RELATED SITES OF OTOLARYNGOLOGY
1. Some of these sites require the user to complete a registration form, which may ask for the respondent's address and e-mail number.
sites will not volitionally divulge any of this information to a third
party (e.g junk mail companies) the internet should not be regarded as
a completely secure resource. It is recommended that you use your work
address rather than your home one.
2. The online journals available vary in the amount of content. Some will contain a full version of the printed journal including papers, others will basically involve advertising for the journal rather than be of any real interest to the reader. A lot of sites on the internet look very impressive but contain little of any real use and are not much more than advertisments. This is very irritating when you have taken some time to download them if the Net is running slowly. The sites listed here are among the better sites and offer substantial academic content without any charge. For the uninitiated , some of these sites also offer links to other ENT related sites.
3. There is almost no peer review of any of the material published on the net: if you have access to a website you can basically say anything you like on it - this should be borne in mind when using resouces such as grand round archives. These usually contain impressive legal disclaimers.
|Archieves of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery|
|Annals of Otology, Laryngology and Rhinology|
|Journal of Laryngology and Otology|
|ENT News Online|
|Medline searching through the National Library or Medicine||www.nlm.nih.gov/databases/freemedl.html|
1) Deka RC; Role of antioxidants and dietary restrictions in dizziness, tinnitus and hearing loss due to aging. Indian journal of Otology, vol 7, S.N 2 , Apr - Jun 01.
2) Deka RC ; Cochlear implant surgery in children . Indian journal of Otology, Vol 7, S No 4, Oct - Dec 01, 137-138.
3) Deka RC, Baruah P, Jha DN. Endonasal endoscopic surgery of paranasal mucoceles. Indian journal of Otology, Vol 7, S.N 4, Oct- Dec 01
4) Deka RC . Cochlear implantation in children. Vertigo update 2002: 6; 4-5.
5) Bahadur S, Thakar A, Mohanti BK, Lal P .Results of radiotherapy with or without salvage surgery versus combined surgery and radiotherapy in advanced carcinoma of the hypopharynx. The Journal of Laryngology and Otology (2002) 116(1):29-32.
6) Sharma SC, Bubul K , Handa KK Approaching the skull base. ORL Delhi , Vol 1 , No 4 , 23-28
Thakar A, Anjaneyulu C, Deka RC.Vertigo Syndromes and Mechanisms
in Migraine.The Journal of Laryngology and Otology (2001) 115(10) 782-787.
8) Thakar A, Baruah P, Kumar S, Sharma MC .Rhinophycomycosis: The Journal of Laryngology and Otology (2001)115(6):493-496
9) Thakar A. Clinical effect of canal plugging for paroxysmal positional vertigo.The Journal of Laryngology & Otology (2001)115(8) 686-7.
10) Thakar A, Bahadur S. Troubleshooting with the Tracheo-esophageal Prosthesis.Indian Journal of Otolaryngology and Head -Neck Surgery(2002) 54: 27-29.
11) Handa KK, Abhineet Kumar, Singh MK. Extraanasopharyngeal angiofibroma arising from the nasal septum. International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology 58(2002), 163-166.
12) Handa KK Bhalla, APS, Anand Arora. Fire during the use of Nd-Yag laser. International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology 60 (2001), 239-242.
13)Handa A, Handa KK. Motion Sickness; Management by physical therapy. Indian journal of Otology Vol 7, No 3 Sept, 124-126.
KK. Are Digital hearing aids useful ? ENT Online, Jan - Mar 2001,
15)C Anjaneyulu, Handa KK , Deka RC. Treatment principles of chronic laryngotracheal stenosis . Delhi ORL , Dec 2001 , 48-51.
16) Handa KK, Deka RC, Upadhaya S . Laryngeal Framework surgery : Present Day status. Delhi ORL, Dec2001, 9-12
17) Handa KK, Gagan Kumar, Sharma SC. Malignant Otitis externa revisited. Delhi ORL. Vol 1( No 4) , 11-14
18) Jha DN, Bahadur S, Thakar A, Chava A. Fibro-osseous lesions of the maxillo-ethmoid complex with orbital involvement.Indian Journal of Otolaryngology and Head-Neck Surgery (2001) 53: 225-228.
19)Anjanyulu C , Deka RC; Vertigo in diabetics- an overview. Vertigo update. 2001: 5: 6-8.
20)Anjanyulu C, Handa KK, Deka RC: Treatment principles of chronic laryngeal stenosis. Delhi ORL, Dec 2001; pp 48-51.
21) Sarin D, Deka RC. Emerging role of Mitimycin in Otolaryngology. ENT update2002: 2; 19-23.