moganty*. Journal of Biomolecular Structure and Dynamics DOI: 10.1080/07391102.2012.706075 (2012) .
- Analysis of penicillin binding proteins (PBPs) in Carbapenem resistant Acinetobacter baumannii, JitendraVashist, Vishvanath Tiwari, Rituparna Das , Arti Kapil and M.R. Rajeswari*,Ind. J. Med. Res., 133,332-338 ( 2011).
- Biophysical Studies on the Binding of Actinomycin-D to GC rich region of hmga1, Akhter, Z, Sharma, A and Moganty R. Rajeswari*, Journal of Biomolecular Structure and Dynamics ) 2011 .
- Differential expression of Outer membrane proteins in early stages of meropenem-resistance in Acinetobacter baumannii.JitendraaVashistt, Vishvanath Tiwari, Arti Kapiland Rajeswari R Moganty. J. Int. OMICS 280-86, (2011) DOI: 10.5584/jiomics.v1i2.67.
- DNA-Triplex mediated inhibition of MET leads to cell death and tumor regression in hematoma GarimaSingha, Mohammad Zahid Akhter , David F. Stern, Siddhartha Dutta gupta, Arvind Ahuja, Uma Sharma, N. R. Jagannathanand Moganty R. Rajeswari*, Cancer Gene Therapy, 18, 520-530 (2011).
- Effect of force and loading time on Interleukin 1 β levels in peri-implant crevicular fluid”, Monga, N., Kharbanda, O.P., Duggal, R., Akhter, M. Z. and Rajeswari, M.R The angle Orthodontist. (012312-56) 2011.
- Interaction of Adriamycin with a promoter region of hmga1 and its inhibitory effect on HMGA1 expression in A431 human squamous carcinoma cell line, Mohammad Zahid Akhter, Ashok Sharma and Moganty R. Rajeswari*. Molecular Biosysytems., 7, 1336-1346 (2011).DOI: 10.1039/C0MB00247
- Quantification of Cell-free Circulating Nucleic Acid in Neurological Disorders, Friedreich’s ataxia, Spinocerebellar Ataxia type 2 and 12. Vishnu Swarup, A.K. Srivastava, M.V. Padma, M.R. Rajeswari*, DNA and Cell Biology, 30, 389-394, (2011).
- Molecular aspects on the interaction of Hoechst-33258 with GC-rich promoter region of c-met, GarimaSinghal and Moganty R. Rajeswari*, DNA and Cell Biology, 29, 91-100 (2010).
- Quantitative profiling and identification of outer membrane proteins of β-Lactam resistant strains of Acinetobacter baumannii using Difference in fluorescence 2D gel electrophoresis (DIGE) and Mass spectrometry. JitendraVashist, Vishvanath Tiwari, Arti Kapil and M.R. Rajeswari*, Journal of Proteome Research, 9, 1121-1128 (2010).
- Synthesis, crystal structure and anti-proliferative activity of some isocoumarin and their thio analogues, P. Manivel, Ashok Sharma, M.R. Rajeswari*, F. Nawaz Khan, Phosphor, Sulphur and related elements 185, 387-393 (2010).
- Therapeutic effect of Cisplatin and doxorubicin on Skin tumors: Assessment by MRI, M. R. Rajeswari*, U. Sharma, N. R. Jagannathan, and A. Sharma, ISMRM, 3296 and 3297 (2010).
- High Mobility Group A1 (HMGA1) Protein Expression Correlates with Cisplatin-induced Cell death in Squamous Cell Carcinoma of Skin, Ashok Sharma and Moganty R. Rajeswari*, Cancer Inv., 27, 1023-37 (2009).
- Interaction of nalidixic acid and ciprofloxacin with wild type and mutated quinolone-resistance-determining region of DNA gyrase A, JitendraVashist, Vishvanath, Renuka Kapoor, Arti Kapil, RagothamanYennamalli, N Subbarao and Moganty R. Rajeswari*, Ind. J. Biochem. Biophy. 46, 147-153 (2009).
- Interaction of Actinomycin D with promoter element of c-met and its inhibitory effect on the expression of c-Met, GarimaSinghal and Moganty R. Rajeswari*, J. Biomol. Str. &Dyn. 26, 625-636 (2009).
- Involvement of High Mobility Group B (HMGB) proteins in Cisplatin-induced Cytotoxicity in Squamous Cell Carcinoma of Skin, Ashok Sharma, AllamRamanjaneyulu, Ruma Ray and Moganty R. Rajeswari*, DNA and Cell Biology, 28, 311-318 (2009).
- Preferential Binding of Anticancer Drug Adriamycin to the Sp1 binding site in c-met promoter region: A spectroscopic and molecular modeling study, GarimaSinghal and Moganty R. Rajeswari*, J. Mol. Str. 920, 208-213 (2009).
Research Group Members
Mr. Himanshu Narayan Singh, ICMR-SRF
Mr. Himanshu Narayan Singh is currently working as Senior Research Fellow under the supervision of Prof. M. R. Rajeswari on project entitled “Identification of non-B DNA structure forming sequences in human genome and their role in various disorders”. He has completed his M.Tech. (Bioinformatics) from JamiaHamdard, New Delhi.
- Best Oral Presentation Award, International Congress on “Friedreich’s ataxia and DNA Structure in Health & Disease”, during April 11-13, 2015 at AIIMS, New Delhi, India.
- Awarded Independent SRF on Project entitled “Identification of non-B DNA structure forming sequences in human genome and their role in various disorders” from ICMR, New Delhi, India.
- Invited Researcher (2016) at Department of Medical Chemistry, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria.
- International Travel Grant awarded from ICHG-2016, Kyoto, Japan to attend “13th International Congress of Human Genetics International Congress of Human Genetics”, 2016, Kyoto, Japan.
- International Travel grants awarded (2015) from Department of Science & Technology, Department of Biotechnology and Indian Council for Medical Research, New Delhi, India
- Life Member of Scientific Societies: DNA Society of India (DSI); Society for Neurochemistry, India (SNCI)
- Singh HN, Rajeswari MR*. (2016) Identification of genes containing expanded purine repeats in the human genome and their apparent protective role against cancer. JBSD. 2015; 25:1-16.
- Singh HN, Rajeswari MR*. (2015) Role of long purine stretches in controlling the expression of genes associated with neurological disorders.Gene. 572(2):175-83.
- Singh HN, Rajeswari MR*. (2015) Do large purine repeat sequences play a role in transcriptional regulation of genes associated with neurological disorders? JBSD. 33 Suppl 1:12.
- Singh HN, Rajeswari MR*. (2015) Transcriptional regulation of genes containing long purine tracks in neurological. Data in Brief. 5: 218–225.
- Lohani N, Singh HN, Rajeswari MR*. (2016) Structural aspects of the interaction of anticancer drug Actinomycin-D to the GC rich region of hmgb1 gene. IJBM. 87:433-442.
- Lohani N, Singh HN, Agarwal S, Mehrotra R, Rajeswari MR*. (2014) Interaction of adriamycin with a regulatory element of hmgb1: spectroscopic and calorimetric approach. JBSD. 14:1-12.
- Himanshu Narayan Singh and Moganty R. Rajeswari*, Identification of Genes Containing Expanded Purine Repeats in Human Genome and Their Apparent Role In Protection Against Cancer. International Congress on Friedreich’s ataxia and DNA Structure in Health & Disease on 11-13 April, 2015, at AIIMS, New Delhi, India.
- Himanshu N Singh and Moganty R Rajeswari*, Distribution of Large Purine Repeats (Pu)n in Human Genome: Relevance to Neurological. Disorders.International Conference on “Recent Advances in Molecular Mechanisms of Neurological Disorders” & 27th Annual Meeting of SNCI on 21-23 Feb, 2013, at AIIMS, New Delhi, India.
- Himanshu Narayan Singh and Moganty R. Rajeswari*. (2016) Effect of various minor groove binding compounds on DNA-triplex containing (GAA)5 repeat: A comparative study to screen potential drug candidate for Friedreich’s ataxia therapeutics. ICHG-2016, Kyoto, Japan
- Himanshu Narayan Singh and Moganty R. Rajeswari*. (2015) n1n2TrackAnnotator: Software for detection and annotation of tracks comprising user-defined two different nucleotides in genome sequence. ASHG-2015, Baltimore, USA.
- Himanshu N. Singh and Moganty R. Rajeswari*. (2015) Do large Purine repeat sequences play a role in transcriptional regulation of genes associated with neurological disorders? Albany 2015: The 19th Conversation. State University of New York, Albany, New York, USA.
- Himanshu Narayan Singh, Dr. D. Bhattacharyya, Dr. M. R. Rajeswari*. (2015) Evaluation of binding affinities of anti-tumor drugs targeting hmga1 gene against cancer: An in-silico study of DNA-ligand interactions. International Congress on Friedreich’s ataxia and DNA Structure in Health & Disease. AIIMS, New Delhi.
- Himanshu N. Singh and Dr. Moganty R. Rajeswari*. (2015) Interaction of promoter region of hmga1 with minor-groove binding anti-cancer drugs. International workshop on Drug development and neglected tropical infectious diseases. University of Madras, Chennai.
Mr. Rajkumar, Lab Technician
He is working as a Medical Lab Technologist with Prof. M. R. Rajeswari since June, 1997. His nature of work are Ataxia patient’s blood/serum collection, operating lab instruments and other lab related activities.