Puneet Misra, MD, MPH (USA), PGDHHM, MIPHA, MIAPSM
Dr. Puneet Misra is a member of the Medical faculty at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences. He has done his residency in Preventive Medicine and in Pediatrics. He has over fifteen years of experience as Physician, Researcher, & Teacher of Community Medicine, Epidemiology and Public Health. He has worked and actively participated in research and academics at various institutions in India and abroad. He has served as a member of the Executive Committee of Indian Association of Preventive and Social Medicine for many years. He is also -
· Member – Regional Institute Central Zone for HIV Sentinel Surveillance, NACO, Govt Of India, responsible for HSS activity in five states of India for technical support and quality control.
· Member – Telemedicine Committee of AIIMS and In charge Telemedicine Facility at CRHSP-AIIMS, Ballabgarh.
· Team member of Consensus Development for Cut-offs of Measures of Obesity and Metabolic Syndrome, Physical activity for Asian Indians.
· Fellow Indian Public Health Association
· Life Member Indian Association of Preventive and Social Medicine, Indian Public Health Association, International Epidemiology Association, Asia Oceania Research Organization for Genital Infections and Neoplasia
PUBLICATION in last 5 Years
1. V Silan, S Kant, K Goswami, S Rai, P Misra, HIV risk behaviour and prevalence of self reported sexually transmitted diseases among men who have sex with men, registered with selected non-governmental organisations in Delhi, India, J Epidemiol Community Health2011;65:A352 doi:10.1136/jech.2011.142976m.3
2. Misra P, Upadhyay RP, Krishnan A, Vikram NK, Sinha S. A Community-Based Study of Metabolic Syndrome and Its Components Among Women of Rural Community in Ballabgarh, Haryana. Metab Syndr Relat Disord. 2011 Aug 8. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 21823923.
3. Misra P, Upadhyay RP, Misra A, Anand K. A review of the epidemiology of diabetes in rural India. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2011 Jun;92(3):303-11. Epub 2011 Apr 1. PubMed PMID: 21458875.
4. Upadhyay RP, Misra P. Vitamin A supplementation does not improve maternal survival. Natl Med J India. 2011 May-Jun;24(3):161-2. PubMed PMID: 21786846.
5. Krishnan A, Kumar R, Nongkynrih B, Misra P, Srivastava R, Kapoor SK. Adult mortality surveillance by routine health workers using a short verbal autopsy tool in rural north India. J Epidemiol Community Health. 2011 Mar 3. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 21372064.
6. Shann F, Nohynek H, Scott JA, Hesseling A, Flanagan KL; Working Group on Nonspecific Effects of Vaccines. Randomized trials to study the nonspecific effects of vaccines in children in low-income countries. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2010 May;29(5):457-61. Review. PubMed PMID: 20431383.
7. Fine PE, Williams TN, Aaby P, Källander K, Moulton LH, Flanagan KL, Smith PG, Benn CS; Working Group on Non-specific Effects of Vaccines. Epidemiological studies of the 'non-specific effects' of vaccines: I--data collection in observational studies. Trop Med Int Health. 2009 Sep;14(9):969-76. Epub 2009 Jun 15. Review. PubMed PMID: 19531117.
8. Farrington CP, Firth MJ, Moulton LH, Ravn H, Andersen PK, Evans S; Working Group on Non-specific Effects of Vaccines. Epidemiological studies of the non-specific effects of vaccines: II--methodological issues in the design and analysis of cohort studies. Trop Med Int Health. 2009 Sep;14(9):977-85. Epub 2009 Jun 15. Review. PubMed PMID: 19531116.
9. Banerjee D, Vikram N, Mishra P, Bhatt R, Prakash S, Misra A. Correlation of a [13C]glucose breath test with surrogate markers of insulin resistance in urban and rural Asian Indians. Metab Syndr Relat Disord. 2009 Jun;7(3):215-9. PubMed PMID: 19284316.
10. Misra A, Chowbey P, Makkar BM, Vikram NK, Wasir JS, Chadha D, Joshi SR, Sadikot S, Gupta R, Gulati S, Munjal YP; Concensus Group. Consensus statement for diagnosis of obesity, abdominal obesity and the metabolic syndrome for Asian Indians and recommendations for physical activity, medical and surgical management. J Assoc Physicians India. 2009 Feb;57:163-70. Review. PubMed PMID: 19582986.
11. Nongkynrih B, Anand K, Kusuma YS, Rai SK, Misra P, Goswami K. Linking undergraduate medical education to primary health care. Indian J Public Health. 2008 Jan-Mar;52(1):28-32. PubMed PMID: 18700718.
12. Kant S, Goswami K, Rai SK, Dar L, Misra P. Quality assurance of annual HIV sentinel surveillance 2006: experience of regional institute, central zone. Indian J Public Health. 2007 Jan-Mar;51(1):28-32. PubMed PMID: 18232137.
13. Anand K, Lakshmy R, Janakarajan VN, Ritvik A, Misra P, Pandey RM, Kapoor SK, Sankar R, Bulusu S. Effect of consumption of micronutrient fortified candies on the iron and vitamin A status of children aged 3-6 years in rural Haryana. Indian Pediatr. 2007 Nov;44(11):823-9. PubMed PMID: 18057478.
14. Rai Sanjay K, Guresh k, Yadav Kapil, Misra Puneet, Anand K: Fertility Monograph – HDSS Site Ballabgarh, India for INDEPTH Network; Sept – Dec 2008
15. Rai Sanjay K, Anand K, Yadav Kapil, Guresh K, Misra Puneet, : Mortality Monograph – HDSS : Ballabgarh, India for INDEPTH Network; 2009
16. Xirasagar, S., Misra, Puneet. Global health and Health Systems, India’s Health System, in Johnson, J.A. and Stoskopf C.H. (Editors) Comparative Health Systems, global Perspective. Jones and Bartlett Publishers, Sudbury, Boston, MA. – published 2009, pages 237-258