NCI will be the nodal Institution for all activities related to cancer in the country and will have the linkages with all Regional Cancer Centres and other cancer centres/institution within the country. NCI had signed MoU’s for collaboration in cancer research with NCI – USA, DBT and ICPO.
It will evolve model cancer control programmes for the developing world and new therapies. The NCI will explore in addition to allopathic system, alternative therapies from medicine system historically available in India. It will act as apex center resources in cancer.
It will undertake clinical trials of newer drugs as well as vaccines to treat and improve the existing outcomes of therapy on survival and quality of life of the cancer patients.
It will carry out translational research and incorporate newly developed techniques in cancer therapy into clinical practice
It will set standards for cancer treatment and to evolve, update and disseminate evidence based guidelines to promote uniform patient care across the country.
NCI will facilitate the development of affordable medicines and equipment.
- About Us
- Departments & Centers
- Press Release
- AIIMS Diamond Jubilee Celebration
- DR. M.C.MISRA, DIRECTOR AIIMS
- The National Cancer insttitute(PIB)
- THE NATIONAL CANCER INSTITUTE
- DR V. RAMALINGASWAMI
- AIIMS GOES DIGITAL(P.I.B)
- THE JOURNEYS OF AIIMSONIANS
- THE JOURNEYS OF AIIMSONIANS (PIB)
- Rajkumari Amrit Kaur (P.I.B.)
- An Ode to AIIMS-2016
- Rajkumari Amrit Kaur
- Photo Gallery
- AIIMS Act 1956-The Parliament Debate
- The First Digital Revolution in Health Care
- Awards & Honours
- Quality Improvement
- Resident's Corner